Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Squishy resto/destro nightblade squishy levelling thru vet levels

ozgod22_eso
ozgod22_eso
✭✭✭
So I bit the bullet and converted my vet 1 melee DW medium armor nightblade into a destro/resto warlock type to see what all the fuss is about. My NB was always squishy but at least with my melee build I could burst down two mobs in a group of three before I started to take damage. But after going caster taking on 3 mobs is extremely difficult, even in the starting vet zone (Glenumbra for me). I just can't take as many hits and I can't outheal any of the damage I'm taking and my CC sucks. I'm starting to feel that the NB destro/resto is really an endgame trials/group build where there is a tank to soak most of the direct damage and a healer to bail you out to supplement your passive heals?

My melee nightblade bar was:

Ambush (opener)
Concealed Weapon (main magicka dump until <20% health)
Impale (finisher)
Rapid Strikes (main stam dump)
Flying Blade (ranged snare)

ULT: Devouring Swarm (vamp)

I switched to destro/resto with 5 pcs light 2 medium with inferno staff and my bars look like this:

Bar 1 - destro
Crippling Grasp
Funnel Health
Impale
Destructive Clench/Crushing Shock
Siphoning Attacks

Ult: Devouring Swarm

Bar 2 - resto
Crippling Grasp
Funnel Health
Impale
Restoration
Siphoning Attacks

Ult: Devouring Swarm

On either of these I take so much damage especially against mobs of 3 or more. I can't heal through it with Funnel Health and Restoration. Would remorphing Siphoning Attacks into Leeching Strikes help?

And I feel like I need to have some kind of defensive on my bar but the only one that seems to be available is Blur. Is Blur worth taking?

This could very well be a L2P issue but I felt much less squishy as melee medium and could handle mobs better. Any suggestions?
Edited by ozgod22_eso on June 10, 2014 6:31AM
  • thodoris1008
    thodoris1008
    ✭✭
    I use strife-crippling grasp-piercing mark-mass hysteria-spell symmetry while i'm leveling (currently vr8).The trick with this build is to try and control the other mobs with fear while you are nuking down your primary target.The mark will heal you back to full when you kill the mob and then you preceed killing the rest of the pack.Be careful NOT to use the mark on fire damage mobs if you are a vamp because it makes the fight much harder.You can use invigorating drain instead against these mobs.
    Options
  • Most_Awesome
    Most_Awesome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veil of blades and sap essence you will need then watch everything melt
    Options
  • Bezz
    Bezz
    ✭✭
    Volcanic Rune best cc in game.
    Options