Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

PvP Gamebreaking Bug - Abandon PvP till Fixed

• Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also nirnhurn crux or however you spell it ignores 100% of enemy resistance, fix immediately.

Remember how long they waited to fix the sharpened trait bug that did this exactly? I think it was 7-8 months. Only thing that helped was not too many knew about it...
    Options
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭
    We are investigating this issue now, folks, and appreciate your continued reports. If you don't mind, to help with with our investigating, please let us know:
    1. Are you using addons? Does this issue happen without addons?
    2. What server are you on?
    3. Is there a specific campaign in which you're not seeing the icons or is it happening in all campaigns?
    If anyone happens to have a video, please don't hesitate to post it here so that we can take a look! We understand the frustration and we do appreciate your patience.

1. With and without addon's.
    2. NA
    3. Haderus, Chillrend, Thornblade

4. Sometimes they're working, and upon entering combat they will disappear and stay gone even through multiple reloads of the entire client.

This IS gamebreaking for PVP, especially since we have no new content since beta. Wheeler has got some explainin' to do.
    Edited by Observant on March 10, 2015 12:21PM
    Vehemence
    Options
  • JTorus
    JTorus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Problem is with settings.txt here's what worked for me. The bug occurred after a long loading screen (that I alt-f4'd) out of. Usually I /camp and quit the game properly (to avoid any changed options mishaps.)
    • Rename Settings.txt to something else (Settings-old.txt)
    • Start the game.
    • Exit the game after gamma setting configuration (I didn't even load up a character)
    • Delete newly created Settings.txt
    • Rename Settings-old.txt back to Settings.txt
    • Make yourself a strong drink and get back into the chaos.
    • The End
    Options
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nithrakis wrote: »
    I've had this issue but I fixed it.

1. I'm using add-ons.
    2. North America
    3. I play exclusively on Lagblade Thornblade because campaign hoppers are bad people.

How did I fix it? Someone suggested the following in another post:

1. Disable alliance indicators/health indicators (This step probably isn't necessary but I did it).
    2. Quit the game completely. (ALT-F4)
    3. Delete UserSettings.txt from the ESO live directory under My Documents.
    4. Log back into the game.
    5. Go back into your settings and re-enable health bars and alliance indicators.

This worked for me and I haven't had an issue for several days now.

I play mostly on one character so I don't switch characters often (Just in case that's a contributing factor).

My PvP guild and I have been using this fix (though we haven't been deleting the user settings)... Works fine and doesn't seem to happen again.

Though after saying that I will log on later only to find them gone again!
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
    Options
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    The UI team and combat team has been made aware of the issues.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Options
    Staff Post
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    StihlReign wrote: »
    PvP Gamebreaker

PvP is currently experiencing a game-breaking bug. Enemy icons have disappeared and desynced from enemy players.

While this doesn't stop or hamper use of your abilities, it has destroyed the immersion of the PvP experience. You cannot easily discern who is friend or foe.

I do NOT run add-ons, so this is NOT an add-on issue. This is something new. I have logged in and out repeatedly, shut down the game, cleaned registry etc. There is no fix from the user/client side that I'm aware of.

I spend 97% of the game in PvP. We need a hotfix for this ASAP.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Same thing happened to me last night. I had to exit the game and reload to get them back. It wouldn't be so bad if Thornblade didn't have a queue of 97.

Perichor wrote: »
    tbh there better be a major update WITH ALOT OF TLC for PVP soon or we should all boycott this game

period.
    Yeah but is that a serious threat?

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on March 10, 2015 8:51PM
    :trollin:
    Options
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good.

So we can expect a fix in 3 months...?
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
    Options
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me exiting game and running repair fixed the problem. Maybe it won't work for everyone but it's worth trying!
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
    Options
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This was reported on the PTS back on February 17th.

You need to understand how annoying it is (especially to PvPers) when things are reported on the TEST server, not fixed in Live and then you guys act surprised when we report them again.

Same exact thing happened with the Radiant Destruction bug. I haven't looked, but I bet that someone also reported the nirnhoned ignoring 100% spell resist.

VERY frustrating.
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
    Options
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

1. Brian your posts don't show up on the dev tracker :( is there anything Jessica or Gina can do about this? Might be why people didnt see you answering stuff as much over the last few months. Don't know if this is the same for the other devs?

2. Can you ask the UI team on an ETA? this bug is perhaps even more frustrating than the lag.

3. Also before 17th could you give us some update on the status of lag and queues in PVP. Many people are worried that with the influx of new and returning players with the B2P system servers will be even more unplayable with lag then they already are. Also queues will be massive without incentives to play on low pop servers. It would be helpful if you or someone in your team could give us some sort of weekly / fortnightly update of what you are doing to improve lag / any ideas you could have us test on PTS. As you saw from the last PTS event we broke the servers in under 5m. I'm sure people would be willing to spend 30m a week testing lag on PTS. You don't even need to have the whole dev team playing just a few on each side etc.

Note: returning players from PVP guilds want to see an improvement. Its frankly embarrassing to have to answer to them when they come back asking "how is lag / gameplay now bugs gone?"... "Well no its actually worse... but its still fun come back :<?" We have got some back into the game but its hard to keep them when people want to see improvements. B2P will be a big time to get people to come back and try it again. I hope there is something for us to say to them when they do?
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on March 10, 2015 3:00PM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
    Options
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. Brian your posts don't show up on the dev tracker :(
    I came to this thread from said tracker:
    Alliance War: Re: PvP Gamebreaking Bug - Abandon PvP till Fixed

ZOS_BrianWheeler
    1:28PM

Options
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kragorn wrote: »

1. Brian your posts don't show up on the dev tracker :(
    I came to this thread from said tracker:
    Alliance War: Re: PvP Gamebreaking Bug - Abandon PvP till Fixed

ZOS_BrianWheeler
    1:28PM

Must be a delay (perhaps it depends on the forum) or its just been added cause his post is above

"ZOS_BrianWheeler
    1:28PM"

"ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    1:56PM"
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
    Options
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Talcyndl wrote: »

You need to understand how annoying it is (especially to PvPers) when things are reported on the TEST server, not fixed in Live and then you guys act surprised when we report them again.

Same exact thing happened with the Radiant Destruction bug. I haven't looked, but I bet that someone also reported the nirnhoned ignoring 100% spell resist.

VERY frustrating.
    I know the spell resist bug was reported.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/152485/nirnhoned-weapon-has-the-old-sharpened-bug-ignore-100-of-spell-resists

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/154135/spell-resistance-revisited-apprentice-constellation-confirmed-broken
    Edited by glak on March 10, 2015 4:01PM
    Options
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fix I have used for this is to turn off healthbars option. Quit the game. Reopen game and turn on healthbars. The group icons, healthbars and alliance indicators come back for me doing this.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    Former Emperor of Haderus, Trueflame, and Azura's Star
    PC/NA
    Options
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    glak wrote: »

Figured...

So 3 of the major bugs plaguing PvP atm were ALL reported on the PTS and then not fixed before the Live release.
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
    Options
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Played for 2-3 hours, no issues.
    Lagged out and disconnected; upon relogging to my death screen, could see players all around with the appropriate indicators.
    Upon reviving my character, the indicators vanished.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
    Options
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let's also not forget that sometimes you get locked out of using potions when the cooldown is down. This was a bug from PTS which patch notes said was fixed. It's in live right now, and not at all fixed...
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
    Options
  • Randir_Lom
    Randir_Lom
    ✭✭
    We are investigating this issue now, folks, and appreciate your continued reports. If you don't mind, to help with with our investigating, please let us know:
    1. Are you using addons? Does this issue happen without addons?
    2. What server are you on?
    3. Is there a specific campaign in which you're not seeing the icons or is it happening in all campaigns?
    If anyone happens to have a video, please don't hesitate to post it here so that we can take a look! We understand the frustration and we do appreciate your patience.

1 -- Even without addons, but I use Wykkyds and a few trade and craft addons
    2-- NA
    3 -- Thornblade

Others need to relog, but for me it seems to phase in and out in the middle distances mostly.
    Could I suggest that you all start playing in Cyrodiil so you actually see what is going on?

Edited by Randir_Lom on March 11, 2015 6:01AM
    VR 14 Nightblade
    NA Thornblade TKO
    Options
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turn alliance indicators and health bars off, quit your game, relog and turn them back on. Should work as a fix, until it happens again
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

Options
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Figured...

So 3 of the major bugs plaguing PvP atm were ALL reported on the PTS and then not fixed before the Live release.

But delaying the patch for an audio bug.

R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
    Options
  • Juraigr
    Juraigr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »

Figured...

http://i.imgur.com/TERR0GF.gif
    EU Worst DK , Best DK Singapore and NA also known as 'Special Snowflake'

Jurra - V14 Dragonknight Rank 38 August Palatine
    Jurra Hex - V14 Sorcerer Rank 25 Colonel [SEMI-RETIRED until Zos fix this BS sorc nonsense]

LA DK Still OP :P

One of the Three Light Armor DK's

#200StandardOfMightFFS
    #RevertAshCloud
    #RevertNewAnimations
    #RevertUltiGain

#FixMoltenWhip

Grinding my way to August Palatine finally made it, still holding a torch for eso so now imma filthy casual
    Options
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Juraigr wrote: »

Figured...

noob1nw81.jpg

Learn how to post pictures! :tired_face:

- Meow -
    Options
  • Juraigr
    Juraigr
    ✭✭✭✭

Figured...

noob1nw81.jpg

On my phone don't hassle me soul b4 I pour water on you

Edit: totally random note http://kissanime.com/M/Anime/Dragon-Ball-Z-Movie-03-The-Tree-of-Might-Dub
    your welcome
    Edited by Juraigr on March 11, 2015 11:18AM
    EU Worst DK , Best DK Singapore and NA also known as 'Special Snowflake'

Jurra - V14 Dragonknight Rank 38 August Palatine
    Jurra Hex - V14 Sorcerer Rank 25 Colonel [SEMI-RETIRED until Zos fix this BS sorc nonsense]

LA DK Still OP :P

One of the Three Light Armor DK's

#200StandardOfMightFFS
    #RevertAshCloud
    #RevertNewAnimations
    #RevertUltiGain

#FixMoltenWhip

Grinding my way to August Palatine finally made it, still holding a torch for eso so now imma filthy casual
    Options
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Figured...

noob1nw81.jpg

On my phone don't hassle me soul b4 I pour water on you
    tumblr_mrlbgidXkO1reh3iuo3_400.gif

- Meow -
    Options
  • Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭

VERY frustrating.

This exactly. @zos stopping pushing things live when they're broke. Push the release date back until they're fixed. Devs, I'm more than happy to speak with those that are ruining this game....just leave their number here...

Options
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Jaxsun wrote: »

VERY frustrating.

This exactly. @zos stopping pushing things live when they're broke. Push the release date back until they're fixed. Devs, I'm more than happy to speak with those that are ruining this game....just leave their number here...
    Microsoft and Sony won't let ZOS release game-breaking bugs like nirnhoned ignoring spell resistance and armor. After console release, subscribers will keep ZOS busy in the PTS.
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Winnamine wrote: »
    We've been having this issue too, but we find it helps our immersion. Not being able to tell friend from enemy until they attack you adds a real life element that you just don't find in most games.

Not when the bad guys have their icons enabled...

Edit: I have had this bug twice on Thornblade NA server. Was not in any groups, just noticed that people who didn't have icons began shooting at me.

I was told to use the repair function in the launcher. It fixed the issue both times. Nothing else was necessary. Repairing took about 5 minutes.
    Edited by Joy_Division on March 11, 2015 4:36PM
    Options
  • Winnamine
    Winnamine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Winnamine wrote: »
    We've been having this issue too, but we find it helps our immersion. Not being able to tell friend from enemy until they attack you adds a real life element that you just don't find in most games.

Not when the bad guys have their icons enabled...

Edit: I have had this bug twice on Thornblade NA server. Was not in any groups, just noticed that people who didn't have icons began shooting at me.

I was told to use the repair function in the launcher. It fixed the issue both times. Nothing else was necessary. Repairing took about 5 minutes.

I hadn't thought of that... ZOS, now you need to fix this! It breaks my immersion if the enemy can see my icon.
    Did you hear that? Breaks my immersion.

Unfortunately, we run large pvp groups, and it is extremely disruptive to our raids for people to be constantly leaving to repair, especially when there is a queue to get back in.

Winni
    ~
    VE
    Decibel
    Options
  • TheLaw
    TheLaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    When they disappear, restarting won't fix the issue UNLESS I'm out of a group. This issue always occurs after an "endless load screen" as well.
    -= Shahrzad the Great |Sorc| =-
    Options
  • Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaxsun wrote: »

VERY frustrating.

Microsoft and Sony won't let ZOS release game-breaking bugs like nirnhoned ignoring spell resistance and armor. After console release, subscribers will keep ZOS busy in the PTS.

I hope you're right, because it's borked right now...
    Options