The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Castle of the Worm

jzholloway
jzholloway
✭✭✭
Any tips on beating the final boss with a Dragon Knight? I've tried everything I can think of and the skeletons still get me - Usually on the second round
PC/NA
  • silent88b14_ESO
    silent88b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, but failing to beat him before L30 means you'll confront a Doshia-like encounter trying to ... but I don't want to give anything away. Maybe you'll do better bursting her bubbles?
    Behold the great Oak. Just a little nut who stood his ground.
  • jzholloway
    jzholloway
    ✭✭✭
    Got it, but now I can't get the next Main Story Quest to start
    PC/NA
  • crowfl56
    crowfl56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its a tough fight, but fun, I think I died 20 times before I finally won, Templer build so not great dps. I used a fast bow, made sure I stayed healed up by killing bubbles and kited the worm, took awhile, he he.
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fighters Guild. Silver Bolts and CoP. Works for all classes.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Silver Bolts actually aren't to recommend in this quest, it makes all three skellies gang up on you...
  • Yankee
    Yankee
    ✭✭✭✭
    jzholloway wrote: »

Cannot remember what level the next main quest is, but he will not appear until you reach that level. Also, if you are already of level for the next quest I found he does not always appear until you waypoint or go to a city.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yankee wrote: »

Cannot remember what level the next main quest is, but he will not appear until you reach that level. Also, if you are already of level for the next quest I found he does not always appear until you waypoint or go to a city.

Main Quests are at every 5th level... Next should be at 25, whenever you go near a major city (Davon's Watch, Mournhold, etc)
  • jzholloway
    jzholloway
    ✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »
    Yankee wrote: »

Main Quests are at every 5th level... Next should be at 25, whenever you go near a major city (Davon's Watch, Mournhold, etc)

I'm at level 26, so I'll try and go to a major city.. thanks exery one! Anyone have any tips on promoting a guild? I started one mainly for PvE players (and to get a guild bank)... if you have any tips, please let me know, if you want to join, you can comment here or pm me (@jzholloway character: Kataran Leas) I am in the Ebonheart Pact but am open to all.
    PC/NA
  • jzholloway
    jzholloway
    ✭✭✭
    I went to Mournhold and Devons Watch, still no show
    PC/NA
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »
    Silver Bolts actually aren't to recommend in this quest, it makes all three skellies gang up on you...

They ganged up on me anyway while I did the quest and I didn't have the Silver Bolts at the time. I survived the 4th attempt because I got lucky, conserved my magic and let the summoned kill them, while I was running away. I did a lot of screaming like a little girl in rage too.

With basic Silver Bolts, it affects one target, one of the upgrades affects 2 additional targets. You protect yourself from the pull with CoP. There's no overall winning strategy for fighting Mannimarco's Adds except conserve your energy and engage one at a time or AoE and hope it's enough.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • catpower
    catpower
    ✭✭✭
    I totally lucked my way through this fight on my Templar. They got me down to a sliver, but I happened to drop the last caster skeleton, pop a potion, and get a heal off then was able to take out the other skeletons. I did have silver bolts and circle of protection at the time too and they certainly help.

For anyone struggling with this part of the quest I would say make absolutely sure you are taking out the caster skeletons first as they do a ton of damage and the fighters guild skills and passives really help with the entire main quest, not just this one.
  • aletad11_ESO
    aletad11_ESO
    ✭✭
    This quest is completely ridiculous to me, and anyone who thinks dying 20 times before beating it is fun sounds like a masochist to me! No way am I going to keep trying that many times to beat anything, that is NOT FUN, NO WAY.

I have a level 49 Templar that still hasn't done it...don't remember what level I was when I tried it, but I just never went back. That character is done for me. Got an alt DK now that just turned level 28. Figured what the heck, that's 8 levels above, it might be doable now, especially if they changed it up some. HAH! I couldn't get through the second wave of skeletons because with at least 3 of them throwing insanely damaging fire spells at me, there's just no way to survive long enough to kill them. Fire damage is crazy overpowered anyway. I even wear a Fire Resist ring, and it doesn't do squat. Sorry for the wall of text, but I'm so tired of things like this. Pretty sure I'm on the verge of leaving now, the normal quests aren't even that much fun anymore, and not being able to complete main quests is the straw that is breaking the camel's back.

For me, this game is a total failure. Most of my quilds are down to about 20% of members left, if that many so it's not just me. Zenimax I hope you have enough UBER players that love this crap to support you financially, cause if you don't....you're going down fast.

Oh and btw, don't bother with any LTP suggestions or advice, I've heard it all and it makes no difference. I've just had enough and wanted to vent ...thanks for listening. Maybe I'll be back after it goes free to play, as long as they come to their senses about the difficulty of it all....but I doubt it.