Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Live's Next Episode: 1/30"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for "ESO Live's Next Episode: 1/30."

Don't miss our next episode, where we'll chat with Lead Gameplay Designer Chris Strasz! A full rundown of this week's episode is included in the article.
Edited by ZOS_JasonLeavey on January 29, 2015 8:42PM
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • lumithelock
    lumithelock
    ✭✭
    sadly i work again so i will be watching after hope it is a good show :smiley:
  • Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    When are you going to release 1.6 on the PTS!!!!

haha

Back in a sec with a profound question, I swear!

QUESTION: Can we get a tab in our inventory for "stolen" items?

Thread from @Terminus http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/148981/inventory-management-stolen-tab-toggle#latest

Edited by Stonesthrow on January 29, 2015 9:47PM
  • xherics
    xherics
    ✭✭✭
    Questions to be answered:

Why did you nerf out the SORC from Tamriel to Oblivion? It is already the weaker class of all, even templar can do more DPS than SORC and you now just took also the proper self-heal skill.

Why did you want us to play PETs only on SORC? Why not other way to do at least comparable DPS to other classes?

Please change the Surge like this:

- Surge: Spell and Weapon Buff

- Power surge: Crits heal for 65% + Weapon buff - without cooldown of healing and AoE cap on 3-6 mobs for healing

- Spell surge: Crits heal for 65% + Spell buff - without cooldown of healing and AoE cap on 3-6 mobs for healing
    Guild: HODOR - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Char: Leliana fxn (Sorc) and Nuria fxn (DK)
    World first Sanctum Ophidia Time trial achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.7)
    World second Sanctum Ophidia Hard Mode achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.8)
    Pre-nerf Dragonstar Arena Hard Mode Conqueror with my Sorcerer

"Sorcerer is for me a definition of the highest level of magician, what does not mean pets, but pure magic, pure spells.
    Pure magic from the heart, through the blood, to the last hairbreadth...
    Sorcerer means the highest magic killer with pure magic, not the weakest grandmamma's pet farm."

11.02.2015 - Magicka Sorcerer RIP - What? Sorcerer and not using spells/magicka?
    19.02.2015 - Sorcerers, we have a new hope!
  • KaneBunce
    KaneBunce
    Why is Imperial Horse no longer available at the stables?
    "A contradiction cannot exist in reality. Not in part, nor in whole." - Wizard's 9th Rule.
  • clementvw
    clementvw
    Question about mounts:
    Maximum levels per stat. of a mount = 50 for each of the 3 stats.

If i have (more then) 3 characters that have the same stat. leveled up to 20,
    meaning i have 3 x 20 = 60 levels,
    does that mean i am done upgrading that stat (or rather, have i wasted 10 levels?),
    or does 1 character have to upgrade all 50 levels by himself?

Cheers
    EU: VR 4 Orc DK; VR 2 Nord Templar; 150 levels on others
    NA: VR 1 Orc NB; VR 1 Templar; 6 mules.
  • MattD86ub17_ESO
    MattD86ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    dark deal for sorcerer now says in pts that it heals hp and stam at cost to magicka. live it heals hp and mp at cost to stamina and you could move while channeling. why the change or is it a typo in the pts?
    if changed, can dark conversion, which heals hp and mp, but with less stamina cost, can u add the movement to that please?
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it intended for critical values to be nerfed as hard as they are on PTS?

Is it intended that we must grind out 100's of Champion points to be as effective as we are on live?
  • Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feeling cautiously optimistic about 1.6, however...

Can we please use the fancy new inventory tab for disguises?? They take up so much room, and having a section for 'costumes only' feel totally useless. The same goes for PvE trophies. Please allow us to use the new inventory system for those as well. It makes sense, yeah?

I guess my question would be: Do you foresee the expansion of the new inventory system and, if so, do you think we'll see changes before March 17th?
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    why such drastic armor changes (dont get me wrong i like them) buy why and will we see the same love going towards some other slightly graphically behind armors, daedric heavy and medium, texture touch ups on barbaric and maybe make the heavy armor actually heavy and not a bulky leather jack?
  • Djeriko
    Djeriko
    ✭✭✭
    Have you given thought to a system that lets us change a racial style of a dropped or acquired loot item? Just like the imperial edition can convert any crafted style to imperial style. It would be nice to see a table created that we can go to that will change any dropped or looted armor or weapon to a favorite style I run with. And you can even add rules onto the table that says you must spend X amount of style or crafting material to change styles. This way I don't sacrifice looking the way I want to look in an MMO for functionality. Why not have both?
    "When in doubt, kill it with fire."
  • Aldmera
    Aldmera
    ✭✭
    Have you thought about adding Shields to the dye station?
  • Kevinmon
    Kevinmon
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's the latest news about Imperial City development?
  • lumithelock
    lumithelock
    ✭✭
    my question is will we ever be abel to have leader assist for groups one of the most things annoying things is trying to run a pvp group but having to stop and invite people that are looking for a group. plus i suck at typing it is a convenience thing that whould be nice :)
  • jwboudreau1b16_ESO
    jwboudreau1b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The Justice System is awesome, but attacking and killing someone while they're alone generates a ton of bounty and then guards immediately come after you when spotted.

Is there a plan to change this bounty behaviour? For example, removing the bounty if the NPC is killed in private or unseen.
  • Vayorika
    Vayorika
    Soul Shriven
    Question about pets.

You are plannig to add new pets into the Crown store. What about to add the possibility to name pets? I think it would make the game more cozy.

Sorry for my English(
  • Micanet
    Micanet
    ✭✭
    Hi, I must admit that I am glad that we are finally getting 1.6 with the third phase of champion points.

So now comes my questions for tonights show, are you seriously not gonna give us 1.7 with the final phase of champions points untill after the console sales settles down ?

Aint we gonna get any new areas, dungeons, trials, arenas, duel competions anything that gives us something new to play untill after september 2015 ?

Oh another question, Matt promised us a unique riding thing when we hit our 12 month subscrition and he said, that will be the only time ever that you will provide something that is better than anything we could either craft or buy, sounds fine with me, but leaves me a new question, is the 12 month subscription present going to be the last one, or will there still be loyalty rewards for 15, 18, 21 month and so on ?
  • GoodOrc
    GoodOrc
    ✭✭
    Can you announce what rank of Alliece war skill rank you need to get new skills? I heard that its 10, is it truth can you reconcider it doing 7-8 at least! not ewery one loves PvP, but new skills is great (Guard and stamina heal will be great in PvP)
    Edited by GoodOrc on January 30, 2015 4:51PM
  • ItsRejectz
    ItsRejectz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the pts forums every class has a 1.6 discussion. The sorcerer discussion has more comments than all 3 other class discussions combined and most are negative. This must show that the community is extremely unhappy about the position the sorcerer is in, are you going to address this?
    Xbox EU - GT: o69 Woody 69o

VR16 Sorc: Vlad V Impaler
    VR16 Sorc: Yes it's Woody
    VR16 NB: Prince of Wallachia
    VR16 Templar: Sir Lancelot the Brave
    VR16 DK: I'm Better Than You

• Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why does 1.6 seem to force Sorcerers into Pets/Magicka builds? None of our skill received a stamina morph besides Dark Exchange, which isn't a damage skill and isn't used by most players.

Sorcerers have no reliable self heal, no stamina morphs, basically making Stamina builds (DW, 2Hand, etc.) silly for end-game pve content. You use no Sorcerer skills in those builds--so why not use a DK or Temp?
    Edited by Kilandros on January 30, 2015 7:36PM
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Aldmera
    Aldmera
    ✭✭
    Crafting Question

I noticed while on the PTS server that I had a hireling mail (still unopened until I logged onto the PTS server) containing an ingredient mat for provisioning that is no longer used in the recipes. Is this just because it was mail created before update 1.6 hit PTS, or will provisioning Hirelings possibly be sending us Junk items?

Collections System Question

Is there any thought to adding the Disguises to the Collections as part of the Costume tab or as its own section? My characters have held onto a bunch of the disguises thinking they were going to be a part of the collections system and I would love for them to be considered for this so any of my characters could easily access them (and not be taking space in my inventory as well, to be honest).

Justice System Questions

1. Why do I pay the same amount of bounty to the fence as I would to a guard? Shouldn't a perk of paying a fence to get rid of your bounty be that it is less expensive than the full bounty a guard would charge you if you were caught?

2. When you have a bounty on your head in the Character UI it shows the amount of bounty, but where can you look in the UI to see how badly a guard will react to you if they saw you?

• angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Question: What was the reasoning behind not scaling all stats/sets/enchants up by the same ratio in the new number system(PTS)? I'm very excited about champion points, but now feel I have to use them in order to get anywhere near the health etc that I had in update 5. I thought ZOS was trying to get away from everyone stacking health, but nerfing health only means more people will stack it, since you can't do anything when you are dead.

The champion system does feel like progression, I just don't think you need to wipe some of our previous progession in order to get that effect.

(*Note: I can understand some of the changes regarding crit due to the change in impenetrable&AOE)
    Edited by angelyn on January 30, 2015 8:46PM
  • GOREKIN
    GOREKIN
    ✭✭
    Question: How long does it take to get rid of high 20k+ bounty?
  • GOREKIN
    GOREKIN
    ✭✭
    Will we have Bounty quests

A good example you give a quest to rob a certain npc in a certain town.
    Edited by GOREKIN on January 30, 2015 9:03PM
  • ItsRejectz
    ItsRejectz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »
    Why does 1.6 seem to force Sorcerers into Pets/Magicka builds? None of our skill received a stamina morph besides Dark Exchange, which isn't a damage skill and isn't used by most players.

Sorcerers have no reliable self heal, no stamina morphs, basically making Stamina builds (DW, 2Hand, etc.) silly for end-game pve content. You use no Sorcerer skills in those builds--so why not use a DK or Temp?

Devs, please acknowledge this
    Xbox EU - GT: o69 Woody 69o

VR16 Sorc: Vlad V Impaler
    VR16 Sorc: Yes it's Woody
    VR16 NB: Prince of Wallachia
    VR16 Templar: Sir Lancelot the Brave
    VR16 DK: I'm Better Than You

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the Champion system meant to be even more grindy than the VR levels?
  • Greeniewolfub17_ESO
    Please answer if one optional sub will cover all platforms or not!
    Me: "Okay lets run to Alessia. Mount up and follow me!"
    Me five seconds later: "Um yeah... totally forgot about that cliff..."
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When will VR levels be removed?
  • Costismaros
    Costismaros
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any general problem for todays live ?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what did Kai name his Khajiit for ESO Live?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is such a big nerf hiding in those x10 stat numbers?