The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Official Discussion Thread for "Update 6 Guide: Collections"

• Skalfee
    Skalfee
    To be honest I'd like a way to group a armor set together.. Even if it isn't part of a 'set'. I carry around three sets of armor, and I don't mind the space it takes up, I just want a quicker way to equip it... Is that possible? Not entirely for collections, but I think it's kinda on the same page... I think that would be a nice thing to add in general...

The masked woman will find you.
  • Kliedesys
    Kliedesys
    Only started the game less then a month ago and im stuffed with collectables (mostly trophies) so i can only imagine how many true veterans have, so why not add a trophy tab somewhere in there
  • GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be great if new pets and mounts could be "earned" in the game by completing certain tasks or achievements or by buying them with ingame gold. The phrase "for those of you who love hunting down vanity pets, costumes, and other collectibles" sounds a bit silly to me if the only way of "hunting down" new pets and mount skins is to buy them with real money.
  • Jaivenb14_ESO
    Jaivenb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Everything you guys are doing in update 6 feel so right. Please, keep up the good work!
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please, please add disguises and trophies to the Collectibles menu.
    PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 1600+
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow

***Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order***
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    What we really need is a separate inventory just for mats. Period. Full stop. If they feel especially angelic, this will be shared between all toons so that we don't have to constantly run back to the banks to swap.
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • Zandru
    Zandru
    Soul Shriven
    TikiGamer wrote: »
    At the moment, i have one horse fully maxxed for carrying and one horse fully maxxed for speed. In the new system ill be able to ride any horse and have both speed and carrying maxxed at the same time?

I also have two horses with different skills. What will happen to them?
  • unicorn1844
    At the moment, i have one horse fully maxxed for carrying and one horse fully maxxed for speed. In the new system ill be able to ride any horse and have both speed and carrying maxxed at the same time?

I too had one horse for carrying and one horse for speed. Now on the PTS my character has both of those skills and the horse is merely decoration. I am going to start a third horse and get it trained for stamina so when 1.6 goes live I will have a head start on that part of the riding skill. Plus you can train all three riding skills not just one which I find excellent. It is still one skill per day and so with all three skills it is going to take a lot longer to train up riding skills. Unless I am mistaken of course.
  • TikiGamer
    TikiGamer
    ✭✭

I too had one horse for carrying and one horse for speed. Now on the PTS my character has both of those skills and the horse is merely decoration. I am going to start a third horse and get it trained for stamina so when 1.6 goes live I will have a head start on that part of the riding skill. Plus you can train all three riding skills not just one which I find excellent. It is still one skill per day and so with all three skills it is going to take a lot longer to train up riding skills. Unless I am mistaken of course.

That's good news. now for the next part - is the riding skills separate on each character or shared across the account? ie. if I had 1 character with a max speed horse and another with a max stamina horse, will both character have max speed and stamina OR will they each see the same horse but only one has the stamina and the other has only the speed?
    Edited by TikiGamer on January 31, 2015 12:47AM
  • SIN-X
    SIN-X
    ✭✭✭
    and of course only those obtained in game not via crown shop go towards collectible achievements rights zos?
    X-SINISTER-X v14 NB
    "DEATH WAITS IN THE DARK"
  • Benefactor
    Benefactor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see disguises based upon if you completed the quest in the collections tab along with trophies that you receive from quests.
  • daw2502b16_ESO
    daw2502b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I suppose all the stuff we destroyed due to lack of inventory space is lost.
  • unicorn1844

That's good news. now for the next part - is the riding skills separate on each character or shared across the account? ie. if I had 1 character with a max speed horse and another with a max stamina horse, will both character have max speed and stamina OR will they each see the same horse but only one has the stamina and the other has only the speed?

Each character has riding skills just like each character (even if they are all the same class) may have different fighting or healing skills.

You will buy one horse and all characters can use it. Each character has their own set of skills for riding.

If you have 3 alts that have been bank mules for you and all you want is more space for them to carry stuff you may want to just train up the carrying skill but if you have three alts that are all doing different things like one is a healer for pledges, one is a tank for Cyrodil and another is a general dps for dungeons then you might want to train up not only carrying but also speed and or stamina depending on where you will be going and what you will be doing.
  • unicorn1844
    what about MAPS? I have the collectors edition maps alone still scattered on alts just to not take up bank space. It seems like a little file cabinet would be suitable.......

For heaven's sake why havent you used those maps and gotten the treasures? There is no point in just collecting the maps unless you just happen to like the sketchy pictures. The maps give you a place to go to get a treasure chest!!
  • skrejaub17_ESO
    skrejaub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    What happened to the Imperial horse? I got on the pts and it's gone!!
  • Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭
    I was getting carpal tunnel from clicking on all the 'agrees' so I'll just add mine here.

It should be pretty clear what else we want. Trophies including trophy fish, disguises, and treasure maps. Please and thank you, and thank you for giving us the collectibles system in the first place.
    "If danger doesn't find her, she'll seek it out and invite it home to dinner." ~ Prince Naemon
    "Such despair! Richer than a cheese sorbet!" ~ Sheogorath
  • MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They said that disguises are problematic due to the fact you can lose them if you start fighting in the area the disguise is tied to. What I would like to see to make it possible to add them is you pick disguise X up and complete the quest. Should you make it through the quest with your disguise intact, you should then be able to go to the fence or another merchant to "launder" it like stolen goods which turns it into a costume instead of a disguise. It seems like they could at least do that.

Disappointed the trophies aren't in this collection, maybe it's how some interact with the player? This should be fixed asap.
    "It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skalfee wrote: »
    To be honest I'd like a way to group a armor set together.. Even if it isn't part of a 'set'. I carry around three sets of armor, and I don't mind the space it takes up, I just want a quicker way to equip it... Is that possible? Not entirely for collections, but I think it's kinda on the same page... I think that would be a nice thing to add in general...

If you don't mind using AddOns, "Wykkyd's Outfitter" lets you do that.

• Khyras
    Khyras
    ✭✭✭
    Stealing from GW2
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We know they have already stated the UI is new and just the beginning, but I fear that the expansion of the inventory system is months away, so I hope we can push it forward, because the problem is imminent.
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trophies and disguises, please.

Oh, and it would be nice if the guide about Collection inventory showed a screenshot of said inventory. I know promoting chef costume is of the utmost importance right now, but y'know, it's still a guide.
    Edited by Rosveen on February 1, 2015 10:12AM
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Khyras wrote: »
    Stealing from GW2

SWTOR has the same for vanity pets and mounts. It is not stealing. It is getting an idea how to do it right. Better the use a good existing idea then to come up with a crappy one.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Qyenn
    Qyenn
    Soul Shriven
    I would very much like to see 2 type of costume slots. one for regular costumes as it is now, and one for a guild tabard. That way you can wear the tabard on a skeleton or vet costume, or quest type of disguise.
    Edited by Qyenn on February 1, 2015 3:23PM
  • Drawberry
    Drawberry
    Soul Shriven
    With the addition of armor dyes, it's a little frustrating to dig through all of the different achievement tabs to check and see if you received a new one.

I was wondering if there any plans to add or reorganize the achievement window? Such as adding a 'Dyes' tab to the achievements window?
    It would really help keep track of them :3!

Maybe include an on-screen announcement when you unlock one?
    For example;

If you get the Aldmeri Master Explorer notice on-screen it could be followed up by something very simple like:
    *color swatch icon* Ayleid Gold dye unlocked

• Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a good start, I like it.

And I will echo what many others have said; adding trophy and disguise capacity in future will make the system even more robust and useful.

As a somewhat of an aside:
    In the future I would dearly love to see some sort of 'wardrobe' function added, as well as cosmetic slots, so we can store arms and armour templates we've found in the world for future appearance use to be dyed. I guess, now I think of it, in a way what i'm describing is a lot like the Guild Wars 2 PvP wardrobe system.
    Edited by Rev Rielle on February 2, 2015 1:05AM
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • CMz
    CMz
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunate that the only items which store in the collections tab are the items you sell us - not the items we collect from completing in-game quests like trophies and disguises. It likely made sense on the Crown Store whiteboard but looks far too self-serving and does nothing to address the ongoing requests for a separate collection system for the things we actually collect.
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happens for those like me with very valuable bank space...that deleted their pets and trophys? Do I get them all back now?
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • robertgraberub17_ESO
    robertgraberub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Drawberry wrote: »
    With the addition of armor dyes, it's a little frustrating to dig through all of the different achievement tabs to check and see if you received a new one.

I was wondering if there any plans to add or reorganize the achievement window? Such as adding a 'Dyes' tab to the achievements window?
    It would really help keep track of them :3!

Maybe include an on-screen announcement when you unlock one?
    For example;

If you get the Aldmeri Master Explorer notice on-screen it could be followed up by something very simple like:
    *color swatch icon* Ayleid Gold dye unlocked

How about going to a dye station... You can see every dye you've earned from achievements. Just sayin.
  • robertgraberub17_ESO
    robertgraberub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    CMz wrote: »
    Unfortunate that the only items which store in the collections tab are the items you sell us - not the items we collect from completing in-game quests like trophies and disguises. It likely made sense on the Crown Store whiteboard but looks far too self-serving and does nothing to address the ongoing requests for a separate collection system for the things we actually collect.

Totally concur CMz!
  • princessdawn982b14a_ESO
    people need to calm down. It is said that this is only the first step in the collection feature. They will be adding more to it later on. Keep up the good work eso!