The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

AD Zone Chat on Thornblade

• WRX
    WRX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    However we worked with said guild tonight, and had lots of dude. I'm personally over it, but lets all just communicate or reply alittle better next time.
    Decibel GM

GLUB GLUB
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WRX we werent even in bleakers for two minutes much less five. We were waiting for you all to tell us where you were going to go. Once Luv said head blue side, we left. We assumed that meant support was already running.

We stacked the 15 or so of us we had on the porch and split, didnt even have enemy contact til we were almost past the Aleswell Farm area/down by the Imperial city waterline.

The failure of the run came right at the Ash lumbermill when everyone apparently broke off, because apparently people forgot theres a choke ahead of that, the milegate, and thats where the front guard of our run group got wiped out, because no one else had come up from Nikel. I know no one came from Nikel because I had died on the backline trying to slow down respawns from Aleswell and ported forward to a surprisingly empty outpost. I quite literally rode back to Ash without seeing a single other rider.

Once that happened we had no where else to go, so we got swarmed down from the south and west. West we were handling, but the road wasnt cleared south. Had just 10 or so yellows come up from Nikel, that scroll was through. As it happened, I arrived about 10 seconds before the carrier went down, having chased about a dozen blues that had just left the milegate and pounced him.
    Edited by Rylana on February 13, 2015 6:24AM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • WRX
    WRX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have to look at my recording to see the time, but that's besides the point.

Luv was making calls the same time I was saying to go through chal gate. IMO chal was much better, and the only thing reds had was Sej, I think? Doesn't matter what way you go honestly. But you have to book it if you don't have respawn.

The consensus every guild had, was get going. Lets say it was 2 minutes, thats still a long time, and the run fell flat.
    Decibel GM

GLUB GLUB
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WRX wrote: »
    However we worked with said guild tonight, and had lots of dude. I'm personally over it, but lets all just communicate or reply alittle better next time.

Lots of Dudes own Alessia.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • WRX
    WRX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »

Lots of Dudes own Alessia.

Hopefully it bugged haha!

Reds took it as I was logging unfortunately.
    Decibel GM

GLUB GLUB
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like u can't handle the banter m80
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey verbal abuse is how we show our love here in the AD family
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once a guy in heavy armor took one of the scrolls. He was running it at speed of a snail. Stopped to check the map multiple times. All got so bored they left him almost alone. The carrier told all to p**s o** and dropped the scroll. None was too happy.

There is a rule. On a busy day if you aren´t able to run fast/mistform please honour those who have builds for that. If it is a slow day I can say there aren´t many who want to run the scroll. Then any pug can do it.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kevinmon wrote: »
    Manoekin wrote: »
    If you are a random not in a group who did the work, don't touch the scroll. Simple as that.

Couldn't agree more.

The player who picked it up does this repeatedly.

The player who picked up the scroll has carried 6 scrolls this campaign, and has brought them back successfully 4 times.

The player who picked up the scroll, got the killing blow on the blue, who carried the scroll out of Arrius.

The player who picked up the scroll, was doing something for the map, while other guilds wanted to farm it.

So he's good at picking up scrolls.

I'm actually one of the people who favored going blue side with it, but the two facts are that he first didn't wait for the fight to be over (wrong. the fight was never over.) and left without a good amount of support (wrong. there was tons of support that immediately abandoned him.) and that he randomly kept stopping while running the scroll. (wrong, that was fighting against enemy players.) Once he had decided to run the scroll he should have just bolted for the nearest owned outpost/resource. (he went to the nearest owned outpost, Bleakers. you just refuse to accept that.) The only time you stop or turn around is when there's an enemy presence that is directly hindering your forward progress. (there was a huge battle against reds and blues.) He could have easily been by nikel where a large amount of AD reinforcements were coming from had he just followed those simple steps. (there were callouts in AD zone chat to be at the Ash mile gate 5 minutes prior to the scroll runner arriving there, however once arriving, no AD were to be found.)

I don't mind the guy. I just think there were some errors made in the run. I also recognize that the player in question is a troll and routinely does things that negatively impact the pvp abilities of his faction. (wrong. he regularly scouts keeps, preps keeps, and ganks reinforcements, is raid leader, and helps new players.) One instance I remember is when he places useless siege around for no reason, thus causing someone not to be able to place a meatbag inside the keep to defend against the large amount of reds that tried to back cap the keep at this time. Not that we lost the keep, but the point stands I think. (lol. placing a ram on front flag after taking a keep has never harmed anyone, you're just butthurt.)

No guilds wanted to farm it, and I would be interested in how you know for a fact he got the killing blow. (because Kill Counter addon shows Killing Blows.)

See my rebuttals in bold above.

Okay so he ran to an unconnected outpost... why? We gonna port there or something?

As for how he helps the alliance, well, I've never ever seen him call out any type of scouting duty. Even when I'm with my group I'll scout keeps and call out what's happening.

Also it's no butthurt, I'm just pointing out the fact that when EP storms the back flag and I can't get a meatbag up on them, it's kind of stupid.
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah DC zone has quite a bit of this toxicity going on as well, but in the last few months it seems to have gotten marginally better. People have to realize that the whole ego thing is a two way street. Randoms think it's ok to pick up scrolls and do whatever the *** they want because 1.) it's a game they pay for and they're going to play it however they want and 2.) they aren't used to the teamwork mentality that is so important to organized guilds. People in organized guilds then get pissed off because they expect everyone to be a team player and it's always frustrating when SOOO many people aren't.

We could all benefit from setting our egos aside. Guildless randoms: if you aren't sure about something, just ask for help. Dropping the attitude will make a HUGE difference and you'll be more likely to have some of the game's best players on your side. You have to realize how important teamwork is in this game. Organized guilds: you can still get your point across without flaming people. In fact, they will be more likely to listen to and work with you if you talk to them more matter-of-factly, "this is what you should have done and here's why... " Honestly, people know when they've screwed up. They just tend to respond to hostility with more hostility.
    Manoekin wrote: »
    What happens next is that his group will swing around to stack on top of those players and res them. What I saw at least 5 times before I went to do something else was that AD would stop attacking and literally watch them res their dead instead of taking advantage of their opportunity to actually do something.

We laugh about AD pugs in TS all the *** time. Like, I will walk into a group of random AD and just res people and NO ONE will attack me. It's ridiculous. Please help them.
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • ZOS_UlyssesW
    ZOS_UlyssesW
    ✭✭✭
    Hello folks.
    We've removed several off-topic comments from this thread. We would like to keep this thread open if the discussion can continue constructively and stay on the topic at hand. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • treborrealb14_ESO
    treborrealb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So. I think it's time to have a discussion here amongst AD players.

AD zone chat is more toxic than Chernobyl, Hiroshima, Nagasaki, and your mother in law combined.

In fact, I'd go so far to say that AD players want to hurt each other MORE than help each other. I've never seen a video game in which teammates are enemies other than ESO AD Faction.

Last night was one of thousand of occasions in which an AD player dropped a scroll, followed by GUILD LEADERS of 3 out of the 4 largest guilds FLAMING the player in zone chat.

This was after the players in the 3 guilds who helped take the scroll stopped helping THEIR FACTION after the player picked up the scroll, and instead ran off to jack off.

Guild leaders actively refuse to share ANY INFORMATION or cooperate with each other in zone chat, because of hatred of THEIR OWN FACTION MEMBERS, because of "spies", and because of their own massively inflated egos.

So, how can we fix this? Here's how.

1) Put toxic people on your ignore list, and do not remove them ever.

2) If you see enemy players at a friendly keep, immediately write in zone chat how many of them, and what wall is under attack or breached.

Right now what happens is these guilds that hate each other, go to defend a keep without sharing information because they want a bigger defense tick, and then guess what?? THE KEEP IS LOST TO MASSIVE RED ZERG BECAUSE YOU REFUSED TO SHARE ANY INFO!!

3) Always bring siege to a fight. A huge problem in AD is we run up to enemy keeps and stand around doing nothing for 30 minutes or more, because nobody buys siege.

4) THE BIGGIE. If you are one of the people flaming zone chat or ignoring all the pugs, get over yourself and grow up!

Well looks like AD has a Cluster Chuck going on But a few things that add to your (and every other factions) trouble is players jumping into PVP without doing any of the basics IE learning tactic/skill and how to work as team/and how to play the pug.
    Suggestion stop racing to level 50 then popping in on the "main" Epeen Server to pvp
    Go to boot camp on Black Water and learn to play But this isn't to point the finger at the scroll carrier should be for all so there is no Toxicity in the chat so for that its a case of look in the mirror and see where you stand in progression of yourself for PVP and if a Leader/Guild Leader the progression of your guild

It sucks you will always have this but its a teaching and learning exp. If it keeps up looks like AD Rage quite there new/old players Like Dagger did

When the day is said and done its just a pixel experience but if your taking it this serious then take the time to help/teach and build up others around you
  • Awetopsy1703
    Awetopsy1703
    ✭✭
    You guys have very little problems compared to DC take what you have and multiply it by 1000 and theres your blue leading the pack in zone chat wars , ignoring scrolls , not defending , running from the best opportunities and in the end logging off the campaign to cry in the forums
  • Roselle
    Roselle
    ✭✭✭✭
    WTB faction change option
    This one was rekt by Zenimax
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Roselle wrote: »
    WTB faction change option

When will the black alliance be created in an official format. I resident conspirator to all sides I feel this is much needed and I should be the deciding factor of who is in or out.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • sommazzatoreb14_ESO
    Every Alliance has this problem.
    EP
    Khale Justice - V14 Breton Templar (Rank 17)
    Sommozzatore - V14 Imperial Nightblade (Rank 16)
    Sommazzatore - 46 Wood Elf Sorc (Rank 6)
    Nazeem Ula'q - 35 Dark Elf DK (Rank 3)
    100 CPS
  • GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I work in construction, and here we have an expression that we like to call "concrete fever." Basically, concrete fever is the state of anxiety that seems to take hold of people the moment concrete is about to show up on site because placing the concrete correctly is time sensitive.

We call concrete fever to remind ourselves that:
    • It's unhelpful;
    • It's irrational;
    • It's natural;
    • We should try to avoid it;
    • We shouldn't hold things said under the effects of concrete fever against people.

Perhaps we should just remember that people can act like *** when under the effects of scroll fever and move on.

Sounds like lots of really good PvPers who are productive and positive influences in AD Thorn got pissed at each other in the heat of the moment. It happens. No big deal.
  • Winnamine
    Winnamine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was quite the debacle to say the least. I tried to communicate multiple times with the scroll runner and whatever group hes with, but that didn't happen at all.

Bad run, and waited 5+ minutes at an outpost. Thankfully we got it back.

Your form of communication was calling him a "Scroll Ninja" in zone chat and saying that he doesn't deserve to live.

You sir, are one of the most violent offenders of AD Toxicity, and need to search your soul.

I agree that zone chat needs to get more civil.
    Tempers run high sometimes in pvp, but we still need to be more careful.
    However.
    This particular scroll runner actually does "ninja" scrolls on the regular. You take a keep, no sign of him, then, while everyone's still fighting or standing on the flags, boom! notification that said player has picked up the elder scroll of wherever.
    Then he doesn't communicate with the group that actually did the work, runs off, often while we're still fighting, and almost invariably ends up losing the scroll.
    So yeah, he gets a lot of heat. He's not a new player, he's an experienced pvper, so he should absolutely know better than to pick up a scroll unless he's in an organized group that's there to support him.
    We plan out before we take a scroll, who will pick it up, what route we'll take, etc. All that planning goes out the window when that guy picks up the scroll and takes off with it.
    Winni
    ~
    VE
    Decibel
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭
    I for one would like to believe that its balanced out by the Soft ERP in zone chat

Suru
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    happy you got your scroll from the ep lagspam clowncar tonight, AD . <3
  • Boombox
    Boombox
    Soul Shriven
    This post wouldnt exist if someone else ran the scroll. Just saying.
  • gw2only1b14_ESO
    gw2only1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yep because all the other players are so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYws8biwOYc
  • Kevinmon
    Kevinmon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Winnamine wrote: »
    It was quite the debacle to say the least. I tried to communicate multiple times with the scroll runner and whatever group hes with, but that didn't happen at all.

Your form of communication was calling him a "Scroll Ninja" in zone chat and saying that he doesn't deserve to live.

You sir, are one of the most violent offenders of AD Toxicity, and need to search your soul.

However.
    This particular scroll runner actually does "ninja" scrolls on the regular. You take a keep, no sign of him, then, while everyone's still fighting or standing on the flags, boom! notification that said player has picked up the elder scroll of wherever.
    Then he doesn't communicate with the group that actually did the work, runs off, often while we're still fighting, and almost invariably ends up losing the scroll.
    So yeah, he gets a lot of heat. He's not a new player, he's an experienced pvper, so he should absolutely know better than to pick up a scroll unless he's in an organized group that's there to support him.
    We plan out before we take a scroll, who will pick it up, what route we'll take, etc. All that planning goes out the window when that guy picks up the scroll and takes off with it.

You are completely full of yourself. First of all, the player in question has never run a scroll by himself, when he does it it's in a TS with 2 full raids of people supporting. Just because you helped with a keep capture doesn't mean you were the only group there.

Secondly, I have personally seen this player on multiple occasions, stay up late into the night and actually run practice routes for running scrolls back across the map. So saying he doesn't plan routes is asinide.

Lastly, the scroll in question was not a ninja scroll because blue ran it out of the keep and was taken out on the open field, so calling it a ninja is idiotic, end of story.
  • Winnamine
    Winnamine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

However.

You are completely full of yourself. First of all, the player in question has never run a scroll by himself, when he does it it's in a TS with 2 full raids of people supporting. Just because you helped with a keep capture doesn't mean you were the only group there.

Secondly, I have personally seen this player on multiple occasions, stay up late into the night and actually run practice routes for running scrolls back across the map. So saying he doesn't plan routes is asinide.

Lastly, the scroll in question was not a ninja scroll because blue ran it out of the keep and was taken out on the open field, so calling it a ninja is idiotic, end of story.

If you had two full raids supporting his scroll run, then how in the world did you manage to lose the scroll? Seriously, I want to know.
    You blamed it on Ala and Deci not supporting, if you had 2 full raids, then you shouldn't have needed our support, which should have freed us to go defend Alessia.

As for him practicing scroll run routes.... that's weird... and not the point.
    I didn't say he doesn't plan, I said we plan out the run, based on our numbers and players, the current map, any scouting we have, and our communications with other guilds. That's what he messes up when he grabs it.

And when I say "ninja" I don't mean necessarily from a keep. I mean sneaky, like a ninja. Like you never see him at all, then bam, he's got the scroll. Scroll Ninja.
    Winni
    ~
    VE
    Decibel
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

However.

If such a player spends so much time preparing for scroll runs, why is he not a vampire? Vampire alone makes a larger difference in running scrolls than any level of preparation or route planning ever could.

Mist Form when combined with Rapid Maneuvers makes the scroll carrier completely immune to all stopping forces except Ice Ball Trebuchet, makes them difficult (though not impossible) to target, and increases their speed to near mount speed. Adding speed potions to the mix allows them to out-pace mounts temporarily as well.

Vampires are vastly superior to path runners, something somebody with so much preparation and support should already know.
    Edited by Tripwyr on February 14, 2015 8:31PM
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • RadioheadSh0t
    RadioheadSh0t
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are a random not in a group who did the work, don't touch the scroll. Simple as that.

Couldn't agree more.

The player who picked it up does this repeatedly.

The player who picked up the scroll has carried 6 scrolls this campaign, and has brought them back successfully 4 times.

The player who picked up the scroll, got the killing blow on the blue, who carried the scroll out of Arrius.

The player who picked up the scroll, was doing something for the map, while other guilds wanted to farm it

You have quite the imagination. This is mostly inaccurate and untrue.

He grabbed a scroll Decibel earned, once again, and no we weren't going to farm it.

If you ninja a scroll from the group that did the work, repeatedly, don't expect their help. Simple as that.

Some playersshould stick to what they're good at: laying down useless Rams for no reason.
    Edited by RadioheadSh0t on February 15, 2015 2:57AM
    Aldonius Direnni - Vet Altmer Sorc (AD)
    Tyrus Telvanni - Vet Dunmer DK (AD)
    Al Donius Bundy - Vet Imperial NB (AD)
    Aldonius Brutus - Vet Orc DK (DC)
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am starting to think elements of AD need to stop being petty children tbqh.

Everything is about oneupsmanship nowadays.

Then again, this has its roots back in Dawnbreaker, but I thought we were well over that eight month old crap.

Remember Decibel/Alacrity (whoever else), you are not the only group on the campaign you are on, and not everything belongs to you just because you have presence there. Nonwithstanding everything else said in the thread up until now, I am specifically addressing this ongoing issue with entitlement. If youd drop that, things go much smoother.

Also, I was of the impression WRX and I came to an understanding earlier in the thread, why this has continued is beyond me.
    Edited by Rylana on February 15, 2015 3:40AM
  • Kevinmon
    Kevinmon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to take everyone back to the original intent of this thread, which is to stop being toxic players in AD faction. Not only does that include Thornblade zone chat, that also includes this forum. It doesn't matter who carries a scroll, as long as it gets home. As stated earlier, the players in certain guilds decided to abandon a player in their faction because they were not in their group. This is unacceptable when everyone is on the same team. Just because you have a plan, does not mean it is the best plan.
    Edited by Kevinmon on February 15, 2015 3:46AM
  • Angavar
    Angavar
    ✭✭✭
    You need to get your story straight.

If the scroll runner had 2 full raids helping him carry, then why did they need every other guild online to help as well?

Also, you obviously believe that having said guilds would have prevented any errors or loss of the scroll, and yet you claim that their plan was inferior to yours/the carriers. So why did you need their help?
    S'irinar the Shadow - VR14 NB (AD)
    Antakh the Bold - VR6 DK (AD)
    Arkoth the Darkweaver - VR5 Sorc (AD)
  • RadioheadSh0t
    RadioheadSh0t
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to take everyone back to the original intent of this thread, which is to stop being toxic players in AD faction. Not only does that include Thornblade zone chat, that also includes this forum. It doesn't matter who carries a scroll, as long as it gets home. As stated earlier, the players in certain guilds decided to abandon a player in their faction because they were not in their group. This is unacceptable when everyone is on the same team. Just because you have a plan, does not mean it is the best plan.

You clearly don't get it, saying I doesn't matter shows that.

It DOES matter who gets the scroll. It DOES matter if you have a plan or not. It DOES matter whether or not you are with a group to execute that plan. It DOES matter if one players selfishness ruins the plan of the group who made the play for the scroll in the first place.

He was nowhere near any group other than Decibel when he picked up that scroll.

If you want things to be less toxic, admit when you're wrong and stop defending scroll ninjas.
    Aldonius Direnni - Vet Altmer Sorc (AD)
    Tyrus Telvanni - Vet Dunmer DK (AD)
    Al Donius Bundy - Vet Imperial NB (AD)
    Aldonius Brutus - Vet Orc DK (DC)