Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

HELP! I just downloaded ESO on my brand new PC and can't play!

SRIBES
SRIBES
✭✭✭✭✭
I just built a new PC and bought a new router shortly after christmas and installed ESO on my new computer at about 9:00 PM last night and played till 12:30ish with no problems until I randomly was dropped from the server and I logged back in and was experiencing tons of latency and wasn't able to interact or use certain abilities (I was just grinding one of my DC chars so I wouldn't see why there would be lag). I attempted to log on this morning and recieved error 108, error 200, and error 201. I kept trying to log in and eventaully logged on but had the same issues I had when I went to bed last night. I went AFK to go grab a drink since I had just woken up (was afk for about 2-3 minutes) and came back and I was at the log in screen and it said a problem occurred. I logged in again and had extreme latency issues again. I was curious if it was a problem on my end so I restarted my router and PC. I came back to the game and logged in and received error 200, 108, and then 201 after trying to log in three times. The fourth time I tried I got in and STILL had latency issues. I logged out and logged into my other characters to see if there was still latency there and there was. I went to try it on my mac that I played ESO on before and it worked fine. I had heard from one source that anyone that downloaded ESO in the past 24 hours was having problems logging and playing. I played other games on my PC today that ran just fine with no latency. I contacted customer support five hours ago and still have not received a phone call. Please help!
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Paragraphs :s

The errors seem to indicate an issue with your firewall. Did you set it up for ESO properly?

[info on the error codes]
    Wololo.
  • C3N50R3D
    C3N50R3D
    ✭✭✭
    Was your Mac plugged into the same router? If yes then bring up control panel-> windows firewall and delete ESO.exe and the launcher exe from the firewall rules. Restart the launcher and game and select allow through firewall when Windows prompts you. If no then plug your Mac into the router and check if you get the same issues. If yes you may have to poke some holes in your router firewall for specific ESO ports.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who is your internet provider?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • C3N50R3D
    C3N50R3D
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a known problem with some ISPs?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    C3N50R3D wrote: »
    Is there a known problem with some ISPs?

Is there a known problem with some ISPs? I would not say that certain ISPs have problems as much as I would say that certain ISP have fewer problems.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • blaforest666ub17_ESO
    blaforest666ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Having the same issue. Long time sub here, but just recently came back after a month hiatus and patched, so maybe I fall into the category of new player experiencing a problem. Still waiting on a ZOS response. Also note, that I re-installed, probably making it worse, because now I fall into the download within 24 hours category too. Checking my router ports now, though no other online game is giving me problems at the moment.
    Edited by blaforest666ub17_ESO on December 29, 2014 11:04PM
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Hello @ChannelTribes‌ ! We see that you have submitted a support request and our agent has reached out to you. @blaforest666ub17_ESO‌ we do see that you have submitted a support request as well, and one of our agents should be reaching out to you soon! Thank you for your patience as we handle very high volumes of requests due to the holiday season.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Dyne
    Dyne
    ✭✭
    why is this such a big problem for your guys?
    141230-001693

this should be a thing of the past right?