The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

CP notes. how many pages now?

• ArconSeptim
    ArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭✭
    btw Gina that word digest so beautiful :D our cook Gina makes us some fine food of pages :D
  •  pvpaddict42
    pvpaddict42
    ✭✭✭
    Chufu wrote: »
    We're up to 63 pages. :dizzy_face:

l heard that you reach more than 22.000 words...?

What the hell...I think I have to take 2 days for reading all :smiley:

Yep! It's over 22,000 words. We'll definitely be posting this in chunks so it's easier to digest (and scroll).

Why not start posting those chunks now? I realize that you folks may not be ready to push it to the test server right now, but why not start posting the information you do have? Everyone understands that what's in the patch notes and the builds on the test server are subject to change, so it's not like if you need to revise things anyone will be surprised. At least this way, you give us (the customers and players) more time to review things and discuss possibilities while you all finish getting the build ready.
  • Plantagenet
    Plantagenet
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to need that translated into both Piratical and Olde English, in order to feel properly considered by the company and to feel represented.
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep! It's over 22,000 words. We'll definitely be posting this in chunks so it's easier to digest (and scroll).
    In all seriousness @ZOS_GinaBruno, don't you think that figure indicates this system is completely and totally over-convoluted and likely to collapse under its own weight if it's going to take you that and more to explain what, after all, is only a character progression system without increasing levels?
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on January 15, 2015 7:22PM
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To hell with the book version of the patch notes... I'm waiting for the movie adaptation!
    pdAvdEJ.jpg
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • dc1509
    dc1509
    ✭✭
    To hell with the book version of the patch notes... I'm waiting for the movie adaptation!

In batches they say... so it sounds more like a TV series, every Mon and Fri :wink:
    truth is born in disputes
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dc1509 wrote: »

In batches they say... so it sounds more like a TV series, every Mon and Fri :wink:

Given the size of the notes... more like a huge film trilogy...

My god they're going to turn it into an Epic lord of the rings style film! :p
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the Patch Notes illustrated as well?
    PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 1600+
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow

***Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order***
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
  • dc1509
    dc1509
    ✭✭
    Are the Patch Notes illustrated as well?

Sure thing ! A comix book is a great start.

The greatest hero of all times (named ZOS, apparently) comes to save the universe (TESO).

hm...
    Edited by dc1509 on January 15, 2015 8:29PM
    truth is born in disputes
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In all seriousness @ZOS_GinaBruno, don't you think that figure indicates this system is completely and totally over-convoluted and likely to collapse under its own weight if it's going to take you that and more to explain what, after all, is only a character progression system without increasing levels?

Update 6 also includes:

- Phase 1 of the Justice System
    - Provisioning Overhaul
    - Changes to a number of skills
    - Changes to ultimate generation
    - Stuff I forgot about

It's not all about the Champion System, you know?
    The Moot Councillor
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Illuminati comes up in me

the reason they make so many pages, is to hide the nerfs/fixes they know we dont like on page 55ish, so we will never read them :)
  • DaniAngione
    DaniAngione
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You better do it!

Or else... I'll become an elder scrolling.

Awwwwww yeah.

• rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    Can we get an audiobook?

Narrated by the guy who did the unboxing of the Imperial Edition?
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gina be typing
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    kijima wrote: »
    Gina be typing
    All work and no play make Gina something something...
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • WolfingHour
    WolfingHour
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dat patch notes grind though.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about a taster sampler appeteaser of those savory patch notes? Just 1 more little morsel to satiate the ravenous hunger pains.

picdump-19_zps245d3a6f.jpg
    Edited by Armitas on January 15, 2015 11:12PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Salmonleap
    Salmonleap
    ✭✭✭
    [Large crash -- as if someone just hacked through a door with an axe]

@ZOS_GinaBruno: "Here's Gina!"

[Fade to red]

(You just had to go all The Shining on us didn't you?)
    Edited by Salmonleap on January 16, 2015 12:11AM
    Beware he who would deny you access to information for in his heart he dreams himself your master. -- Pravin Lal
  •  pvpaddict42
    pvpaddict42
    ✭✭✭
    Just post the patch notes now so we can start reading and have an idea of what's coming. At the very least you can post the sections of the patch notes that you know will be going in with the first 1.6 build on the test server. I don't really see why the build has to be on the test server before the notes can go up.
  • GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭

That's what you get when you hire George RR Martin do you your documentation.

• kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kijima wrote: »
    Gina be typing
    All work and no play make Gina something something...

Gina, you have no idea how hot you become when you give us a teaser about upcoming patches.

Creepy but true :wink:
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps

• Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    At the moment, where the game stands now, not much has changed for me. I speak from a pure pvp-perspective since I stopped PvE'ng because Craglorn came too fast imo; the game is developing too fast and into too many directions, as the back-and-forth VR, as the new CP stuff coming, which and I can smell it, will create far more balance issues as we all can imagine. Second, in such an super fast evolving game, I do not trust (!) and trust is important for me.
    In PvP we still have not-clickable doors, porters, not working skills, stun-lock by stealthers (full stamina, no break-free possible).. et cetera. This problems became less after the last patch but they're ALL (!) still there, also the ever-lasting loading screen. Therefore, nothing really changed for me. I go on playing given the lack of real RvR games, even though Cyrondil is a dead cemetry imo, they should fill it with much more "creatures", not just a new PvE&PvP inner zone: we need "action" in all parts of Cyrondil, dangerous mobs, very rare drops to farm, etc. Not just easy-pve stuff. This, just one of hundred ideas.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on Gina, I'm on baited breath and all eyes just waiting for a tasty morsel about the next patch notes...

too-much-coffee-3.jpg

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps

• firstdecan
    firstdecan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why not start posting those chunks now? I realize that you folks may not be ready to push it to the test server right now, but why not start posting the information you do have? Everyone understands that what's in the patch notes and the builds on the test server are subject to change, so it's not like if you need to revise things anyone will be surprised. At least this way, you give us (the customers and players) more time to review things and discuss possibilities while you all finish getting the build ready.

I know you mean well, but I have to disagree with the point I bolded. If they post anything, there is an OCD segment of the community that will whine incessantly about what Zeni promised and how they're breaking their promises. It's better to keep it close to their chest and release the patch notes simultaneously with the software.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's what you get when you hire George RR Martin do you your documentation.

Which means all your favorite NPCs will get killed in a bloody fashion...
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭
    It'll be march before this patch hits live
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

FIX IT ALL.

NO MORE UNBALANCED AND/OR USELESS ABITLITES

FIX. IT ALL.

URAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • b92303008rwb17_ESO
    b92303008rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Give us something NOW please, even if it's only 6.3 pages. This boredness is killing me!
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    How about a taster sampler appeteaser of those savory patch notes? Just 1 more little morsel to satiate the ravenous hunger pains.

picdump-19_zps245d3a6f.jpg

Gina, you can't resist the kittens :(
    Imagine, that not sharing patchnotes with us, is like leaving this poor cat outside in the cold rain. Do you want to eb responsible for that ? :(
    Edited by Dracane on January 16, 2015 4:49AM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • KiriX
    KiriX
    ✭✭✭
    It's amazing. But when we will see at least 1 page from all? =)
    Edited by KiriX on January 16, 2015 5:54AM
    PC EU