Unbearable Lag (VR8 Ravenspire)

WhitePawPrints
WhitePawPrints
✭✭✭✭✭
Have had issues with lag before, such as Malabal Tor being a lag infested zone but now the lag has become so bad I cannot play at all. Five to ten second delays while in combat in Rivenspire as a VR8 zone is automatically death. Especially since the Daggerfall zones, Stormhaven and Rivenspire have the most serious case of infection of healers being in every corner in the zone. These healers can heal faster than my Soul Strike does damage, and add to even a half second delay in my CC abilities will cause for me to lose the fight.

Don't tell me its my own game client's corruption because I know that since patch 1.1.2, nearly every zone has at least FPS issues now. Every city has FPS issues. All specific to my superior Mac, and not present on my PC.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have had issues with lag before, such as Malabal Tor being a lag infested zone but now the lag has become so bad I cannot play at all. Five to ten second delays while in combat in Rivenspire as a VR8 zone is automatically death. Especially since the Daggerfall zones, Stormhaven and Rivenspire have the most serious case of infection of healers being in every corner in the zone. These healers can heal faster than my Soul Strike does damage, and add to even a half second delay in my CC abilities will cause for me to lose the fight.

Don't tell me its my own game client's corruption because I know that since patch 1.1.2, nearly every zone has at least FPS issues now. Every city has FPS issues. All specific to my superior Mac, and not present on my PC.
    Going to need some more detail than provided to help. Can you provide system setup details such as graphics card, OS X version, installed RAM etc.

Can you confirm you have tried with all Addons disabled.

You mention lag and latency though the two are not related. Lag is mostly server side unless your CPU is lower end. FPS drop may be otherwise but hard to say without the details.

I don't have any FPS drop myself over the various patch updates.

Is this in all zones of specific zones you mentioned?
  • Draekken
    Draekken
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same issue.

My machine ran the game on maximum graphics settings without issue before the 1.2 patch, with a bunch of add-ons.

Now it chugs along, hitching for several seconds at times. Sometimes it does this every few seconds, making even simple things very frustrating. Turning off addons does not help, and turning graphics down does little either.

My machine is a Mac Pro with 8 cores and a Radeon 5770. Its old but as I said, it ran the game perfectly before with all the pretty stuff turned on at around 40fps.

Now it runs like crap.

• Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Draekken wrote: »
    I have the same issue.

My machine ran the game on maximum graphics settings without issue before the 1.2 patch, with a bunch of add-ons.

Now it chugs along, hitching for several seconds at times. Sometimes it does this every few seconds, making even simple things very frustrating. Turning off addons does not help, and turning graphics down does little either.

My machine is a Mac Pro with 8 cores and a Radeon 5770. Its old but as I said, it ran the game perfectly before with all the pretty stuff turned on at around 40fps.

Now it runs like crap.
    Said it already on other threads but the Mac Pro is noted as unsupported so perhaps there is an issue that cropped up in 1.1.2 (1.2 is not released yet unless this is on PTS) but without testing it could go unseen and if it's specific to older Mac Pros then it can also be related to the different firmware for the GPU or change in 10.9.3 etc to other Macs.

From what I understand the Mac ESO client works fine on the new Mac Pro models which points to something on older Mac Pros. Hard to say beyond that.