Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Suggestion] Zenimax; how to make the whole WW and vamp thing different and exciting (more roleplay)

Jarnhand
Jarnhand
✭✭✭
Well how about a total 'revamp' or reinventing of the whole ww/vamp thing?!

First about how it works now, or rather does not work now:
- Vamp skills are buged, and stacking is exploited, that result in vamps are godlike, and people are stopping PvPing, and in general leaving ESO due to the unbalanced impact on end-game content (yes end game in ESO is PvP, it has all the time been advertised as a PvP game)
- Silver bolts do not work. They do not knock down vamps, and leash does not seem to work either.
- 5% chance to huge damage on a skill that can only be used 3-4 times on a full stamina bar, is close to useless. Need to use 4 full stamina bars to statisticly be able to kill a vampire, something that is not even remotely realistic to be able to use in any kind of fight, or to say it like this: a group of 4 players need to use all their stamina to have a statistic chance to kill a vampire
- The normal damage from bolts (on normal hits) should also be a lot higher. They cost a lot of stamina, and are now very little effective
- If Zenimax actually want the Fighters guild abilities to be useful in PvP, they need to boost them

How it can be redone, and maybe a lot more fun for 'everyone' ?:
- The fighter guild should also give special PvP werewolf and vampire bounty hunter rewards (a significant reward), even whole new quest lines with greater rewards (long time quest with rewards down the road) (this part can easily and fast be implemented)
- If anyone became a ww or vamp, they should be unable to use the Fighter guild abilities (technically frozen and unusable), and stopped from joining the guild (and no; Blade does not excist in the ESO universe)
- If anyone became a vampire or ww they should also be attacked by certain guards (but maybe not all), there should be CLEAR disadvantages to being ww or vamp, they should be a monster in the game world. So many are refering to Skyrim and roleplay blah blah blah, well in Skyrim and in roleplay games vamps and ww are HUNTED
- The whole ww and vamp thing should be changed into a hunted outcast type of thing. This would be more fun for everyone (I think), truly being the hunted, and the hunter. More roleplay, more action, and a new feature I think in MMOs, but I may be wrong.
- The WWs and Vamps in this setting need to be more powerful then normal players (special skill lines usable only when in ww and vamp mode, but at same time NOT unkillable 1vs1, prepared heros should have a good chance vs vamps/wws), but at same time ww/vamps need clear disadvantages (fire, silver etc)
- They would not be able to continue doing normal quests in ESO, and should get special 'monster quests' in Cyrodiil (ww and vamp clans raiding NPC villages, but also towers and keeps). They would almost become 2 new factions in Cyrodiil.
- Becoming a vampire or ww, would simply put, remove the character from the normal ESO questing path, and put them on an alternative 'anti-hero' quest line
- WWs and Vampires should have own questing hubs/crafting towns in Cyrodiil. Some should be able to be burnt/sacked by normal characters, and therefore hinder the ww and vamps, to a certain degree. But a bare minimum need to be impossible to take, or it could be unplayable for the wws/vamps.
- There should also be war between the wws and the vamps, should not be same 'guild'/faction
- Getting cured through a special and difficult quest line (solo quest), should put the wws and vamps back into the normal ESO questing and play story/mode
- Should be a timer on how often one can change between 'modes' (getting infected/cured)
- It can work like it does today, vamps and ww are a separate skill lines, a template put on top of the character class. But the different guilds/worldskill lines should be frozen/disabled based on what mode a character is in (ww/vamp skill lines only get exp when in those modes, same with fighters guild etc)

What do you think? I know its a huge change to make, and would take a lot of time for Zenimax to implement it, but wouldnt this be a lot more fun, for everyone? Being a ww or vampire would be special and different, and also the roleplay crowd I think would love this.

I know for people knowing LOTRO, this would seem a bit similar, but it is not what I am thinking. There would be clear differences, and be a mode the character can go into, not a different kind of creation only for PvP zone, like monster play is in LOTRO.

I think I would love it if it was like this! And no, I am not a vamp or ww in ESO, and not sure if I would be in this mode either, but it would make the game more fun, and exciting! You can just call me Van Helsing hehe :wink:
  • ChampionSheWolf
    ChampionSheWolf
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, no. I don't see anything being added other than making things detrimental and basically making werewolf and vampire unplayable. The penalties already associated with being a werewolf already make it that way, and removing the ability to quest at all is just a bad idea in general. Furthermore, forcing werewolves and vamps to only be able to level up in Cyrodiil removes choice from the system, as you make them always open to ganking, and werewolves, in particular, are already at a huge disadvantage. Vamps aren't so much currently, though the upcoming changes might change that somewhat.
    Edited by ChampionSheWolf on May 2, 2014 9:52AM
    Harbinger of The Black Wolves.
    Member of Grindstone.

Ebonheart Pact
    Tyra Ravenheim - Templar (newly rerolled)
  • adesanawa
    adesanawa
    ✭✭
    I can't agree with you, sorry. First of all, a forced PVP is never a good thing. Not everyone is excited in taking up the fight to Cyrodiil. ESO emphasizes on freedom, similar to that of previous ES games and I hope they keep it that way.
    I don't feel that ESO is mainly promoted as a PVP game either, IMO adventure zones feels more like the end game compared to Cyrodiil.

The whole WW and Vamps can't do quests because they're outcast and hunted, I just can't see it happening. Technical difficulties aside, the Ravenwatch Vampires already proved that mingling with normal people isn't much of a problem. There's also a similar case for WW in one of the quests in Bangkorai. There's even a friendly Daedra worshipper within the Fighter Guild themselves if you follow the quest, granted it's Meridia we're talking about here. If NPCs can do it, why can't us player and roleplayers do the same?

All in all, I'd rather they just fix the bugs and balance rather than redoing the whole thing.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is OP , tons of players , me included , are not interested in RPing at all. So by doing all this , you are just giving me a headache to deal with.

But ok , lets say this is not about me , which is the case anyway , do you understand the amount of changes you are asking for right there?

It is HUGE , and i mean HUGE!

Even if we consider this an option , i would rather have the devs work on something else , and get a better overall result for everyone , like more zones/skill trees and so on.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • The_Sadist
    The_Sadist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope.
    "Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event." ― Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
    Tragrim - How do I work this thing?
    Casually stalking the forums
  • Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I do agree rank 4 should limit player interaction with NPC however all rank lower then that should allow them to blend around.

Vampire need clear bonuses and clear penalty so that people who runs them are at advantage when fighting against unprepared foes.
    One bow to darken the sun
    One bow to unite the clans
    One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun