Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Surprise Weapon + Night Mother's Gaze (set) = 60% armor reduction

Suntzu1414
is this correct? do they stack.

since we automatically crit with shadowy disguise (100% critical).
this should be automatic buff. If we follow SD with Surprise Weapon...

thoughts?
st
DC - NB VR15 - Khajit - DW / S+B / Bow
DC - NB VR 15 - Wood Elf - S+B / Resto
DC - TP VR 15 - Brenton - Resto / Dual Wield
DC - SC VR 12 - High Elf - Desto / Dual Wield
EP - TP VR 5 - Nord - 2hd / 2hd
EP - DK 20 - Imperial - S+B / Desto / Bow
  • smercgames_ESO
    smercgames_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I know they stack somehow because I've used Ransack + Surprise Weapon + Mark Target and each one gave me bigger numbers when stacked but I do not think it's a straight 60% because that would mean if we toss on Mark Target + Surprise attack we negate ALL of their armor. It would be nice if we could get them into negative armor though
    Options
  • yelloweyedemon
    yelloweyedemon
    ✭✭✭
    I know they stack somehow because I've used Ransack + Surprise Weapon + Mark Target and each one gave me bigger numbers when stacked but I do not think it's a straight 60% because that would mean if we toss on Mark Target + Surprise attack we negate ALL of their armor. It would be nice if we could get them into negative armor though

No. Mark target IGNORES 75% of the targets armour. surp attack and night mother's set reduces it by 60%.

It means that we ignore 75% from the remaining 40%
    Options
  • Suntzu1414
    Ok. Thank you for your input.

How does Reducing Armor increase DPS?

Is armor a 50% mitigation ? (with full armor) -- saw this somewhere before--

So, as example. If we DPS for 1000 damage
    Normal Armor would mitigate this to 500 damage

Now we used our----Surprise Weapon + Night Mother's Gaze
    -reducing the benefit of armor (500 * 60%) or 300

This would pop our damage up to 800.

Does this seem correct??

thoughts.
    st
    DC - NB VR15 - Khajit - DW / S+B / Bow
    DC - NB VR 15 - Wood Elf - S+B / Resto
    DC - TP VR 15 - Brenton - Resto / Dual Wield
    DC - SC VR 12 - High Elf - Desto / Dual Wield
    EP - TP VR 5 - Nord - 2hd / 2hd
    EP - DK 20 - Imperial - S+B / Desto / Bow
    Options
  • Rizcarn
    Rizcarn
    ✭✭
    Was testing reaper's mark(mark target), ignore 75% of player's Armor and Spell Resistance, with pierce armor(puncture) ,reduces target's Armor and spell resist by 43%. Wasn't seeing a increase in damage beyond mark targets 75%. Even stacking mark target after puncture the increase wasn't that big. Have to wonder what the hard cap for reduction is. Could be 50% like resist and armor for all I know.
    Options
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rizcarn wrote: »
    Was testing reaper's mark(mark target), ignore 75% of player's Armor and Spell Resistance, with pierce armor(puncture) ,reduces target's Armor and spell resist by 43%. Wasn't seeing a increase in damage beyond mark targets 75%. Even stacking mark target after puncture the increase wasn't that big. Have to wonder what the hard cap for reduction is. Could be 50% like resist and armor for all I know.

Like reducing into the negatives? The defense cap is 50% and if you reduce a players armor to where he has no mitigation at all then he is at zero. I dont think you can reduce armor that he doesnt have further to make him become susceptible to more damage. Thats like making his skin soft lol.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

Options
  • Rizcarn
    Rizcarn
    ✭✭
    Naw, not what I was saying. Was seeing a hard cap on armor reduction. Above 75% was getting no more extra damage and between 43% and 75% the increase was minimal. What the hard cap is I don't know.
    Options
  • Frinkles
    Frinkles
    ✭✭
    Suntzu1414 wrote: »
    Ok. Thank you for your input.

How does Reducing Armor increase DPS?

Is armor a 50% mitigation ? (with full armor) -- saw this somewhere before--

So, as example. If we DPS for 1000 damage
    Normal Armor would mitigate this to 500 damage

Now we used our----Surprise Weapon + Night Mother's Gaze
    -reducing the benefit of armor (500 * 60%) or 300

This would pop our damage up to 800.

Does this seem correct??

thoughts.
    st

You are right but the increase isn't as direct nor as massive as you, and I believe we all thought like this at some point... and.. its not a bug :( Here is the explanation:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/985417/#Comment_

Even if you decrease a target's armor to near 0 you won't be seeing a dps increase greater than 10~% What makes heavy armor tanky is not the armor value but the passives >.<
    Edited by Frinkles on June 15, 2014 7:38AM
    Options