Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Stone Ship in Stros M'kai?

Runefell
Runefell
✭✭✭✭
23r5s81.jpg

Are those masts new, or am I just unobservant? I don't remember them on my first time around. I remember thinking that the stone ship was a stupid clue, as nothing around there looked like a ship.
Rune Fell- Dunmer Mag Sorcerer (DC)~The Adventurer
Runed Claws- Khajiit Stam Dragonknight (DC) ~The Tank
Rain Fell- Argonian Mag Templar (EP)~ The Healer
Dragon Talon- Bosmer Stam Nightblade (AD) ~ The DPS

• reagen_lionel
    reagen_lionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I never seen those either. That has to be new. Cause I had to literally guess where that stone ship was.
    Options
  • Shiaxi
    Shiaxi
    ✭✭✭
    hrr

those are new I think; pretty sure those weren't there when I did that quest

Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those were definitely not there when I did the quest with any of my Daggerfall characters. I'm guessing they added them in because some people were having trouble figuring out that the stone formation was a ship of stone.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Options
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No wonder people got confused. Here's a proper stone ship:
    stone-ship-anundshog-sweden.jpg
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
    Options
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    They're new, just like the Seducers and Saints are new in the Sheogorath quests
    Edited by Woolenthreads on May 28, 2014 10:06AM
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
    Options
  • Sorpaijen_ESO
    Sorpaijen_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought that the actual ship with the bandits all over it was the "stone ship", because it was, like, partially petrified. Of course you have to go BEYOND that to get the actual message that you've found it, so clearly they didn't INTEND that to be the 'stone ship. The masts would definitely help, as I don't recall ANYTHING looking like a stone ship back where you get that notification.
    Options
  • Whisper292
    Whisper292
    ✭✭✭
    Those masts would have helped a lot when I spent an hour searching for the dumb thing.
    ---
    Love all, trust few, do wrong to no one. - William Shakespeare
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most definitely new...they went from virtually invisible to visually unavoidable!

That was one of the quests where you just had to run in the general direction of the next quest marker until it gave you the "Good job, next marker..."

(I remember actually counting out the paces during one step...apparently my characters measure of a pace and the games were substantially different.)

They should take it down to one broken mast, or at least split the difference on size. If there are full sized ships broken in half on the sand, I doubt a few tiny masts would have stayed so intact.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options