Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Elder Scrolls Crashing

WhitePawPrints
WhitePawPrints
✭✭✭✭✭
I unsubscribed back in May and returned this week to try out the new things in the game, but I have been left incredibly disappointed, and infuriated!

First, five months ago when I played it, I had constant issues with the Internet on my Mac with the game. Never had an issue with my Internet since I stopped playing the game, but all of a sudden now that I am back, the game crashes, the client crashes, my Internet crashes; following the exact same pattern as it did back in April and May. The game has been somehow messing with my WiFi Modem. Now, I can only get internet through ethernet cable connection.

I have heard the responses from the support team before and know what to expect, but I can ensure you that this is not an issue with my computer. It is likely an issue with the Elder Scrolls Online server connection with my specific computers because all other video games work solidly on my computer.

Second issue, I started playing the game this morning and noticed that my audio quickly bugged out. Half of the sounds were not responding when I'd cast a spell, whistle for my horse, use an attack or receive an attack. Then I went to my menu to have the sound of the Inventory endlessly loops, even after I logged out and back in. I closed the program and reboot the whole thing which worked and managed to fix the issue. After a few hours, the audio started to get better, but then I go to a crafting table, craft a few enchantments, then randomly on the last one, it freezes and crashes my game. It crashes the log in screen, it crashes the client, and crashes my IP Address for my Internet (refer to the first issue).

I close down the program, and the launcher then restart my computer several times but Elder Scrolls Online opened itself repeatedly. I uninstalled the game and the client finally stayed permanently closed.

Again, I am aware that the responses from the teams back in April and May have been primarily to blame the client but considering my experience with several other games, I know this is exclusive to Zenimax. Please do not respond with it being a client issue and ignore it.
Edited by WhitePawPrints on October 30, 2014 7:53PM
We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • jluceyub17_ESO
    jluceyub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on a Mac, haven't had any of the issues you're talking about. Care to post your specs or are you not looking for help?
  • Gix
    Gix
    ✭✭✭✭
    This belongs in the Mac Technical Support section... or garbage section. Is there a garbage section?

None of your symptoms describe what the ESO client is capable of doing.

Any audio issue is probably caused by ESO trying (in a normal fashion) to get access to the drivers that some other crap is taking over. You should get that looked into. No, stuff like Skype, Ventrilo and Teamspeak don't monopolize audio drivers.

Either that or you got a really messed up computer. What model is it? I got this game running smoothly on different Mac models.

P.S. - There's this feature in Mac OS that relaunches Applications (that weren't closed before reboot or shutdown) in their previous state when you boot.

You can also make your firewall to allow ESO and that'll fix really big delays that can occur... this is a PC and Mac fix.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @WhitePawPrints,

We certainly understand your frustration with the issues that you're experiencing, and we'll be happy to assist you in any way that we can. First, we have moved this topic to the Mac tech support board as it is more relevant to the issue that you're experiencing.

To start, we are aware of the audio issues that you are experiencing and we are working towards a resolution. A patch was released to address this issue when entering Cyrodiil, but we're continuing to work on the problem to eradicate it completely. For now, this can be resolved by entering a changing zones, or otherwise prompting a loading screen for the game.

For the de-sync issues and the issues you're experiencing with your Wi-Fi connection, we have opened a customer support ticket for you. They will be able to gather and analyze the information necessary to improving your experience with ESO.

We understand that you are frustrated, but our primary interest is assisting you with your problem. We ask that submitted feedback and issues are done in a constructive manner so we can continue to make improvements and better assist you.

If there's any other way we can assist you, be it feedback or any other bugs, please let us know and we'll be happy to continue helping you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    Hey there @WhitePawPrints,

We certainly understand your frustration with the issues that you're experiencing, and we'll be happy to assist you in any way that we can. First, we have moved this topic to the Mac tech support board as it is more relevant to the issue that you're experiencing.

To start, we are aware of the audio issues that you are experiencing and we are working towards a resolution. A patch was released to address this issue when entering Cyrodiil, but we're continuing to work on the problem to eradicate it completely. For now, this can be resolved by entering a changing zones, or otherwise prompting a loading screen for the game.

For the de-sync issues and the issues you're experiencing with your Wi-Fi connection, we have opened a customer support ticket for you. They will be able to gather and analyze the information necessary to improving your experience with ESO.

We understand that you are frustrated, but our primary interest is assisting you with your problem. We ask that submitted feedback and issues are done in a constructive manner so we can continue to make improvements and better assist you.

If there's any other way we can assist you, be it feedback or any other bugs, please let us know and we'll be happy to continue helping you.

Edited to be "constructive" without offending anyone.

Though as you clearly have seen, offense is not a concern for most people on this forum.

With a technical support ticket sent, please close this thread, immediately.
  • Aranweh
    Aranweh
    Cyrodill is just unplayble on mac clients and since the release...
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aranweh wrote: »
    Cyrodill is just unplayble on mac clients and since the release...

It wasn't Cyrodil. It was Grahtwood.

There's no way I'd play Cyrodil on my Mac. That's asking for trouble.
  • Aranweh
    Aranweh
    Is that normal?
    A game with a native mac client unplayable in rvr?
    Don't think so….
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @WhitePawPrints‌,

what are your Mac's specs? You can copy/paste them from Apple Menu > About this Mac. Make sure you delete the serial number before posting.

It's virtually impossible that the game can influence your WiFi router in any way, but ESO certainly will suffer from a bad WiFi connection. A strong WiFi signal from your router means nothing, because WiFi is a shared medium. If you are in an urban environment (and even if you aren't), there can be dozens of other WiFi networks on the same or neighboring channels as you are, all of which can interfere with your transmission. And these are only those networks that don't hide their SSIDs. You could get a free WiFi scanner like iStumbler, take a survey of your surrounding WiFi networks, and see how many others of them are on or near the channel you're using. It will also tell you about your own WiFi's signal quality (signal-to-noise ratio, or S/N). If it's low, you may be suffering packet losses, which is anathema to ESO's TCP connection to the server, and may cause some or all of the issues you've experienced while playing.

There's on surefire way to test whether your WiFi connection is at fault or not: switch off WiFi on your Mac, connect it via network cable to your router, and then test whether you still see any or all of the issues you've had with the game beforehand.

As for the Launcher reopening after you log in: there's a checkbox "Reopen windows when logging back in" in the dialogue when you restart or shut down your system. Uncheck it. You could also check whether the Launcher App is set to autostart: right-click on the Launcher App's icon in the Dock, select Options, then look whether "Open at Login" is checked. You can disable it by clicking on this option so that it's no longer checked.
    Edited by KhajitFurTrader on October 31, 2014 1:43PM
  • creme-delacreme
    I started crashing with Update 4. Now with update 5, the game just instantly closes and its Like i was never playing it. I have a separate thread...
  • lecarcajou_ESO
    lecarcajou_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've pretty much given up hope at this point. I submitted crash logs here, through the reporter, the support system... yesterday I almost went back to WoW in my exasperation, but I just couldn't, it looks too dated. I'd love to stick with ESO, but there's more frustration than joy in it now.

Maybe I'll re-install CrossOver and play Rift again—because even a Windows game running in an emulator is more stable than this. I wish that was a joke.
    Edited by lecarcajou_ESO on November 18, 2014 5:09AM
    "Morally Decentralized."