The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

...and Mannimarco goes down!

PrinceBoru
PrinceBoru
✭✭✭✭
ahhhhh yeah!
Who's boss now?!
That was awesome!
It ain't easy being green.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    well it took ME over 10 tries to get him. so mannimarco is still the boss in my opinion. lol
    Edited by Cody on July 11, 2014 6:49PM
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I got him on first try but he was much harder than Molag Bal. What build where you guys using?
  • ebondeath
    ebondeath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the King of Worms, I have never seen him use a single worm in a fight. Like, does he have an earthworm farm somewhere or is he trying to go for a Guiness World Record with the world's largest ball of worms that he keeps in his other castle?
    How did he get that moniker? Because if he actually threw them at me in a fight I'd surrender and die of grossness.
    ╔═════════════⌈Alannah Corvaine⌋══════════════╗
    Rise, rise! To freedom, rise! Arise, ye Breton sons and daughters.
    Ride, ride! To freedom, ride! Truth and glory to the brave!
    ╚═════════════⌊VR 12 Breton NB⌉══════════════╝
  • Mud_Puppy
    Mud_Puppy
    ✭✭✭
    PrinceBoru wrote: »
    ahhhhh yeah!
    Who's boss now?!
    That was awesome!

Congrats ^.^ easily the hardest solo boss provided you fought him at his level range.
    /kill
  • Electus
    Electus
    ✭✭✭
    By far my favorite battle in the entire game.
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i owned him on my first attempt.
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    quote="ebondeath;1101139"]For the King of Worms, I have never seen him use a single worm in a fight. Like, does he have an earthworm farm somewhere or is he trying to go for a Guiness World Record with the world's largest ball of worms that he keeps in his other castle?
    How did he get that moniker? Because if he actually threw them at me in a fight I'd surrender and die of grossness. [/quote]

..maybe its gummy worms. Maybe he sells them on the side. Those are delicious. Took me 3 tries to beat him. Haven't fought Molag Bal yet so can't compare.
    Edited by purple-magicb16_ESO on July 11, 2014 7:33PM
    I don't comment here often but when I do, I get [snip]
  • thorntk421
    thorntk421
    ✭✭✭
    Took me three tries with my DK. Definitely the hardest fight so far.
  • Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took me 64 tries. Had to do a respec in there.
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed those ending harborage boss fights. Grats!!
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gratz! That fight really is fun. Love the ending too, "WORM!"
  • AngryWolf
    AngryWolf
    ✭✭✭
    Good for you...that's a HARD one!
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been spending my skill points with whipping this Worm in mind.
    Great pointers all throughout this forum!
  • Zorrashi
    Zorrashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I realized quite quickly that I can't take him down fast. He was an endurance fight. But I really hated his spawn ghosts or whatever, swarming me who had no aoe attack....

Had to rethink my strategy many times, then I realized I died too many times and my armor was $%#!. I have to tip my hat to whoever made him.
  • Fi'yra
    Fi'yra
    ✭✭✭
    ebondeath wrote: »
    For the King of Worms, I have never seen him use a single worm in a fight. Like, does he have an earthworm farm somewhere or is he trying to go for a Guiness World Record with the world's largest ball of worms that he keeps in his other castle?
    How did he get that moniker? Because if he actually threw them at me in a fight I'd surrender and die of grossness.

generally pissed myself, omd
    AD - PC/EU
    Get Wrobled
  • Hilgara
    Hilgara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah he's a bit of a [snip]

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_SandraF on July 11, 2014 10:44PM
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    A new chapter in my book of "Classic Boss Battles".
    A chapter I had to rewrite seven times!
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ebondeath wrote: »

I think he might be "packing" if you know what i mean.. .. :wink::wink:
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MY build, was a NB archer, and no secondary's. so it was a pain for me:/ I beat him by using the pillars. seeing as how he completely ignores your AI companions, and only focuses on you, I would run to and around the pillars, and keep him behind it. i did this while lyris did 95% of the damage. lol. when the adds came, i spammed impale like crazy. and healed and got back behind the pillars. took a LONG time, but it worked:)
    Edited by Cody on July 11, 2014 11:59PM
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NookyZooky wrote: »
    MY build, was a NB archer, and no secondary's. so it was a pain for me:/ I beat him by using the pillars. seeing as how he completely ignores your AI companions, and only focuses on you, I would run to and around the pillars, and keep him behind it. i did this while lyris did 95% of the damage. lol. when the adds came, i spammed impale like crazy. and healed and got back behind the pillars. took a LONG time, but it worked:)

Umm... strife/soul siphon will essentially make you immune to his light attack spamming. For his adds a couple of volleys of arrow spray will do the trick.
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sephiroth would curb-stomp him without effort. :D
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreySix wrote: »
    Sephiroth would curb-stomp him without effort. :D

Sephiroth had funkier music as well!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGmBKYI02yQ
    Edited by Dekkameron on July 12, 2014 12:11AM
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was lucky, I managed to down manimarco easily, I think I had more issues with a Daedroth on the stairs when first coming into that room as I rushed it a little and didn't take it to seriously, Daedroth kicked my arse.

But Mani was my ***, pretty easily too. Molag on the other hand, that was an epic endurance fight for me. Got him but it took me ages to do.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    I beat him by using the pillars.

Pillars and elixirs.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At level 41,I got Mannimarco down,..BUUUT,..Molag Bal tore me all apart,over and over at level 43. He's a level 50. Ya know,I keep getting Harborage quests that are at least 5 levels above me.Man!! They dont want things even at all,do they!
  • ZOS_MichelleA
    ZOS_MichelleA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on taking Mannimarco down, @PrinceBoru! We've moved this thread to the Main Quest forum, in case of spoilers.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Kafolarbear
    Kafolarbear
    ✭✭✭

With the same build I defeated him my second try, only because the first time i got cocky and didn't want to use anything but siphoning to kill him. :)

And gratz to the OP.
    Edited by Kafolarbear on July 12, 2014 12:47PM
    Veteran Rank 5 Khajiit Nightblade.

For the Queen; for Elswyr!
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on defeating Manni. I don't think he was harder than Molly as some say. Manni was about 2,5min fight.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syntse wrote: »
    Congrats on defeating Manni. I don't think he was harder than Molly as some say. Manni was about 2,5min fight.

Molly, I like that. Malcolm McDowell called him Little Moe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=cXVpk8X7gP4#t=995

17:07 if the link doesn't jump to his interview.
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zorrashi wrote: »
    I realized quite quickly that I can't take him down fast. He was an endurance fight. But I really hated his spawn ghosts or whatever, swarming me who had no aoe attack....

Had to rethink my strategy many times, then I realized I died too many times and my armor was $%#!. I have to tip my hat to whoever made him.

This is one case in which the death recap hints were actually helpful to me. They pointed me in the direction of using Puncturing Sweep (which also is a self-heal and was already on my bar) to take out the spirits. Those floating spectres were so squishy (something like 86 HP, actually) that it made sense to let them all get close because you could one-hit all of them at once, even with P.S.

I started out using bow, but those ghosties were all immune to poison, so that was kind of wasted. However I had a heal slotted with my Restoration Staff, and that, ultimately, was what got me through. That and LOTS of pots.