The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

NPC Healer Envy

Morimizo
Morimizo
✭✭✭✭✭
This is just a humble request of the community to identify the fabulous spell/ability the NPC healers/menders cast with great proficiency in the later levels of the game. And may it be possible for this one to possess such power?

Example: This one begins a fight with a common 3-piece mob; two melee and one mender, all at same level as this one. Knowing from previous experience that healers should be targeted first, this one concentrates solely on defeating them first. This one braves many sword slashes, dodges many arrows, and manages to injure the mender to a sliver of its health. There is still a sliver left of the mender health bar though, and it starts to raise its left hand, seemingly in preparation to cast a spell/ability, but the healing starts before the animation for the hand finishes, raising the health of itself and its brethren to the top. Now this one knows through experience that these mobs often have between 1500-2000 HP a piece. This one also searches for comparable healing skills/abilities in current character classes, but finds nothing close. An Ultimate ability really helps to eliminate menders fast, but this one likes to save these infrequently available skills for boss encounters.

Health potions, even made by a talented alchemist, often heal just over 10% of health instantly, and another less than 10% over 10 seconds, and have a cooldown of 30 seconds.

As a Templar, this one can instantly heal about 15% of health, but this costs 20% of magicka pool, so cannot fully heal without much regen time passing.

A simple, very common encounter like this reminds this one of sweeping a porch next to a great sand dune on a particularly windy day back home in Elsweyr.
  • Enkshar
    Enkshar
    ✭✭
    Around vr 7 or 8 healers can heal through my soul assault (does alsmot 900dps) as nothing.

For healing u should look for critical, spell cost reduction and resto staff and u can get huge number with breath of life and passive that increase healing to ppl inside cleaninsing ritual and more critical when ally is low health. I have around 40% critical chance with light armor, mage light and set bonus plus passive its almost 100% crit against low health allies. My crits can heal around 50%-75% of a high health tank.

My tactic against healers is volcanic rune and the moment they start flying use soul assault that gets most of healers unless there 2 of them in group then ur fcked
  • infraction2008b16_ESO
    infraction2008b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Usually in most MMO's the general rule is like you said to go for healer adds first, but that doesn't seem to work in this game because the NPC's will heal to infinity and even if you interrupt they start casting heals again straight after. What I figured worked best is to attack another add and wait for the healer to cast, once that happens then I jump on the healer.
  • subecsanur
    subecsanur
    ✭✭✭
    Lol I said the same thing when an archer type NPC was able to quickly cast a large pet that can charge and stun and poison you. I looked and all we get is the ability to cast these 2 shades that really are so worthless whilst this pet hits like a truck and when the ranger dies still does yet ours dies with us.

When can we get these hunter type abilities with nice charging stunning pets?
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enkshar wrote: »

For healing u should look for critical, spell cost reduction and resto staff and u can get huge number with breath of life and passive that increase healing to ppl inside cleaninsing ritual and more critical when ally is low health. I have around 40% critical chance with light armor, mage light and set bonus plus passive its almost 100% crit against low health allies. My crits can heal around 50%-75% of a high health tank.

This one thanks you for your advice. Many times the consideration of changing from medium to light armor has appealed to this one, because of the experience with weapon critical damage.

If someone could further extrapolate:

Does weapon critical %,
    a) Increase CHANCE of critical hit (because going from 0 to 30% now has shown no change in frequency for this one; maybe once per hour of combat does a critical hit fire, if noticed at all, using bow light and heavy attacks), OR

b) Increase DAMAGE of critical hit, leaving the chance unaltered (at some infinitesimal amount, like 0.5%)

This one is very skeptical if the answer is A, but certainly allows for not understanding this mechanic so well.

• Enkshar
    Enkshar
    ✭✭
    Its not B cause i always crits for the same value no matter how much weapon critical chance i have with bitting jabs.

I havent track much of templar weapon criticas as ive been force to go all magika with resto staff and range skills to be able to survive vr content. ALso note that most of templar skills use spell crit and not weapon crit (all ranged ones as javelin, and almost sure spear shard as well. need to test it as well as focuse charge)

Tomorrow ill try to make some test and let u know.
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    subecsanur wrote: »
    When can we get these hunter type abilities with nice charging stunning pets?
    When Zeni figures out how to program a working player pet AI.

Heck, or even a simple thing like the NPCs do. Point at a target and command, "Now, KILL!"
    Edited by Sihnfahl on June 1, 2014 12:51AM
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And then came Cassia Varo, Abamath, Malabal Tor, Aldmeri Dominion. Now here's a Healer Extraordinaire.

THIS CREATURE IS TOO STRONG FOR THAT EFFECT.

Upon the slightest skosh of damage, she heals. Nothing interrupts this, as far as this one can tell. Poison Arrow should theoretically work, but it simply cannot be used often enough to make a sufficient dent in the boss' health bar. Really foolish to expect a Templar/Bow to be capable of such a feat? VR3 sorcerer as well, never ran into an uber healer like this in the Daggerfall Covenant. Even Mannimarco and Molag Bal don't do this junk. Any ideas? This boss appears to be solo-instanced as well, so no real help. Come back when way overleveled?

Has the healing been wrongly overpowered like the VR mobs with the patch?
  • elvigy01
    elvigy01
    ✭✭
    Have to agree in general the healer NPCs, even the trash mobs ones, are OP. I have a Templar at VR2 and I can only look on in envy at what they can do.

And Cassia, having just killed her tonight, is utterly ridiculous. I did manage to solo her but considering I was 6 levels above her (using my Sorc alt) she was still a touch and go situation.
  • Jimm_ay
    Jimm_ay
    ✭✭✭
    There is one mish in vr3 content where if you chose wrong you have to fight this guy who has heals for days. He even has the Templar Ultimate heal. I used the destro staff crushing shock stunning and putting them off balance for 3 seconds. I think I got him under 50 % but he heals so much , even with interrupts..I just don't put out the dps..and it is one of those missions you can't team on...brilliant.
  • sajackson
    sajackson
    ✭✭✭
    VR Healers seem pretty amazing really. From VR 3 upwards they seem to have

a) Unlimited Magika or fantastic Magika Regen
    b) A channeled heal that heals to full in about 2 ticks making it virtually impossible to interrupt.

As a templar even in 1 v 1 scenarios it can take a while to down them because unless I can get a powered attack coming out of stealth on them (which sometimes just isn't possible due to mob position) its rare then I can get enough burst dps on them to prevent them from healing and then I'm in the position of not being able to interrupt them fast enough due to the issue described in b) so as you can probably tell in this situation it can turn into a full 15-round boxing match. My worst nightmare is a pack of 3 mobs with one of these dudes in it - they just eat me alive if i try to do them solo.

The healer npcs really need to be tuned down to some more realistic output levels - either cap the amount of Magika they have or seem to be able to regen or lower the throughput of their healing spells because to be honest the current situation is a joke.
    Edited by sajackson on June 1, 2014 2:53PM
  • Enkshar
    Enkshar
    ✭✭
    Morimizo wrote: »
    Enkshar wrote: »

This one thanks you for your advice. Many times the consideration of changing from medium to light armor has appealed to this one, because of the experience with weapon critical damage.

If someone could further extrapolate:

Does weapon critical %,
    a) Increase CHANCE of critical hit (because going from 0 to 30% now has shown no change in frequency for this one; maybe once per hour of combat does a critical hit fire, if noticed at all, using bow light and heavy attacks), OR

b) Increase DAMAGE of critical hit, leaving the chance unaltered (at some infinitesimal amount, like 0.5%)

This one is very skeptical if the answer is A, but certainly allows for not understanding this mechanic so well.

Did some testing with bow. Light attacks crit as many times as weapon critical indicates on character info, but heavy attacks seem to have less critical chance than this. I did this test while having thieve stone active maybe i need to redo test with out stone to check if stone isnt working as it should with heavy attacks (test were done using +/- 180 heavy/light attacks on low lv mobs mainly cause mobs being close to thieve stone :P, did one test with higer weapon critical and lower spell critical and another one with high spell critical and low weap critical chance)

Also did some test with blazing spear. As Thought blazing spear and its dot blazing spear pulse crit with spell critical chance and both benefit of piercing spear passive. Also blazing spear pulse activates blazing light (pasive of templar aedric spear class) and it may crit but seems to be using weapon critical chance. I need to do longer test but i found that the chance to get blazing light active was something like 14% when it should be 25%.

Just to clarify my conclusion are just "preliminar" as test werent done thoroughly so just take them as thing they need to be look further and not as bugged/broken.

Finally, hope someone find this useful :)

• Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Enkshar, thanks for the testing! This one could easily believe that bow heavy attacks were for some reason not working properly regarding the critical weapon chance, and only the light attacks.

Supposedly all skills that use magicka should be influenced by spell crit %, and all skills that use stamina should use weapon crit %, but many seem to think this is not universally the case, as you are finding. Makes for a confusing time. There really should be more information, particularly while re-specs are so ludicrously expensive.
  • Enkshar
    Enkshar
    ✭✭
    @Morimizo For magicka skills, the general rule is that if skill is ranged it uses spell critical chance and if its melee it uses weapon critical. Cant tell for stamina skills but those are mainly weapon skill, except for some fighter guilds skills, so i guess they should use weapon critical
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And then I ran into another of these lovelies, during the conclusion of the quest, "Bad Medicine." The boss has the ability to fully and limitlessly heal at any time, and also there is a 3-piece mob with yet another healer, so if you concentrate on one, the other one is healing, and the two always stay on opposite sides of the room, healing each other.

As far as I know, you can't interrupt two healers standing in different locations simultaneously.

There were other players around, but after one or two tries, I noticed people just leaving. F**k it and gone, people overleveled even. I also left, totally sick of this game mechanic.

Doesn't anyone play their own game anymore, and if they do, this is a pleasurable experience??!?
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sneak attack and CC. Every class can sneak attack and anyone can unlock some sort of CC. But in all honesty, the very best out of both of those.. is crowd control. You said you used volcanic rune that works, but if there's two healers why not throw both up in the air? Or stun the other? Etc...
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "As far as I know, you can't interrupt two healers standing in different locations simultaneously."

Opposite sides of the room. Perhaps at level 12 you have volcanic rune already, which I highly doubt, but this has a radius of effect. If both healers are standing 20 meters apart, good luck. And CC doesn't work on Cassia Varo.