The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

item stacking

scratchnsniff
scratchnsniff
✭✭✭
Is it me or would it be nice that when I craft 10 bows that are identical they stacked in my bag.

It is bad enough bag space is limited, than if I plan to do a bit of crafting I have to move all my crap to an alt.

Unless of course I missed the option. Than I am just a du mass
Edited by scratchnsniff on April 30, 2014 4:19AM
They call me the magic man.
*** Now you see me***
*** Now you don't ***
  • Dragonheart013
    The whole point is that weapons and armor take up 1 slot per item and don't stack, otherwise you could basically carry around a bloody large amount of weapons and armor at any one time. If they made it so they still took up one slot per item, but visually stacked, so as to reduce clutter, that I could agree to.
  • Lupinemw
    Lupinemw
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah let me think I have 125 bag slots and if they allowed a stack I could carry 1250 Hvy Chest pieces..Yeah and I wouldn't be laden down at all.

I agree though with @dragonheart013 it would be nice if they stacked like they do when you decon, but you shouldn't be allowed to carry around lots of stuff. If you are your missing the point. You don't have to craft everything at the same time. Do a couple now, then swap out later.
    Edited by Lupinemw on May 1, 2014 7:59AM
    Elysium
    EU Casual Mature Daggerfall Covenant Guild

Would you like to know more?! Check us out below
    elysium-eso.guildlaunch.com
  • RylukShouja
    RylukShouja
    ✭✭✭
    @Lupinemw I recognize and agree that you could do that...but what reason (outside of physically standing at the crafting table working) would you ever have to run around with 1250 heavy chests aside from just for lols? It would be a crafting qol improvement, but it wouldn't affect bag space in the wild, as almost every armour/weapon drop is different from each other (either in quality, level, trait, enchantment, or racial style). So overall gameplay effect would be minimal.

The biggest effect would be on trading, if you could trade a stack of heavy armour chests, which would make crafting/deconning with a buddy much easier.
  • scratchnsniff
    scratchnsniff
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, I fail. Lol
    Made great sense in my head.
    *** Now you see me***
    *** Now you don't ***
  • Lupinemw
    Lupinemw
    ✭✭✭
    @rylukshouja why not just meet up and do a face to face trade. Or create a blacksmith guild and use the guild bank perhaps.

My point was to point out an extreme, to be honest the fact that between my bank/Bags and the fact I can add extra to my horse I don't see we need more. The nature is that people are hoarding because they think they have to and because they can't store stuff they will probably never use its the games fault, when really its not.
    Elysium

• RylukShouja
    RylukShouja
    ✭✭✭
    @lupinemw face to face trades work fine, except for the fact that you can only trade five items at a time. A guild bank works, but then you have to be running back and forth from the table to the bank and back.
  • Lupinemw
    Lupinemw
    ✭✭✭
    I think that having something not as easy is what makes a game have some realism, otherwise why have a crafting station? Why can't I do it on the fly in the wild?

I like the fact I have to think about it at times and to be honest its made me just sell stuff or give it to another guildy rather than horde the world like some old person :disappointed_relieved:
    Elysium

• scratchnsniff
    scratchnsniff
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, each if you are correct. It made better sense in my head.
    It is however realistic to have a vault at the crafting station.

I am trying to get a guild bank. Only seven in my guild who are all friends and I have to look for three others.
    *** Now you see me***
    *** Now you don't ***
  • n0l
    n0l
    I do find it very annoying that I can't stack potions. I have a million two and three stacks taking up a lot of space.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    n0l wrote: »
    I do find it very annoying that I can't stack potions. I have a million two and three stacks taking up a lot of space.

Yeah, potions can be a bit of a trial.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • RazielDERF
    RazielDERF
    ✭✭✭
    I'm with you. Stack same like items, it was always something that other RPGs/MMOs have done prior.
  • kaosodin
    kaosodin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iove the inventory issues, I make a game of it. fat bong rip every time I see the "inventory is full" message.

Needless to say the first 2 hours of the day are fun...... after that im fighting to stay awake.....and / or try not to run in circles

Hehe
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Potions do stack...

Look at them more closely, if they aren't stacking, then they aren't the same. You can have 4-5 very similar potions (same name, same heal) but were created differently and they won't stack. Most dropped potions stack though, as do store bought ones.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com