Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New NB! HELP pls, 2H stealth mechanics, TP/AB vs. Exe/Stamp, among other things

mlloyb16_ESO
Hey! I'm speccing my NB kind of like Conan the barbarian - medium armor, 2 hander, stealthy af (at least in the REH original books)

And I'm just wondering how sneak attack damage is applied for 2 handers, or if it is even possible, because I ALWAYS lose my "sneak" reticule just before I execute the attacke.

Regardless, I notice that if I successfully pull off a heavy attack from sneak with a two hander, the target will be knocked down despite being spotted right before the animation, but I'm not necessarily convinced that I'm doing extra damage. Furthermore, do I need to do a full power attack from sneak in order to do full sneak damage?

Additionally, if I spec into stampede as well as executioner, will I need to put points into teleport strike and assassin blade (I feel like these essentially do the same thing).

Also, can I pull of a sneak attack (heavy) from shadow power (where u go temp invisi), without having to use strife?

Thanks for the answers,

Sincerely, a noob.
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man i swear i tried... my english isnt up to the task today and everything i typed didnt make sense.

Yes 2 handed and sneak attack do work together (quite well, too).

Yes stampede and teleport strike are redundant, but i still suggest you to aquire and try both.

Sneaking and being invisible are two different statuses, only sneaking will grant you a sneak attack bonus.
    I didnt understand the "strife" part, if im not mistaken strife is a spell and does not benefit from the sneak bonus.

Someone else will explain better.
    Edited by Gisgo on June 11, 2014 2:38PM
    Options
  • mlloyb16_ESO
    Gisgo wrote: »
    Man i swear i tried... my english isnt up to the task today and everything i typed didnt make sense.

Sneaking and being invisible are two different statuses, only sneaking will grant you a sneak attack bonus.
    I didnt understand the "strife" part, if im not mistaken strife is a spell and does not benefit from the sneak bonus.

If u use strife while invis, you stun and im pretty sure do extra dmg?

How do heavy attacks work from sneak? Do I have to fully charge? In beta I could semi charge.
    Options
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If u use strife while invis, you stun and im pretty sure do extra dmg?

Thats a new for me, but i havent used strife in a long time so who knows.

I dont know if you have to fully charge, im DW, but if i was 2h i would start with Uppercut for the LOL factor :#

Options
  • mlloyb16_ESO
    Gisgo wrote: »

Yes stampede and teleport strike are redundant, but i still suggest you to aquire and try both.

Also, is speccing into teleport strike and assassin blade worth it if I'm picking up executioner and stampede in the 2H tree?
    Options
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, is speccing into teleport strike and assassin blade worth it if I'm picking up executioner and stampede in the 2H tree?

Tough question.
    Imho its not worth to have two executioners and/or two gap closers on the same bar, but its worth to have them all in your arsenal so you can experiment different builds.

Its a matter of stamina/magicka management and you have to find the right skillbar for your playstyle.

Edited by Gisgo on June 11, 2014 2:45PM
    Options