The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

GROUPSEARCH FOR LOWER DUNGEONS SHOULD BE ENABLED FOR HIGHER LEVELS

artey
artey
GROUPSEARCH FOR LOWER DUNGEONS SHOULD BE ENABLED FOR HIGHER LEVELS

As the title suggest i would like to see it happen cause at the moment its more than annoying to find a group for a lower dungeon.

And if anyone is bothered with higher level players in low level dungeongroups there should be a way regulate the max level of the group for example.

So please think about it
  • Charkat
    Charkat
    ✭✭
    I will second this request. It is not so much a problem for your native dungeons. For example, I outleveled Wayrest Sewers but I could just stand outside of the dungeon and find a group. I have no such luxury with Elden Hollow or Darkshade. I've tried to find a group in chat, but to no avail. I'm sure I'll get a group eventually, but modifying the functionality of the group finder would be very helpful.
  • MintyBadger
    MintyBadger
    ✭✭✭
    I agree too. I got carried away with the other content and outleveled some of the dungeons and now I can't access them through the party finder. Seems silly to not have access to all the dungeons.
  • doggie
    doggie
    ✭✭✭
    I remeber in Rift that high levels could join in the dungeon finder, I really hated it because it became a walk over. As long as you can turn off joining with high levels I don't have a problem with it.

But I don't want to be forced to be matched with a high level player though.
    Edited by doggie on April 13, 2014 6:14PM
  • TheRedMage
    TheRedMage
    ✭✭✭
    doggie wrote: »
    I remeber in Rift that high levels could join in the dungeon finder, I really hated it because it became a walk over. As long as you can turn off joining with high levels I don't have a problem with it.

But I don't want to be forced to be matched with a high level player though.
    That is the Mentor system if i remember the name correctly. Although they could be more strict on the scaling if they wanted to implement it into eso.
    Please try not to think I'm hostile, I'm not trying to be. I just have a hard time wording things with tact >_<.
  • TheVindelator
    TheVindelator
    ✭✭✭
    Same thing happened to me last night. Very frustrating not to be able to group.

I could totally understand giving people the option to not group with over leveled players but most people would probably welcome a little help.
  • halceonrwb17_ESO
    /Signed
  • tylerbourassab16_ESO
    /signed
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with the LFG tool is that it focuses solely on the level of the player and not the zone the player is in at that time.

I first reported this problem during a Beta back in February. I reported it during a March Beta. I reported it again earlier this month. I encourage everyone to submit bug/feedback/help tickets on this problem until it is resolved.
  • liquid_wolf
    liquid_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree that this should be allowed.

Hell I don't even mind if you de-level me for the dungeon. Would just like to re-visit the content and have some fun.
  • Bramir
    Bramir
    ✭✭✭✭
    As long as I have the option to limit the level I am willing to group with, go for it...
  • Lkory
    Lkory
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed

Also they need to fix the 48-50 dungeons disappearing from the list once you reach 49. I was only able to do one of them, unless its is a bug that i had 3 listed at 47-48.
  • Kaiem
    Kaiem
    ✭✭
    Agreed. I've really enjoyed the few dungeons I have managed to do so far but for the others I either wasn't able to get groups at the right lvl or the quest bugged and I couldn't finish them. It would be really nice to complete them but now I'm over leveled and can't use group finder it's even harder!
  • brandil
    brandil
    I thought a LFG emote might help. Especially when your standing outside that dungeon you just got killed in (several times) and you realize you could use some help. Have them plaintiffly holding up a sign that says "LFG".
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you join a group from your zone and complete the dungeon fairly well, let them know in chat that they can do the other 2 zone dungeons for that level.

Many people are not aware of this, and more often than not, they will be happy to continue the streak with the other two rather than go through the difficulty and gamble of having to find another viable group themselves.

Even if one or two members don't wish to continue, an invite in the chat window will usually yield results. Most people are delighted to experience some other content.

Worst case scenario is you have to repeat your zone's dungeon because the individual(s) joining you have not yet gotten the achievement.

I don't suspect this would be an issue in most cases, as they're helping you get the other two.

Most first timers appreciate the wisdom that comes from someone who knows some of the finer points of an instance. It also gives you the opportunity to give just the right amount of assistance while watching the 'new guys' accomplish the feat!
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS