The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mac Performance after Patch 1.1.4

tttopperub17_ESO
I'm not sure what changed with Patch 1.1.4, but my fps has dropped and I have stacatto lag where the graphics skip to catch up with movement. It's worse in the city ( Shornhelm ) but still exists out in the countryside. I'm seeing this in multiple zones and character levels.

On a 2010 Mac Pro 2.8Ghz Quad-Core with 32 GB RAM and ATI 5870 graphics card. (I can post more system info if needed, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to use the spoiler window.)
  • SamWale
    SamWale
    ✭✭
    I've had this problem since 1.1.2 and it hasn't improved yet. It's ultra smooth in dungeons and countryside but still stutters every 10-20 seconds. Main issue is in busy towns and cities, the FPS drops drastically and stutters more frequently.

I'm on a Mac Pro 2.26Ghz 8-core with 20 GB RAM and GTX 660 graphics card.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    It does seem that their is a commonality in this issue for Mac Pro users. Maybe something specific with got through as they don't officially support them.

Hopefully they can take a look and see if there is anything obvious that may have changed that would impact the Mac Pro in this way.

I don't see anything like this myself on latest iMac. I don't have access to a Mac Pro to test myself.

Also, not sure whether it could be related to 10.9.3 or a driver update?

From other threads it seems it started maybe around 1.1.2.

To use the Spoiler tags just click the quote drop down menu in the top of the editor window (the backwards P icon) with the text selected.
    Edited by Moonraker on June 11, 2014 11:34AM
  • Windshadow_ESO
    Windshadow_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    On the PTS the actual gameplay on my 1.1 Mac Pro are a good deal better it auto selected high for the video setting and I am mostly above 30fps but of course the game feels like a ghost town I created a vr12 but started to go through all content as I want to work on crafting problems and this slow way is all I can do to develope a toon for crafting... I created another v12 to strip of assets to help the first....
    So absent server load effects the 1.2.x is looking good on my antique Mac Pro with 4870 video card at 1920x1200
  • beng
    beng
    ✭✭
    I still crash a lot with my iMac. Every 15-20 minutes Cyrodiil which is less than 1.0, Not more or less than 1.1.2 but at least I don't have muddy textures anymore.
    iMac mid 2011 - 2,5 Ghz Intel Core i5 - RAM 12Go - AMD Radeon HD6750M 512Mo - OS X 10.10.2
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    On the PTS the actual gameplay on my 1.1 Mac Pro are a good deal better it auto selected high for the video setting and I am mostly above 30fps but of course the game feels like a ghost town I created a vr12 but started to go through all content as I want to work on crafting problems and this slow way is all I can do to develope a toon for crafting... I created another v12 to strip of assets to help the first....
    So absent server load effects the 1.2.x is looking good on my antique Mac Pro with 4870 video card at 1920x1200
    It just reflects that a lot of the performance related issues are down to server population and how they cope under load as well as the increased demand on graphics with more players around. In closed PTS testing I hardly ever crashed even for a whole weeks play.

It's a good way to test your Mac is playing on the PTS to compare how ti runs versus live.