The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Believe I've found the problem with Valley of Blades.

Sakiri
Sakiri
✭✭✭✭✭
I was just running my fourth character through Valley of Blades and I think I've determined the source of most people's frustrations with this fight.

It's bugged to high Hate, Just for starters, and as a result, I think this belongs in CS. If not, you can move it. I'm also /bugging this in game because it needs fixed. Badly.

I've been filming my boss battles for my characters for educational purposes, mostly, and hosting them on YouTube. These three clips that I took today will also be going up, and I'll include links when they're up.

I've found that if you die at all during this fight, it doesn't reset properly. The mobs that killed you reset to their positions, but eventually, the first boss will respawn.

After killing Divad Hunding, I died on the next two. Great, no problem. Revive. Kill them one at a time, mage then dragonknight. Ra Adia reset because he ran out to the hallway while I was trying to get the hell out of his way.

Next three spawn. Oh hey look, number 4! Who's that? DIVAD HUNDING.

Die, kill Divad by himself. Pull last of the three that I didn't kill from the wave that killed me. Win.

This wonky crap after a wipe I'm pretty sure is the cause of at least 90% of the problems in this fight.

http://youtu.be/HAAr1LIFGpo
http://youtu.be/ANsFzvYJrLw
http://youtu.be/ecx10m5xEgQ

Video 2 shows my build because I usually toss that in there when I do these and I forgot to do it in the first one.

• AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Apparently after the v1.1.3 patch at least monsters won't get stuck during this quest anymore...
    Because that was a problem? Uuuuhhh...
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »
    Apparently after the v1.1.3 patch at least monsters won't get stuck during this quest anymore...
    Because that was a problem? Uuuuhhh...

Ill find out soon enough what they were talking about. Templar 2 is almost old enough to play with them.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is an incredibly annoying bug, I've experienced this both times doing the quest.

rip decibel
  • Lunerdog
    Lunerdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, have had Master Hunding respawn on me after killing him with two alts on the trot now, and as usual your companions are about as useful as chocolate teapot.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys, this should have been fixed with today's patch. Can you let us know if you're still experiencing the same problem?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol chocolate teapot.

Ill give you the answer Gina when I get there. Might be up to a week with schedule changes but theres likely others there.

My second templar was on track to get it in the next two days or so but busy now. Bleh.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let's know what you find out...
    Altho I Guess the bosses are still as insanely overpowered...
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ , patch worked.

I didn't have any problems with this fight the last time I ran it.

Video is still processing but it's up.
  • SeltzerDuke
    SeltzerDuke
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, the respawns weren't intentional design? I assumed they were to make sure you efficiently took care of the last two bosses before the first two respawned. I mean, they were undead already so i figured they were just being re-animated by Mannimarco. Now I feel kinda l33t for being able to handle this quest back when I did it, haha.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey guys, this should have been fixed with today's patch. Can you let us know if you're still experiencing the same problem?

Definately NOT fixed with the 1.1.3 patch!!! Hunding STILL reappears in the middle of the fight, at least if you wipe during the fight (which is pretty much obligatory considering that these "level 35" bosses one-hit you!)!!!!!!
  • PaulD
    PaulD
    ✭✭✭
    I just did it, and Hunding did not reappear. It seems like some of you haven't figured out the "trick" in this one, it's all about the stairs. Stay on top of the stairs and distance shot the CRAP out of them. If they come up after you, knock them over with silver arrows and jump off the top of the stairs. They won't jump after you, and you just walk around to the bottom and start bombing them while they fight the NPC's some more. When that one goes down, run back up. Tres easy if you do that.
  • Pmarsico9
    Pmarsico9
    ✭✭✭✭
    HAHA I killed them each 3 times!!!!!!!

Thank God I'm a templar tank loaded with magicka pots!

I did find it somewhat weird that this encounter was more difficult than Molag Bal or Mannimarco though.............
    Edited by Pmarsico9 on July 3, 2014 4:07PM
  • Sasco
    Sasco
    ✭✭

Just did this today and had the various skeleton bosses re-spawn on me mid-fight....fun!

• Evanlyn_Winter
    2018. Never died but Divad Hunding STILL respawns after the group of three (the mother and twins) so i still have to defeat him twice
  • Annelid01
    Annelid01
    ✭✭
    Same