Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

AD Zone Chat on Thornblade

Kevinmon
Kevinmon
✭✭✭✭
So. I think it's time to have a discussion here amongst AD players.

AD zone chat is more toxic than Chernobyl, Hiroshima, Nagasaki, and your mother in law combined.

In fact, I'd go so far to say that AD players want to hurt each other MORE than help each other. I've never seen a video game in which teammates are enemies other than ESO AD Faction.

Last night was one of thousand of occasions in which an AD player dropped a scroll, followed by GUILD LEADERS of 3 out of the 4 largest guilds FLAMING the player in zone chat.

This was after the players in the 3 guilds who helped take the scroll stopped helping THEIR FACTION after the player picked up the scroll, and instead ran off to jack off.

Guild leaders actively refuse to share ANY INFORMATION or cooperate with each other in zone chat, because of hatred of THEIR OWN FACTION MEMBERS, because of "spies", and because of their own massively inflated egos.

So, how can we fix this? Here's how.

1) Put toxic people on your ignore list, and do not remove them ever.

2) If you see enemy players at a friendly keep, immediately write in zone chat how many of them, and what wall is under attack or breached.

Right now what happens is these guilds that hate each other, go to defend a keep without sharing information because they want a bigger defense tick, and then guess what?? THE KEEP IS LOST TO MASSIVE RED ZERG BECAUSE YOU REFUSED TO SHARE ANY INFO!!

3) Always bring siege to a fight. A huge problem in AD is we run up to enemy keeps and stand around doing nothing for 30 minutes or more, because nobody buys siege.

4) THE BIGGIE. If you are one of the people flaming zone chat or ignoring all the pugs, get over yourself and grow up!
  • Cervanteseric85ub17_ESO
    The "Said" scroll carrier in question always goes right for the scroll with no regard for what other guilds there that helped make the capture even possible in the first place. The fact that they decided to run the scroll past 2 enemy blue keeps instead of 1 enemy red keep is mind boggling. Were the guilds that helped make the capture possible consulted no ? There is coordination between the pvp guilds on TB, it just doesn't happen in zone....long live the banana hammock alliance !
    Edited by Cervanteseric85ub17_ESO on February 12, 2015 11:28PM
  • Kevinmon
    Kevinmon
    ✭✭✭✭
    The "Said" scroll carrier in question always goes right for the scroll with no regard for what other guilds there that helped make the capture even possible in the first place. The fact that they decided to run the scroll past 2 enemy blue keeps instead of 1 enemy red keep is mind boggling. Were the guilds that helped make the capture possible consulted no ? There is coordination between the pvp guilds on TB, it just doesn't happen in zone....long live the banana hammock alliance !

Do you realize that either way the scroll carrier ran, it would have been dropped no matter what? If that scroll went to another red keep, there's no way AD would have gotten it back from red lag. But instead it went to Warden, and we were able to get it 30 minutes later.

But regardless, this thread isn't about one scroll that will be lost by EP daycappers. This is about the AD mentality.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kevinmon wrote: »

Do you realize that either way the scroll carrier ran, it would have been dropped no matter what? If that scroll went to another red keep, there's no way AD would have gotten it back from red lag. But instead it went to Warden, and we were able to get it 30 minutes later.

But regardless, this thread isn't about one scroll that will be lost by EP daycappers. This is about the AD mentality.

Actually, had that person waited, it wouldn't have been dropped because the two guilds nearby could have run it successfully. Thus, all the crap in zone.

rip decibel
  • Kevinmon
    Kevinmon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »

Actually, had that person waited, it wouldn't have been dropped because the two guilds nearby could have run it successfully. Thus, all the crap in zone.

The 2 guilds nearby could have run with the scroll carrier regardless of which direction they ran, instead of being completely toxic to the community. Your point is moot.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »

The 2 guilds nearby could have run with the scroll carrier regardless of which direction they ran, instead of being completely toxic to the community. Your point is moot.

Actually, my point isn't "debatable", what I said was completely factual. Also, he left while were still fighting, so he obviously wasn't concerned with having us help.

rip decibel
  • Angavar
    Angavar
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't there for this, but if you're not running with a coordinated TS guild/group, you shouldn't be picking up scrolls. End of story.
    S'irinar the Shadow - VR14 NB (AD)
    Antakh the Bold - VR6 DK (AD)
    Arkoth the Darkweaver - VR5 Sorc (AD)
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you are a random not in a group who did the work, don't touch the scroll. Simple as that.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • RadioheadSh0t
    RadioheadSh0t
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are a random not in a group who did the work, don't touch the scroll. Simple as that.

Couldn't agree more.

The player who picked it up does this repeatedly.
    Edited by RadioheadSh0t on February 13, 2015 12:06AM
    Aldonius Direnni - Vet Altmer Sorc (AD)
    Tyrus Telvanni - Vet Dunmer DK (AD)
    Al Donius Bundy - Vet Imperial NB (AD)
    Aldonius Brutus - Vet Orc DK (DC)
  • Da Sandman
    Da Sandman
    ✭✭✭
    This..... just made my day.
    Da Sandman

Havöc
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @OP, yup.

Sounds like typical elementary school mentality where certain guilds/groups are like, "Me me me, we did it all, you are nothing" etc. Same kinds of people who seem to actually hate people who play solo or join pugs. This game is the worst I've seen for that.

I don't think it can be fixed unless those people fix their hearts.

Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • LazyLewis
    LazyLewis
    ✭✭✭✭
    People in AD need to put their Ego's aside and work together. End of.
    DC - Chunky Nurse - Chunky Ninja - Chunky Dragon - Fabulously Chunky
    AD - Chunky Nurse - Ashenn - Yorkshire Pudding
  • Karamis_Vimardon
    Karamis_Vimardon
    ✭✭✭✭
    This all feels so familiar...but it can't be! Am I empathising with bananas?
    PC NA

Karamis Vimardon, DC Templar (Magplar)
    Netara, DC Nightblade (Stamblade)
    Karamis, DC Sorc (Magicka)
    Hãderus, EP Templar (Healbot)
    Mr Twinkle-Toes, DC DK (Tank)

game
    noun: game;
    plural noun: games
    1. a form of competitive activity or sport played according to rules.
    2. an activity that one engages in for amusement.
  • WRX
    WRX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was quite the debacle to say the least. I tried to communicate multiple times with the scroll runner and whatever group hes with, but that didn't happen at all.

Bad run, and waited 5+ minutes at an outpost. Thankfully we got it back.
    Decibel GM

GLUB GLUB
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Kevinmon
    Kevinmon
    ✭✭✭✭
    WRX wrote: »
    It was quite the debacle to say the least. I tried to communicate multiple times with the scroll runner and whatever group hes with, but that didn't happen at all.

Your form of communication was calling him a "Scroll Ninja" in zone chat and saying that he doesn't deserve to live.

You sir, are one of the most violent offenders of AD Toxicity, and need to search your soul.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Should spend a week reading DC zone chat...lol
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you bananas could really benifit from the Gospel of Dee Tick. It teaches love and commiseration for those who stand united and push not upon the resource. It is a pity you ignored the warnings of Snargatron.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Greagor
    Greagor
    ✭✭✭

AD ruling cyro for months.. nobody says a thing. everybody happy.
    AD having a hard time because nobody give a damn about this campaign... Immediately we start blaming people. just relax guys.
    ok I get it about the scroll runner. He failed. He was not the only one in the history of ESO to do such a thing though. If you dont have a TS/ organised group running with you .. better not take the scroll.
    Of course there will be always some drama inside guilds etc, hate? love? but thats the beauty of an mmo. Get used to it.
    pvp guilds do nothing special and dedicated at the moment.. and this is your problem AD. We are getting upset because without organised groups we can't do much against zergs. SO .. instead of blaming that one guy who messed up once... look at the score and lets have a little bit more dedication in general.
    Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god...
  • themizario
    themizario
    ✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    Sounds like you bananas could really benifit from the Gospel of Dee Tick. It teaches love and commiseration for those who stand united and push not upon the resource. It is a pity you ignored the warnings of Snargatron.

Appropriate name I'm crying lauging so hard. good one bruh

Edit: typo
    Edited by themizario on February 13, 2015 4:22AM
  • Kevinmon
    Kevinmon
    ✭✭✭✭

Couldn't agree more.

The player who picked up the scroll has carried 6 scrolls this campaign, and has brought them back successfully 4 times.

The player who picked up the scroll, got the killing blow on the blue, who carried the scroll out of Arrius.

The player who picked up the scroll, was doing something for the map, while other guilds wanted to farm it.
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Greagor wrote: »

pvp guilds do nothing special and dedicated at the moment.. and this is your problem AD. We are getting upset because without organised groups we can't do much against zergs. SO .. instead of blaming that one guy who messed up once... look at the score and lets have a little bit more dedication in general.

This is incorrect. AD's problem is that the people not in pvp guilds do relatively nothing. Essentially what I would call them are ult gen feeders. Whereas pugs on DC and EP are somewhat adept at swarming organized groups and spreading out to prolong the fight, AD pugs are completely annihilated the very moment that just even the thought of looking in their general direction creeps into the mind of any such organized group on DC and mainly EP. Very regularly multiple guilds will make it to a keep defense to find only a few players there. Where are the pugs? No one knows the answer to that question. AD can be pop locked and 10 people will show up to defend a keep against 80. Simply put, AD pugs are incompetent. Not to be mean to any single person, but it's just the truth by an overwhelming majority.

Editing to add in this story of AD pugs... when fighting Crystalized's group at a resource every now and then a few and sometimes more than a few would die to archer/siege fire while they are running around. What happens next is that his group will swing around to stack on top of those players and res them. What I saw at least 5 times before I went to do something else was that AD would stop attacking and literally watch them res their dead instead of taking advantage of their opportunity to actually do something. I don't know if they all got scared and ran away once they were inside bow range or something... but what the hell? Step up to the plate and put some *** big boy pants on ffs.

Also, the guilds do do some coordination, and the last couple of campaigns has seen little animosity between them.
    Edited by Manoekin on February 13, 2015 4:35AM
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I knew this would come to the forums eventually. So let's lay out the real facts here.

Several guilds made a play for a scroll being ran by blue, by a certain tasty backyard treat. Almost his entire entourage was wiped out at the Chalman milegate, and he and two other guys got past. Myself and a couple of others intercepted them south of Bleakers. We didnt have time to wait for people to catch up as the scroll was laying on the ground with blues incoming back from Aleswell.

The scroll was picked up and carried into Bleakers, which was yellow at the time, and we called out we needed assistance to run it as we were pinned down. We had about 10-15 people join us inside, with the rest staying back near chalman.

One of the guilds from the milegate told us to run it blue side in zone, and we gathered up what we had on the porch of Bleakers and went for it. No one else came to assist, and we successfully managed to run it all of the way to the Ash milegate where we were ambushed with no sign of the other two guilds around. Note that at the time we had free and open transit to Nikel, so why they did not show up to assist is anyones guess. They wanted us to fail perhaps?

The other guilds in question then pulled the card "if we had done it we would have succeeded" but I havent seen either of those two guilds do anything but AP farm defense ticks at resources and convenient outposts all campaign. I am just being real about it, the last time I saw them do objectives they were calling locations out in zone but not showing up, to be found at some farm spot in a different place every time.

Quite frankly what is really happening here is certain toxic individuals are trying to stroke ego and farm AP at the expense of the faction instead of actually working with the faction. Id point out that our guild has ran nearly every scroll this campaign. Not a boast, an honest fact. Between us we have pulled back about eight or so in the last two weeks alone.

So if people want to be angry at who picked the scroll up, chances are the best team on the field to be picking it up actually did. I am sorry we failed that time, but you didnt exactly help matters by leaving us hanging either.

And I am just going to put this to bed. TKO is one of the largest and strongest organized AD guilds on Thornblade. Your ego might not be willing to admit it, but we run 24-36 deep organized in TS every other night, on offnights we have about 15. So you can stop referring to us as bad pugs, seriously. Just because people dont buttkiss us and name brand us doesnt mean squat otherwise. Nearly every time we come onto the field keeps start flipping and the map starts changing. We play the map, not the AP farm. I get it, people have beef with me personally and or other members of TKO from Dawnbreaker because of drama there. Just because you dont like me or them doesnt mean we are inherently worse or not as pro as you all, and frankly I am getting sick of it.

Half the time we do our own thing because no one wants to coordinate with us, they have this notion stuck in their head that they are somehow superior, even though they never seem to accomplish squat for all of the greatness they claim to ooze. Get over yourselves and start showing us all why youre so good.
    Edited by Rylana on February 13, 2015 4:51AM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Couldn't agree more.

The player who picked up the scroll has carried 6 scrolls this campaign, and has brought them back successfully 4 times.

The player who picked up the scroll, got the killing blow on the blue, who carried the scroll out of Arrius.

The player who picked up the scroll, was doing something for the map, while other guilds wanted to farm it.

So he's good at picking up scrolls.

I'm actually one of the people who favored going blue side with it, but the two facts are that he first didn't wait for the fight to be over and left without a good amount of support and that he randomly kept stopping while running the scroll. Once he had decided to run the scroll he should have just bolted for the nearest owned outpost/resource. The only time you stop or turn around is when there's an enemy presence that is directly hindering your forward progress. He could have easily been by nikel where a large amount of AD reinforcements were coming from had he just followed those simple steps.

I don't mind the guy. I just think there were some errors made in the run. I also recognize that the player in question is a troll and routinely does things that negatively impact the pvp abilities of his faction. One instance I remember is when he places useless siege around for no reason, thus causing someone not to be able to place a meatbag inside the keep to defend against the large amount of reds that tried to back cap the keep at this time. Not that we lost the keep, but the point stands I think.

No guilds wanted to farm it, and I would be interested in how you know for a fact he got the killing blow.
  • Kevinmon
    Kevinmon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »

Couldn't agree more.

I'm actually one of the people who favored going blue side with it, but the two facts are that he first didn't wait for the fight to be over (wrong. the fight was never over.) and left without a good amount of support (wrong. there was tons of support that immediately abandoned him.) and that he randomly kept stopping while running the scroll. (wrong, that was fighting against enemy players.) Once he had decided to run the scroll he should have just bolted for the nearest owned outpost/resource. (he went to the nearest owned outpost, Bleakers. you just refuse to accept that.) The only time you stop or turn around is when there's an enemy presence that is directly hindering your forward progress. (there was a huge battle against reds and blues.) He could have easily been by nikel where a large amount of AD reinforcements were coming from had he just followed those simple steps. (there were callouts in AD zone chat to be at the Ash mile gate 5 minutes prior to the scroll runner arriving there, however once arriving, no AD were to be found.)

I don't mind the guy. I just think there were some errors made in the run. I also recognize that the player in question is a troll and routinely does things that negatively impact the pvp abilities of his faction. (wrong. he regularly scouts keeps, preps keeps, and ganks reinforcements, is raid leader, and helps new players.) One instance I remember is when he places useless siege around for no reason, thus causing someone not to be able to place a meatbag inside the keep to defend against the large amount of reds that tried to back cap the keep at this time. Not that we lost the keep, but the point stands I think. (lol. placing a ram on front flag after taking a keep has never harmed anyone, you're just butthurt.)

No guilds wanted to farm it, and I would be interested in how you know for a fact he got the killing blow. (because Kill Counter addon shows Killing Blows.)

See my rebuttals in bold above.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Couldn't agree more.

I'm actually one of the people who favored going blue side with it, but the two facts are that he first didn't wait for the fight to be over and left without a good amount of support and that he randomly kept stopping while running the scroll. Once he had decided to run the scroll he should have just bolted for the nearest owned outpost/resource. The only time you stop or turn around is when there's an enemy presence that is directly hindering your forward progress. He could have easily been by nikel where a large amount of AD reinforcements were coming from had he just followed those simple steps.

I don't mind the guy. I just think there were some errors made in the run. I also recognize that the player in question is a troll and routinely does things that negatively impact the pvp abilities of his faction. One instance I remember is when he places useless siege around for no reason, thus causing someone not to be able to place a meatbag inside the keep to defend against the large amount of reds that tried to back cap the keep at this time. Not that we lost the keep, but the point stands I think.

No guilds wanted to farm it, and I would be interested in how you know for a fact he got the killing blow.

If we kept stopping on the map its because the entire way from Bleakers to Ash milegate we were constantly being hit by respawns from Aleswell. We handled them fine, but expected support coming out from Nikel that never arrived. We did deliver the scroll to just short of Ash milegate, why no one secured in front of us I will never know. Its not like yall didnt have time to die and release and spawn down there.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • TagaParti
    TagaParti
    ✭✭✭✭
    just roll a pact character and you will always be happy just by reading the zone chat, specially in cyro. and to have the strongest player on your side.... i couldnt describe how that feels
    :D
    Sheliza "The Unkillable"

Facebook Page for the Tournaments
    Elder Scrolls Online Tournaments
    Please search and hit Like to see future post and updates for the events
    youtube channel: tagaparti
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greagor wrote: »

This is incorrect. AD's problem is that the people not in pvp guilds do relatively nothing. Essentially what I would call them are ult gen feeders. Whereas pugs on DC and EP are somewhat adept at swarming organized groups and spreading out to prolong the fight, AD pugs are completely annihilated the very moment that just even the thought of looking in their general direction creeps into the mind of any such organized group on DC and mainly EP. Very regularly multiple guilds will make it to a keep defense to find only a few players there. Where are the pugs? No one knows the answer to that question. AD can be pop locked and 10 people will show up to defend a keep against 80. Simply put, AD pugs are incompetent. Not to be mean to any single person, but it's just the truth by an overwhelming majority.

AD pugs must be pretty rare because I can't say I've ever seen what you describe. I do see DC pugs do this all the time.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #DJCoinbestADscrollcarrierNA
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • DezIsDead
    DezIsDead
    ✭✭✭✭

Couldn't agree more.

I thought raylana said in zone he got the kb? I'm not here to get in a pissing match. But two people can't get the KB. Let's solve it and ask Aoe BBQ who got the KB. As far as running 6 scrolls this campaign, great, bravo. The other guild their was running with the scroll till our keeps started getting hit, seeing the group with the scroll was organized, and had some pug support we decided to try and save Alessia. So while your thinking the other guilds were farming we were actually moving to protect home keeps. Don't assume things, get your facts straight. Thanks <3

Just saw you say codex records KB, just a heads up that possibly the worst way to track it lol. You can be dead and your group wipes the other group, and it'll still say "you killed xxxxxx".
    Edited by DezIsDead on February 13, 2015 6:07AM
    Dez Is Dead vr16 AD Sorc
    Rez Dez vr16 DC sorc
    Aimer Cantentius VR16 DC NB AKA Needs Vigor
    Vanreimus Comeback DC DK
    Ihealedurmum VR8 AD temp
    Unonti VR crafting sloot
    Zoschasedawaymyfweinds EP Temp
  • WRX
    WRX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WRX wrote: »

Your form of communication was calling him a "Scroll Ninja" in zone chat and saying that he doesn't deserve to live.

You sir, are one of the most violent offenders of AD Toxicity, and need to search your soul.

I never said he doesnt deserve to live, I said he picked up a scroll and did nothing to get it. He's simply not an ideal scroll runner. And on top of that he sat in a outpost for 5+ minutes expecting reinforcements. Begrudgingly we escorted all you guys to Ash mill, at which point we had to leave. Assuming your raids could make it 30 more seconds.

During the entire time at bleakers I was whispering people and trying to tell the group with to scroll to just leave. Nope, sat there like a dumb dumb letting everyone get ready to to kill you.

After that people tried to call us out in zone, so I (very elegantly) said that it was a terrible scroll run, and he essentially sat there and let himself die. Assuming one of us got the scroll, we would of sprinted and mistformed and been in safe territory in under 60 seconds, seeing we had BRK.

I understand people see the map differently. But sitting at an unconnected outpost is just dumb.
    Decibel GM

GLUB GLUB