Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Motes in the Moonlight

dark_knight0777rwb17_ESO
has any one got the Sw Beacon to work , Shazah Isn't doing her god dammed job How long is this gonna take to fix this?

• Kaliki
    Kaliki
    ✭✭✭✭
    What annoys me most about this is the unncessary quest mechanic that makes the quest bug out.
    Why does Shazah have to channel a blue ray on a npc?
    - Templars: Slower by Design® -
    Options
  • Etori
    Etori
    ✭✭✭
    This quest is really annoying me. If it was a normal quest, fine, but the fact that you need to complete it to get to CH is really pissing me off.
    Options
  • michael.whisenantb14_ESO
    Amen. I mean the only way to open DUNE is to complete Moonmount, the only way to complete Moonmount area is Motes in the Moonlight, and that is BUGGED to crap and back.
    Options
  • runepower
    runepower
    Bugged for 3 days now and no way to get to coldharbour now, zanimax just remove this part of the quest from the quest how hard is it ffs.

It's not like the game is Pay to play, oh wait it is...
    Edited by runepower on April 13, 2014 11:59AM
    Options
  • Mordikye
    Mordikye
    +1
    Options
  • Kregal
    Kregal
    still bugged :/
    Options
  • Kellhus
    Kellhus
    ✭✭
    Just to be pedantic it's not bugged in the classic sense - the quest will do what it's supposed to do. The problem here is they never accounted for the volume of players simultaneously doing the quest -- and then the exponential increase as more and more players reach it.

It can be done if you form a large raid, have all but one person stay down at the arch, and then come up without aggroing to the rocks. We got a full raid completed last night. But this requires people listening, and the luck of having no one not in the raid run up and intentionally or accidentally screw things up for you.
    Options
  • Minsc
    Minsc
    ✭✭✭
    so they never accounted that they are designing a quest for an MMO with lots of people trying to complete it at the same time?? . Sorry but it is getting frustrating 2 hours now waiting at the SW beacon .....
    Options
  • Macoy
    Macoy
    I have sent in a ticket about this and all i get back is crap

"I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulties with your quest. We believe a small family of mudcrabs has taken up shelter in our systems. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Please know we will forward this issue to our team for resolution.
    In the meantime, here are some troubleshooting tips that may help you as we work towards a more permanent solution. We recommend that you try the following:
    Typing /reloadui in your chatbox, for graphics or user-interface issues
    Typing /camp in your chatbox, which logs you out.
    Log out and exit the game then wait 15 minutes before logging back in. By doing this, you are performing a soft-reset which will clear out the cache and allow the game to load properly.
    You can venture off to complete other quests, allowing time to pass and the greater possibility being able to interact with the NPC
    It is also possible that you can return with a party and attempt the quest with a fresh start (after sharing the quest via group tab)
    As a last resort you can try abandoning the quest and re-acquire it"

i have told them this will not work and no waiting the next response.
    Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Etori wrote: »
    This quest is really annoying me. If it was a normal quest, fine, but the fact that you need to complete it to get to CH is really pissing me off.

You do NOT need this quest to go to coldharbor. That quest is auto granted at level 45 once you enter a city. There is no need to do motes to go there. You also do not need to pay anyone to port you there.
    Options
  • GurthangSw0rd
    GurthangSw0rd
    Soul Shriven
    After dying a couple of times, I found a simple way to finish this quest.

As you look at where he spawns at the top of the steps.

Now look to the right hand corner of the room, and there are 4 statues there and one has its head removed.

Choose a ranged weapon - I used a restoration staff.

Get his attention with a shot, then run and jump up onto the top of the broken head - needs two jumps to get on top.

Fight till he falls with ranged; no tigers joined in in my case.

Relatively easy kill and didn't need to heal.

Quest finished.

Move on to Dune.

;-))
    Options