Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wall of Elements which Morph to use?

Clarebear
Clarebear
✭✭
What are the advantages and disadvantages of each Morph for Wall of Elements or simply even which is better and why? Unstable Wall of Elements or Elemental Blockade?
  • Lynnessa
    Lynnessa
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use blockade because I don't have to aim it, and it actually makes the wall about as large as a Path of Darkness. Plus it looks badass.
    Options
  • Clarebear
    Clarebear
    ✭✭
    Lynnessa wrote: »
    I use blockade because I don't have to aim it, and it actually makes the wall about as large as a Path of Darkness. Plus it looks badass.

looking at the tooltip it doesn't look like you have to target the ground for either one.
    Options
  • catpower
    catpower
    ✭✭✭
    looking at the tooltip it doesn't look like you have to target the ground for either one.

I think Lynnessa is referring to the way you have to orient yourself in such a way as to hit the most enemies...

At any rate, I went blockade, but wish I had done the other morph as the extra duration doesn't seem to do much and even larger it still seems hard to get mobs caught in the effect, I have a feeling the aoe damage from unstable would actually be a better choice.

If respec wasn't so expensive, I would have already switched to try unstable.

Options
  • Clarebear
    Clarebear
    ✭✭
    ah ok I think I understand what you mean being as unstable is smaller.
    Options
  • Yam_of_the_Center
    Yam_of_the_Center
    ✭✭✭
    I chose the Unstable Wall of Elements as it seemed a faster way to put out more damage. I can't really say for sure if I really prefer it as I haven't tried the Elemental Blockade, but I do like how the Unstable Wall goes boom at the end, so that's a plus.

If it helps you to decide one way or the other, @Clarebear, I read a post here on the forums from a fellow that said he tested the way it works with some damage display addon and multiple casts of the Skill do not stack the damage in the same area.
    He will bring life to the dead, hope to the living, and for him the Gate will open.
    The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - the finest Elder Scrolls resource around!
    Options
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can spam either one without the walls dissapating, so the walls stack. either is good, but if your going for pure damage, get the one that blows up
    Options