The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

PvP Gamebreaking Bug - Abandon PvP till Fixed

StihlReign
StihlReign
✭✭✭✭
PvP Gamebreaker

PvP is currently experiencing a game-breaking bug. Enemy icons have disappeared and desynced from enemy players.

While this doesn't stop or hamper use of your abilities, it has destroyed the immersion of the PvP experience. You cannot easily discern who is friend or foe.

I do NOT run add-ons, so this is NOT an add-on issue. This is something new. I have logged in and out repeatedly, shut down the game, cleaned registry etc. There is no fix from the user/client side that I'm aware of.

I spend 97% of the game in PvP. We need a hotfix for this ASAP.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno
"O divine art of subtlety and secrecy!

Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible; and hence we can hold the enemy’s fate in our hands.” – Ch. VI, v. 8-9. — Master Sun Tzu

"You haven't beaten me you've sacrificed sure footing for a killing stroke." — Ra's al Ghul

He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious — Master Sun Tzu

LoS
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also nirnhurn crux or however you spell it ignores 100% of enemy resistance, fix immediately.
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

Options
  • Yuke
    Yuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THIS
    Save Us, Microsoft.

Noricum & Kitesquad™
    YT-Channel
    Options
  • Ommy71
    Ommy71
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem here, please fix.
    ommyy - Stamblade - Brigadier - Master Angler - Former Emperor - All trophies Done - Stormproof - 27400 Achievement Points....
    PC-EU
    Options
  • Perichor
    Perichor
    ✭✭✭
    tbh there better be a major update WITH ALOT OF TLC for PVP soon or we should all boycott this game

period.
    Options
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Was hoping this would be fixed in today's patch notes.

Then remembered it's a bug that is only gamebreaking for PvP, so it will go unattended for months. :(
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
    Options
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working as intended, player marker pots available in the crown store. :trollface:

Have you checked the UI setting for showing enemy health bars? Seems that the marker and the health bar are desynching at different rates. Try clicking into those settings.

Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
    Options
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are investigating this issue now, folks, and appreciate your continued reports. If you don't mind, to help with with our investigating, please let us know:
    1. Are you using addons? Does this issue happen without addons?
    2. What server are you on?
    3. Is there a specific campaign in which you're not seeing the icons or is it happening in all campaigns?
    If anyone happens to have a video, please don't hesitate to post it here so that we can take a look! We understand the frustration and we do appreciate your patience.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We are investigating this issue now, folks, and appreciate your continued reports. If you don't mind, to help with with our investigating, please let us know:
    3. Is there a specific campaign in which you're not seeing the icons or is it happening in all campaigns?
    If anyone happens to have a video, please don't hesitate to post it here so that we can take a look! We understand the frustration and we do appreciate your patience.

Am using addons; was suggested that it may be an addon issue; removed all addons from my addon folder completely; still have the issue.
    Issue definitely happens without addons, as was also touched upon by the OP of this thread:
    StihlReign wrote: »
    PvP Gamebreaker
    I do NOT run add-ons, so this is NOT an add-on issue. This is something new. I have logged in and out repeatedly, shut down the game, cleaned registry etc. There is no fix from the user/client side that I'm aware of.

I spend 97% of the game in PvP. We need a hotfix for this ASAP.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno

2. On North American server personally.

3. Happens in all campaigns; seems to happen most consistently after getting lagged out and then relogging to a dead character.
    Also happens sometimes after character death or lag spikes that do not result in disconnects.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Options
  • Darklord_Tiberius
    Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭

Phoenix Rising plays mostly on Chillrend now, we have experienced the alliance icons and group icons missing. It appears to happen to random people in our raid usually after they join the group and come meet up with us in Cyrodiil. A few of our people have re logged and this seems to fix the issue mostly; however, some of our people re-log and still have missing alliance icons and group icons.

WIth addons or without addons, it apparently happens either way; we tested both. Turning addons off and then re-logging and re joining the raid seems to work as a "fix", but hardly close to any type of solution. It is really hard to pin point the real cause, because its almost seems completely random. Also, being in combat or in a large fight does not seem to cause it. From what we have seen it happens when people join the raid and meet up regardless of combat/lag.

Hope some of this helps
    Edited by Darklord_Tiberius on March 9, 2015 6:06PM
    Options
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. I am using addons. This happens without addons. My guild has, however, found a reliable fix in turning off all addons before restarting the game client and then turning them back on once in game again.
    2. We are on both Thornblade and Chillrend.
    3. This bug occurs on both servers.

The bug also includes health bars that normally show above peoples heads, and not just enemy alliance indicators. Can try getting a video if it happens to me later, but I'm sure there are already some out there. Usually you can tell it's going to happen because the UI parts in question start flickering like a candle in the wind :pensive:
    Options
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ... Also, being in combat or in a large fight does not seem to cause it. From what we have seen it happens when people join the raid and meet up regardless of combat/lag.

Interesting observations.
    Personally, only ever have it happen with large fights and/or lagouts.
    Never play in a group larger than 2 in Cyrodiil, but still have the issue constantly even though I am never part of a raid.
    Impacts me whether in a group duoing or playing completely solo with no group.
    Edited by Samadhi on March 9, 2015 6:10PM
    Options
  • ishilb14_ESO
    ishilb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fixing this should be priority at the moment.
    Original DC #Bloodthorn2014
    CoFounder - Terror
    Officer - Mega Best Friends
    Officer - Eminent Gaming

Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil was fine for me for the first day or two then I suddenly had this issue for two days and couldn't get it fixed (It started in the middle of a fight).

I updated Foundry Tactical Combat to the latest version and then I noticed a few of my alliance indicator options in the UI settings(I can't remember exactly which ones since it was a couple days ago) were not what they should have been and then I changed those and the issue went away and I haven't had it since.

I don't know if my changes were circumstantial or not so your mileage may vary.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Didn't use add-ons in PTS, had the bug there. (Haderus)

Currently on EU I don't have the bug but I know 50% of my contacts/Guild mates do. (Thornblade)

PC EU
    Options
  • Winnamine
    Winnamine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've been having this issue too, but we find it helps our immersion. Not being able to tell friend from enemy until they attack you adds a real life element that you just don't find in most games.
    Edited by Winnamine on March 9, 2015 7:37PM
    Winni
    ~
    VE
    Decibel
    Options
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I logged on Saturday over the weekend and the icons WORKED!! I was so happy and got to play for a few hours. I logged on Sunday and everything was back to the bugged state- I could not tell who was friend or foe at all.

Interesting information:
    It does not seem like the interface settings are being saved properly. I was in Craglorn and in the interface settings, the "healthbars" option was OFF. This is very strange as I never turn this off. I switched it on, played some PVP, quit the client. Some time later I logged back on and the "healthbars" option was back OFF again.

Also, my indicator settings were messed up. I never ever play with friendly Alliance indicators on. However, on the day that the icons actually worked, friendly Alliance indicators were set to on. I toggled them off and it was fine.

Edit: I do not group in PVP- I run solo. So this does not seem to be a grouping related issue.
    Edited by s7732425ub17_ESO on March 9, 2015 7:40PM
    Options
  • Hughezy
    Hughezy
    ✭✭✭
    Winnamine wrote: »
    We've been having this issue too, but we find it helps our immersion. Not being able to tell friend from enemy until they attack you adds a real life element that you just don't find in most games.

Agreed, it is also immersion breaking to immediately know the other players PvP ranks, I believe that they should show only after you have checked their corpse and identified them.
    Options
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also nirnhurn crux or however you spell it ignores 100% of enemy resistance, fix immediately.

That's amazing.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
    Options
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are investigating this issue now

Tristan, appreciate the update but......This is the first time you heard of this bug? Should have been fixed in today's patch (along with all kinds of other issues). In case you haven't heard, here are a few other issues.....

- LAG
    - Horses stopping randomly
    - LAG
    - Potions taking you out of stealth
    - LAG
    - Siege doing less damage instead of more
    - LAG
    - Nirnhoned ignoring resists
    - LAG
    - Doors not working. Sometimes hitting ESC works other times causes a relog.
    - LAG
    - the list goes on.

Options
  • Workerdroid7
    Workerdroid7
    ✭✭✭

I am using add-ons. I play Blackwater Blade EU campaign (and I know from zone chat that a TON of people have had this bug).
    I personally managed to fix it by deleting UserSettings.txt file and restarting the game. How this fixed it, I have no idea... but it worked.

Edit: just want to add that I've had the "cannot open doors or use transitus shrine" bug multiple times since 1.6. Usually goes away after a few minutes, or after swopping weapons a few times.

Edited by Workerdroid7 on March 9, 2015 9:23PM
    Options
  • Nithrakis
    Nithrakis
    I've had this issue but I fixed it.

1. I'm using add-ons.
    2. North America
    3. I play exclusively on Lagblade Thornblade because campaign hoppers are bad people.

How did I fix it? Someone suggested the following in another post:

1. Disable alliance indicators/health indicators (This step probably isn't necessary but I did it).
    2. Quit the game completely.
    3. Delete UserSettings.txt from the ESO live directory under My Documents.
    4. Log back into the game.
    5. Go back into your settings and re-enable health bars and alliance indicators.

This worked for me and I haven't had an issue for several days now.

I play mostly on one character so I don't switch characters often (Just in case that's a contributing factor).

Options
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what helps to get by this problem is when you are in cyrodiil:

disable each healthbar option (each sub function on its own)
    disable the entire healthbar function (enable healthbars yes/no)

ctrl+f4
    log back in
    reanable the settings as you like
    profit

worked for me every time
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

Options
  • Kevinmon
    Kevinmon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really, the OP says no addons, yet the first question by ZOS is, are you using addons? What a joke.
    Options
  • Sylvyr
    Sylvyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kevinmon wrote: »
    Really, the OP says no addons, yet the first question by ZOS is, are you using addons? What a joke.

I believe that was intended for subsequent posters. Porbably. Maybe. Shrug.
    Badge: Wall-of-Text GRANDMASTER

PvP: Patch Vs. Player

ZoSence (n.):
    1) What is reasonable or comprehensive using ZoS logic. "That makes ZoSense"
    2) Making zero sense. "That makes ZoSense"
    Options
  • Sylvyr
    Sylvyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solution that has worked for me:

Shoot anything that moves.
    Badge: Wall-of-Text GRANDMASTER

PvP: Patch Vs. Player

ZoSence (n.):
    1) What is reasonable or comprehensive using ZoS logic. "That makes ZoSense"
    2) Making zero sense. "That makes ZoSense"
    Options
  • Raizin
    Raizin
    ✭✭✭✭

Besides this, do i have to make video of fact that u guys didnt fix massive lags that make cyro unplayable for like 8 months since they started? After 1.6 was deploit its even *** worse... how fkin hard is it, to look into it.
    HellSeesYou = v16/AD/Rank 37-Former emp/EU TB-AZura(Old Auriels Bow badass) ___ Vampire Templar/Resto/Destro staff user from Banana squad
    HellSeesAll - v16/EP/Rank 19 Magicka NB/Necrotic Lag member
    HellSeesUs - v16/AD/Rank 18 Stamina Templar
    Options
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WebBull wrote: »
    We are investigating this issue now

Tristan, appreciate the update but......This is the first time you heard of this bug? Should have been fixed in today's patch (along with all kinds of other issues). In case you haven't heard, here are a few other issues.....

- LAG
    - Horses stopping randomly
    - LAG
    - Potions taking you out of stealth
    - LAG
    - Siege doing less damage instead of more
    - LAG
    - Nirnhoned ignoring resists
    - LAG
    - Doors not working. Sometimes hitting ESC works other times causes a relog.
    - LAG
    - the list goes on.

QFT

@ZOS_TristanK
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
    Options
  • Storm1732
    Storm1732
    ✭✭
    I know most of us are trying really hard to enjoy the game because without the lag and bugs it is amazing. The only problem is that the lag and bugs make pvp unplayable. Please before adding any more new content fix the bugs and skill lag.
    Options
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I told my guild mates I'm taking a break from PvP until some of the crap that this patch brought in is fixed. Potions dont work half of the time, alliance indicators and health bars are fkd. Yesterday I was on my own against 10 yellows, I wouldnt stand much of a chance anyway, but still. I used ferocious leap, animation got stuck due to lag. After 4 seconds all was normal again... but then... oh no... 200+ ping and I get stuck in the critical rush animation. I punched my monitor into oblivion.

Like I said myself and a few other guild mates aren't PvPing much this week. I only do some PvE now and then log off and play some Mount and Blade.

It's utter ***.
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
    Options
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed the missing icon problem for the first time last night on Chillrend NA. I have no add-ons and I was playing solo. I'm very close to abandoning PVP like many of the others. And since that's primarily what I do now after 11 months of gameplay then there is only one inescapable outcome possible.
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
    Options