The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bleakrock Isle - When will order be restored?

Giraffon
Giraffon
✭✭✭✭✭
I love Bleakrock Isle. I return to it frequently for it's peaceful snowy landscape and solitude. But sometimes I wish I had never completed the quest line there because the village is now forever burning.

Will order ever be restored? I would like to see a mini quest as part of the VR content that allows you to take back Bleakrock Isle and restore it to the way it originally was.
Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of zones go through battle then go back to normal after the quest is completed, I wish it were the same. All other starter islands are peaceful after their quests, I hope ZOS changes that in the future.
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • chriss23
    chriss23
    ✭✭
    I like going back there too and agree with you about the town. I've recently started exploring Eastmarch and it's just as beautiful but without the coastline; the snowy landscapes are some of the best.
  • The_Bommel
    The_Bommel
    ✭✭
    Yes please, let us restore the order in Bleakrock Isle!
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be really nice.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is in endless war; like one would be with Shaka in CIV V.

:(
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps they will fix in 1.6? That would be very nice!
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Giraffon wrote: »
    Perhaps they will fix in 1.6? That would be very nice!

I doubt it, the island essentially falls into enemy hands, the only thing they would do is remove any allies there, which would solve the problem, but not make it better for you.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if it became a bandit stronghold like Helgen in Skyrim.
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wpuld be nice if ZoS actually changed and improved citys and villages and made them grow. For it to feel more like a living world.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I've ever wanted is for the fires to go out and the screaming to stop! Either the city is burned to the ground and there's nothing left, or they rebuild and it becomes a peaceful settlement owned by the invaders. If you can sneak past the guards you can do business with the vendors. They've done things like this in Cyrodiil. I would think it's possible.

I'm sure it's not on the top of the list, but it would be nice some day...
  • Nadijeh
    Nadijeh
    ✭✭✭
    It would be nice, but we ended up where we ended up because it got invaded and destroyed so we had to leave.
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    perhaps they didn't want all the v14's mingling with the nubs?
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nadijeh wrote: »
    It would be nice, but we ended up where we ended up because it got invaded and destroyed so we had to leave.

Okay, shouldn't I be able to go to a peaceful version of it in the DC vet content? I really would like it to go back to the way it was when I first started playing. I liked the crafting areas, and the landscape is wonderful. The screaming and fires sort of ruin the whole mood!

• Ryker
    Ryker
    Soul Shriven
    Nadijeh wrote: »

Okay, shouldn't I be able to go to a peaceful version of it in the DC vet content? I really would like it to go back to the way it was when I first started playing. I liked the crafting areas, and the landscape is wonderful. The screaming and fires sort of ruin the whole mood!

I agree, the crafting areas were some of my favorite that I've run into so far. Its a shame that its gone now, if at least they could have kept that there.
  • Talwyn_Aureliano
    Talwyn_Aureliano
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely agree with the OP.

Bleakrock Island, for me, is one of the most beautiful zones in the game and I love going back there just to wander about and watch the snow effects, they are simply quite stunning.

I'd like to see a new final quest added in at the very end of the EP main quest line, the retaking of Bleakrock.

Why would the EP abandon what is quite a strategic island at all to the DC? Its geographic location means that if left in the hands of the DC they could launch raids and assaults up and down the EP coastline with impunity. I seriously doubt that would be allowed to stand for any length of time.

So please designers, think about making additions to the game that are not just cosmetic but actually improve the storyline and game itself.
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, the reason why two of my alts are permanently parked there... It's very nice.
  • elmoro95
    elmoro95
    Soul Shriven
    I agree too, the crafting areas and the landscape were awesome.
  • Kandore_the_Shadow
    Kandore_the_Shadow
    Soul Shriven
    I agree with all of the above. I would love some kind of quest to restore it/take it back, or at least stop the burning. It's one of my favorite zones and if I had known it could never be restored I might not have completed the quests there. I know my alts definitely won't.
  • Madness1
    Madness1
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that Bleakrock Isle is a lovely place, but I'd have to disagree with making it change back after the quest, or after a few more quests. Reason being is that I like that the story has left a mark on the world and it gives the illusion of time actually present, instead of just the same old thing.

I would like to see however a quest line where maybe after a certain quest sequence involving The Tribunal giving you a title owning land there where you could fortify and restore order, something like what classic cRPG games did often (like The Keep in NWN2). Maybe you could have upgrades where you had more control of your Hirelings for example would be a great use for it, or maybe once you hire guards they would address you as their lord.

Most importantly though I'd want this pack to be completely optional, not tied to any big story (PVP) event where one player would have an edge over others just because they purchased the DLC. That brings me to the price point, how about having it as a purchasable quest line in The Crown Store?
    What is the color of night?
    What is the color of the fox?
    Hail Sithis.
  • Seth_Black
    Seth_Black
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget this leaves some space for maybe a quest line? :smile:
    I don't believe ZOS will leave it as it is and knowing mmo devs ...they probably have already something cooked up.
    Just waiting to release it in the right moment.
    Since after finishing quests all other starting zones are left in kinda peace and free from conflicts I would expect something special for Bleakrock. :wink:
    Out of the night that covers me, Black as the pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul.
    It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Madness1 wrote: »
    I agree that Bleakrock Isle is a lovely place, but I'd have to disagree with making it change back after the quest, or after a few more quests. Reason being is that I like that the story has left a mark on the world and it gives the illusion of time actually present, instead of just the same old thing.

The Bleakrock situation is so out of line with every other faction war quest in cities. Nowhere else does the fighting continue in a town when the quest was done. It doesn't reflect lore or reality either. Battles end, calm ensues, even if an enemy presence remains. I think restoring order was just an oversight, something that got missed. And it's a minor annoyance. Bleakrock had a really nice all-in-one crafting/banking location that becomes useless. Also, there were a lot of livestock that can't be used for some of the legerdemain achievements. I was a little peeved when I went there to kill an ox, and find the town useless.

PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Madness1
    Madness1
    ✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    The Bleakrock situation is so out of line with every other faction war quest in cities. Nowhere else does the fighting continue in a town when the quest was done.

I wasn't aware of that, I only play EP really.
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    It doesn't reflect lore or reality either. Battles end, calm ensues, even if an enemy presence remains. I think restoring order was just an oversight, something that got missed. And it's a minor annoyance. Bleakrock had a really nice all-in-one crafting/banking location that becomes useless. Also, there were a lot of livestock that can't be used for some of the legerdemain achievements. I was a little peeved when I went there to kill an ox, and find the town useless.

I get battles end but it is a game, and it's just an area Zeni hasn't progressed yet but I hope they don't just flick a switch (for a lack of a better phrase) and it all turns back to normal. Also conflict has ended (granted the fire still going is a bit immersion breaking), it's just used as a strategic encampment for for the enemy, which actually does happen and is explained when it all occurs. I gotta admit though that with the amount of resources found on Bleakrock and with the lack of a market is a bit annoying, it's something I can deal with though as I can collect 3-4 soul gems (they would've cost a fortune) for an easy steal on each visit.
    What is the color of night?
    What is the color of the fox?
    Hail Sithis.
  • Seth_Black
    Seth_Black
    ✭✭✭
    Madness1 wrote: »
    I wasn't aware of that, I only play EP really.
    You can still see ALL of the starting zones (AD and DC) while doing 'Cadwell's Silver' and 'Cadwell's Gold' quests.
    It simply looks like you would create new character in opposite faction, so you're going though starting islands too.
    Out of the night that covers me, Black as the pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul.
    It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone ever done a quest area in PvP that is controlled by another faction? Notice how the guards will attack you if they see you, but you can still sneak around and do things if you are careful? That's what I think they should do in Bleakrock.

Put out the darn fires and put all the crafting areas back but also put in some hostile guards that will attack you if you are spotted.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put out the fires!! Stop the screaming!
  • kayPOW
    kayPOW
    ✭✭✭
    I think any kind of quest to take back Bleakrock would be wonderful, even if it can't be a living space any more. It shouldn't be left in the hands of the enemy, like other have said, it's dangerously close to our coastline. The perfect spot for an attack, it doesn't make sense for us to just leave it.

I would love to help rebuild Bleakrock!

FOR THE PACT!

✨🫖 (This is my old Signature, but I can't bring myself to change it! I'm now mainly PC/EU Templar Khajiit and run the Insani-tea Party Guild.)🫖✨

Lestari / Dunmer / EP / Xbox One - kayPOW / EU
    Dragonknight DPS - Magicka - Vampire // Bite : Available / On Cooldown //
    Guild : [ADMIN] Charitable Crafting Co-op <- Everything is FREE NO CATCH!
    I like to play games and drink tea. I sure love the T.
  • Arkvoril
    Arkvoril
    ✭✭✭
    Put out the fires!! Stop the screaming!

Bringing back an old one! But I agree, was just there and it is just sad. They been on fire for a while now. I need a quest to restore order to my first hangout.
    NA/PC

Arkvoril
    Level 50 Altmer Sorcerer
    A Vampire with a Werewolf Companion.
    Master Alchemist and Enchanter;
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know, right? The escape from Bleakrock quest is really wonderful, but it takes that nice little Nord town away from you forever. I wish you could return with a small army to restore the town, too.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In before both compulsory necro'd thread meme and thread lock for necro.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Here is the thread lock for this discussion being necro'd from over two years ago. This quest discussion can still be relevant, so feel free to start up a new thread about it.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.