The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Annoying crap - error 318

tordr86b16_ESO
tordr86b16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
please fix this, it is getting out of hand.

annoying_crapjpeg.jpg
Edited by tordr86b16_ESO on July 31, 2014 12:54AM
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    happens frequently in open dungeons, eu side.
    Edited by tordr86b16_ESO on July 31, 2014 2:26AM
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    happens anywhere now, please fix this.
    Edited by tordr86b16_ESO on July 31, 2014 10:16PM
  • ZOS_PierreL
    ZOS_PierreL
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @tordr86b16_ESO,

Players who receive error 318 may be disconnected because of excessive messaging. Please refrain from sending too many messages (spamming).
    If any AddOns are installed, we suggest disabling them and see if that resolves the problem.

If you believe that you have received this message in error, you should type /bug in the in-game chat box and log the following information:
    • The entire error message
    • What zone you were in when the error happened
    • If you were in a particular cave or dungeon
    • What were you doing (crafting, battling, etc.) ?

Alternatively, you can also provide the above information directly to Customer Support.

Thank you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • CheesyDaedra
    CheesyDaedra
    ✭✭✭
    Hello @tordr86b16_ESO,

Players who receive error 318 may be disconnected because of excessive messaging. Please refrain from sending too many messages (spamming).
    If any AddOns are installed, we suggest disabling them and see if that resolves the problem.

If you believe that you have received this message in error, you should type /bug in the in-game chat box and log the following information:

Alternatively, you can also provide the above information directly to Customer Support.

Thank you.

I wonder, is this measure only for Zone and /say /yell ?

Because groups or guilds talk a lot and i don't think it would be really necessary to have it in these categories.

Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fishstick, it's a very delicate state of mind.
  • ttomaxneb18_ESO
    I got 3times kicked from the game with this message!(Errror 318)Bangkorai,VR5 area evermore castle and behind zombies... massive lag,sometimes i cant pass the door!!!Fix this ASAP!!!
    Edited by ttomaxneb18_ESO on August 1, 2014 6:50PM
  • Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not all about messaging. It is key presses. If you get a lag spike don't keep pressing keys. Wait it out. Otherwise when the lag stops all those key presses get sent to the server and then the server thinks you are spamming messages and will then kick you.
  • ttomaxneb18_ESO
    Now 4 times... hard to no press any key if you are in the fight...
    Edited by ttomaxneb18_ESO on August 1, 2014 7:10PM
  • Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I know but with a lag spike there is not much you can do about the fight as the fight is still going on server side but on your end it looks like nothing is so no matter what you do on your end with key presses. It won't do much as more than likely you will still end up dead.
  • Anastasia
    Anastasia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rhoric wrote: »
    Yeah I know but with a lag spike there is not much you can do about the fight as the fight is still going on server side but on your end it looks like nothing is so no matter what you do on your end with key presses. It won't do much as more than likely you will still end up dead.

Agreed.

Basically, regardless of 'why', players just want it fixed. Just want the game to work when they log in. (*)

• Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the server was able to determine if the player was actually chatting or was in combat that would cut down on this issue. The problem would be how to code it.
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got this and had not spoken in chat for hours, the excuses from ZOS are pathetic.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Ibura
    Ibura
    ✭✭✭
    Heh, no excessive talking here and still get thrown out due to this error 318. Massive lagspikes, often cannot harvest or open a door, freezes, bsod's....Never had this before.
    No bad feelings though, love the game too much, please fix though *grin*
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello @tordr86b16_ESO,

Thank you.

didn't send any messages, I now get massive delays just by walking around, interacting with NPC's and fighting mobs in Bangkorai.
    • The entire error message: ???
    • What zone you were in when the error happened: Bangkorai
    • If you were in a particular cave or dungeon: Yes and No.
    • What were you doing (crafting, battling, etc.): Battling, walking.

Edited by tordr86b16_ESO on August 1, 2014 8:56PM
  • Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is all not just about messaging. It is about lag spikes and key presses.
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rhoric wrote: »
    It is all not just about messaging. It is about lag spikes and key presses.

You know that, we know that - ZOS probably know it too but can't afford to admit it.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disabled all addons... didn't help.
  • xherics
    xherics
    ✭✭✭
    When we have a big 10-20 sec lag, we are supposed to use NO skills or it will be end by this error message...

By the way, after the EU migration, the latecny is less, but there are 10-20 sec lags... Today evening, the game was unplayable...
    Guild: HODOR - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Char: Leliana fxn (Sorc) and Nuria fxn (DK)
    World first Sanctum Ophidia Time trial achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.7)
    World second Sanctum Ophidia Hard Mode achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.8)
    Pre-nerf Dragonstar Arena Hard Mode Conqueror with my Sorcerer

"Sorcerer is for me a definition of the highest level of magician, what does not mean pets, but pure magic, pure spells.
    Pure magic from the heart, through the blood, to the last hairbreadth...
    Sorcerer means the highest magic killer with pure magic, not the weakest grandmamma's pet farm."

11.02.2015 - Magicka Sorcerer RIP - What? Sorcerer and not using spells/magicka?
    19.02.2015 - Sorcerers, we have a new hope!
  • BadmoodTheBad
    BadmoodTheBad
    Soul Shriven
    Same here. It is NOTHING to do with messages and everything to do with huge lag spikes (it seems to be getting worse/more frequent by the hour)