The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Update 6 Guide: Collections"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article "Update 6 Guide: Collections."

Read up on the upcoming system, dedicated to housing your mounts, vanity pets, and costumes while keeping your inventory clean.
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • FoxPT
    FoxPT
    ✭✭
    This new Collections system is awesome it gone save lots of bag/chest inventory and allow to use our pets in the spot without the need of getting the pet from the vault.

In this new system i don't see a group for trophy's like the ones we get in fishing do you guys are considering this in a new update?
    Fox
    Wizard from Mages Guild
  • heavy_artillery
    heavy_artillery
    ✭✭✭
    So in 1.6, vanity pets will not take up an inventory spot in your bags or bank? What about Trophies??
    @Bluenotebacker in-game, NA Server
  • Riinaraiith
    Riinaraiith
    ✭✭
    Yeah. What do I do with Trophies?
  • daktary2001
    daktary2001
    ✭✭✭
    I am a compulsive collector so ... new things to collect means less time to do the dishes ... Bye bye kitchen !
  • Willard
    Willard
    ✭✭✭
    Was also wondering if Trophies will be added. I was tossing most of them because they took up space and were mostly useless, but it would be nice to have them added to the collections.
  • smassareub17_ESO
    smassareub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Tons of space? My horse is not in my inventory and I do not collect "tons" of costumes or pets. What REALLY takes up space is MATS!! You need hundreds of different mats in order to craft in this game. That is the issue that needs to be resolved IMHO.
  • Ssshady
    Ssshady
    Soul Shriven
    Will items that I have already removed be also added to this thing?
  • Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I know, disguises and trophies do not go to the collections tab (yet) which is kinda sad since if you collect them like I do, those are the ones taking up most space not the mounts that are not in your inventory anyway or the 3 costumes you get on vet levels.
    "The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn
  • TikiGamer
    TikiGamer
    ✭✭
    At the moment, i have one horse fully maxxed for carrying and one horse fully maxxed for speed. In the new system ill be able to ride any horse and have both speed and carrying maxxed at the same time?
  • Sunver
    Sunver
    ✭✭✭
    Collectors Vault will be account-wide? Cos I really dont want to buy and feed another mount for my new upcoming character...
    When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
    What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
    For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
    O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!
  • TikiGamer
    TikiGamer
    ✭✭
    Trophies and disguises are the 2 main collectable classes that are not included in this patch and also both of these fill up an alt chara ter to store them. Any time line on when these will be looked at.

Also, we have the kill trophy collectables that go towards achivements, any plans to make this a more interesting interface? Maybe a psge that displays the lore you have learned on that creature type.
  • idahogeekette
    idahogeekette
    ✭✭✭
    I am curious if the mount collection is based per character, or if all mounts will be available to all characters.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tons of space? My horse is not in my inventory and I do not collect "tons" of costumes or pets. What REALLY takes up space is MATS!! You need hundreds of different mats in order to craft in this game. That is the issue that needs to be resolved IMHO.

Mats stack to 200 now.

Sunver wrote: »
    Collectors Vault will be account-wide? Cos I really dont want to buy and feed another mount for my new upcoming character...

You don't feed horses. You train individual characters.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what about ppl who already droped their costumes and pets to save space? will they have them bck ?
  • ForfiniteStories
    ForfiniteStories
    ✭✭✭
    Two of my characters have the same type of horse (Imperial Horse) and fed in the same manner. I suppose when they get transferred to the Collection department, it would be as if they merged. Will we receive compensation for all the gold we spent feeding the other horse?

Also, do vanity pets we have received after buying the Imperial edition and having pre-ordered the game and having beta tested the game, that at one point we removed from our inventory and bank to save space (thereby 'deleting' them) be added to our collection?

Also, will all costumes, present and old, be available from the Crown Shop at some point in the future? I fancied the Frostedge disguise that had the black leather boots, but lost it when it dissappeared from my inventory on two seperate occasions, and for all the times I did the Bleakrock quests after (I have many alts) I have only been getting one type of Frostedge disguise ...and it's not that one.

It's been bugging me for a long time now, as it would suit one of my characters perfectly and I am a role-player - I love my characters, and wish them to be depicted as accurately as they can be.
  • Tanis_HalfElven
    Tanis_HalfElven
    Soul Shriven

Tell me about it, my bank is full of Blacksmithing stuff and my inventory is full of Enchanting stuff, I wouldn't be able to start a new crafting skill even if I wanted to, I just don't have the room.
  • XxBaZxX
    XxBaZxX
    Soul Shriven
    Do something with our trophies!
  • YstradClud
    YstradClud
    ✭✭✭✭
    Csub wrote: »
    As far as I know, disguises and trophies do not go to the collections tab (yet) which is kinda sad since if you collect them like I do, those are the ones taking up most space not the mounts that are not in your inventory anyway or the 3 costumes you get on vet levels.

So trophies aren't included? That is what is my main issue with freeing up inventory at the moment. I am kind of bummed about that.
  • idahogeekette
    idahogeekette
    ✭✭✭
    what about MAPS? I have the collectors edition maps alone still scattered on alts just to not take up bank space. It seems like a little file cabinet would be suitable.......
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a reason why you did not include throphies (fish, dungeon trophies and collectibles) as well as disguises in the system?

These are the ones that takes up people's space. Costumes do only a little and mounts not at all. Since we know the next patch is months away, is there a possibility to update the collection system beforehand?
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trophies added to the collectables please.

Also, "trophy fish" being added would be great too.
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had my veteran costumes sitting in my mailbox for quite some time, so now I can finally wear them. So I'm glad to see the arrival of Collections.

However, I have tons of disguises clogging my inventory and the Collections system really needs to include these and trophies as well.
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• Greeniewolfub17_ESO
    I would like to jump on the bandwagon asking trophies and in-game disguises PLEASE be added to the collections. Also, I would like to see guild talbards added as well.
    Me: "Okay lets run to Alessia. Mount up and follow me!"
    Me five seconds later: "Um yeah... totally forgot about that cliff..."
  • Xupacabra
    Xupacabra
    ✭✭✭
    I have a question! In my case i had to made alts to storage those items from my main, what will happen to those items when 1.6 pop up? because i dont want my alts have this items forever and with my main caracter it will be impossible to retrive them! Right now i just need go and send those items to bank and take it with my main to have it again! With collections what will happen ?
    Chupacabra with rage @ EU server AD faction Thornblade home
  • Twilix01
    Twilix01
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to suggest a way for disguises to be implemented into the collectables UI.

First, keep the items in the game, but as quest items that are removed when you complete the quest they're associated with. Completing the quest will unlock the disguise in the UI across all of your characters.

Second, if a character is on a quest where a disguise is used, that disguise can still become "damaged" like they can now, but can still be reapplied after combat is over.

As for the trophies, those can be made the work like the skeleton polymorph does currently, where you have access to it after completing the quest that would normally give it to you. Also, trophies in the collection UI should be able to have keybinds associated to them for quick use.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what about ppl who already droped their costumes and pets to save space? will they have them bck ?
    I accidentally deleted my scuttler pet when I started playing the game. When I pull up the pts I got it back. So yes.
  • Helluin
    Helluin
    ✭✭✭
    Keeping these items stored on an alt banker, I presume it's not a problem being this tool based on account.
    Is this correct?
    "... and the blue fire of Helluin flickered in the mists above the borders of the world, in that hour the Children of the Earth awoke, the Firstborn of Ilúvatar."
  • elwimp
    elwimp
    I kind of like how horses have different 'personalities'(uses). Though I can see how people will like this update for horses I will miss the individuality of horses. The rest looks great though.
  • theredpoet
    theredpoet
    Soul Shriven
    I would like to add trophies, disguises, and treasure maps to the collections. It would definitely fit in with the category.

And I'm hoping mounts will be available account-wide instead of per character? I've been saving up for my second Gaited Horse, and I would definitely appreciate saving the coin.
  • imakescribbles
    I would also like to see trophies and disguises added to the interface. I read somewhere that they're planning on adding disguises, but I haven't seen anything about trophies. Right now one of my alts is my trophy mule.