The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

2nd Account Questions

phtony06b14_ESO
phtony06b14_ESO
✭✭✭
Hi,

I bought a 2nd ESO game & installed it on my laptop. I realize I have to set up a 2nd account but I have a couple questions.

1. Can I use the same credit card for both accounts?
2. Can I log onto the 2nd account on my desktop & the 1st on my laptop without extra effort or will I get the account lock/reset mechanism because I'm using a different computer?

Thanks in advance for your help.
  • ZOS_AmeliaR
    ZOS_AmeliaR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there!
    1. Yes, you can use the same credit card to pay for both accounts.
    2. Yes, you are able to login on one account on one computer and the second account on another computer. The only reason you would be forced out of one account would be if you attempted to login to the same account on two computers.

Hope this helps clarify!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • phtony06b14_ESO
    phtony06b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hey there!
    1. Yes, you can use the same credit card to pay for both accounts.
    2. Yes, you are able to login on one account on one computer and the second account on another computer. The only reason you would be forced out of one account would be if you attempted to login to the same account on two computers.

Hope this helps clarify!

Very cool,
    Thanks Amelia!

Edit: Oops 1 more question: Does it matter which computer I create the 2nd account on?

Edited by phtony06b14_ESO on January 29, 2015 9:24PM
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it doesn't matter, the accounts can be created anywhere, same PC or otherwise, the accounts are in no way connected to a specific PC.

The two PCs only come into it when you want to actually log both accounts in at the same time: you can freely log each account into any PC where the game is installed.
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on January 29, 2015 10:00PM
  • phtony06b14_ESO
    phtony06b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No it doesn't matter, the accounts can be created anywhere, same PC or otherwise, the accounts are in no way connected to a specific PC.

The two PCs only come into it when you want to actually log both accounts in at the same time: you can freely log each account into any PC where the game is installed.

Great thank you.