Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Heads to E3"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article ESO Heads to E3. Let us know what you thought of the trailer, and be sure to stop by the booth and say hello if you'll be attending E3!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • fyendiarb16_ESO
    fyendiarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome video that clearly shows how beautiful this game really is. Nicely done!
  • huginot
    huginot
    Soul Shriven
    Yes that video looks incredible. I'm set to ultra everything in game, but I don't look this good.
  • fusedshadow
    fusedshadow
    ✭✭
    More than any other game, The Elder Scrolls music is what really makes these exciting videos epic for me; it makes me feel like I'm epic when I'm playing (even though I'm not really) and makes me want to drop everything and get right back to the game. And that's what it's supposed to do, right? It stays in my head and when I'm somewhere else I start thinking about my "other life" and what I need to do there. Looking forward to your E3 presentation.
  • Voidous
    Voidous
    Soul Shriven
    All this footage is just recycled from all of the old trailers/videos... Seems lazy.
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately Zenimax that is all it is, it in no way reflects the quality of the game !

If you guys ever go into the animated movie business I promise you I'll buy your stuff, its fantastic. However when you release a video that will be shown at something as prestigious as E3 have the courage to be honest.
    Show a video showing all the broken classes, the endless botts and gold selling spam. Give the E3 attendees a taste of the endless downtimes, constant nerfs or the plethora of complaints here on the forums.

Hype like this might be good for keeping the suits happy as they grasp at our cash with their grubby little hands but we know the truth.
    As a side note, just how many man-hours went into making this E3 spectacle ? Would be any chance those hours have been better spent fixing and refining 'OUR' game ! ! !

:(
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol my thread got many posts, this one got...lol
    Pity another thread gets closed just because Zenimax don't like the truth !

:/
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • HandofBane
    HandofBane
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing at all wrong with the video, it accurately portrays both the current veteran and Cyrodiil gameplay. 3 people with nobody else around in veteran zones (besides Craglorn), and a rolling zerg in Cyrodiil being the only way to accomplish anything besides the solo quests/delves is a fitting way to advertise the game's content as it stands today.
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL-ed at "Join Your Friends"

Watching the video makes me feel nostalgic, as if I've done everything in ESO and it's all a memory now. I guess it's partially because of the old footage?

Time to move on and "Live Another Life"?

NO.

Please announce something cool at E3. The 4th June Road Ahead just doesn't have the hype. I hope to see announcement for Thieves and the Brotherhood at E3, I don't care if it's September, an announcement will do.
    People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
    Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions
  • Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phantax wrote: »
    Unfortunately Zenimax that is all it is, it in no way reflects the quality of the game !

If you guys ever go into the animated movie business I promise you I'll buy your stuff, its fantastic. However when you release a video that will be shown at something as prestigious as E3 have the courage to be honest.
    Show a video showing all the broken classes, the endless botts and gold selling spam. Give the E3 attendees a taste of the endless downtimes, constant nerfs or the plethora of complaints here on the forums.

Hype like this might be good for keeping the suits happy as they grasp at our cash with their grubby little hands but we know the truth.
    As a side note, just how many man-hours went into making this E3 spectacle ? Would be any chance those hours have been better spent fixing and refining 'OUR' game ! ! !

:(

Clearly the people making the videos are not the same who work on fixes. And "endless downtimes" are a bit of an exaggeratng too.

And the complaints on forums? Please visit any forum of any game and see if it is not full of complaints, they are always full of "nerf this, buff that, give this, change that" stuff.
    "The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn
  • Noshiz
    Noshiz
    ✭✭
    Nice vid, wish i could be in E3 to see all the announcements first hand.
  • the.dzeneralb16_ESO
    You guys are absolutely right...they should show off all the bugs and issues, instead of the good parts of the game.

Grow up. This video is cool, It would've been awesome if they added some screenshots from large battles in cyro or in populated cities

Sorry, this game is awesome.
  • kedz54
    kedz54
    ✭✭✭
    HandofBane wrote: »
    Nothing at all wrong with the video, it accurately portrays both the current veteran and Cyrodiil gameplay. 3 people with nobody else around in veteran zones (besides Craglorn), and a rolling zerg in Cyrodiil being the only way to accomplish anything besides the solo quests/delves is a fitting way to advertise the game's content as it stands today.

Lol you must be joking. I see people all over.

Dunmer Sorcerer
  • grizzbi
    grizzbi
    ✭✭✭
    Beautiful video for a beautiful game!
  • DonKiller
    DonKiller
    ✭✭
    Great Video.

BUT we do not play with the Video, the combat needs many more changes.
    And EU Server needs a transfer in EU.
    And Swap Weapon needs more priority.
    And...
    ...but
    Great Video.
  • redwoodtreesprite
    redwoodtreesprite
    ✭✭✭
    Video is beautiful and makes me feel sad. :(

Game isn't worth playing right now, but the world is so beautiful. The designers made a world so wonderful, but the actual gameplay is not so wonderful...
  • Enkshar
    Enkshar
    ✭✭
    Nice video, it shows what ESO wants to be but thats not happening soon, maybe in 6-12 months.
  • robertlive2014
    robertlive2014
    ✭✭✭
    Great video! There is no shortage of artistic talent on the ZOS team.
  • Tarwin
    Tarwin
    ✭✭✭
    Wish I was at E3 :( . I watched the Xbox One thing this morning and no mention of ESO? Is that because it's not exclusive?
  • megonna2000
    megonna2000
    Soul Shriven
    great video, just wished they put that much effort into the game and fix the damn interface lag, and the major lag you get in PvP im almost at the point where I'm going to leave and come back in afew months time, in pvp with 100's off players i can understand, but the interface lag is just killing the game for me, I'm sure most of you feel the same, :) good hunting all
    Edited by megonna2000 on June 9, 2014 10:41PM
  • Soliduparrow
    Soliduparrow
    ✭✭✭
    Are you guys going to announce free to play at E3? I do not even see a reason to go if you arent because everyone already knows about this game.
  • sovreign
    sovreign
    ✭✭✭
    wow, popular thread this one, is this the entire ESO community in here?
    "Soon you will see, that evil will always triumph, because good ... Is dumb"
    -Dark Helmet, Spaceballs
  • Juraigr
    Juraigr
    ✭✭✭✭
    kedz54 wrote: »
    HandofBane wrote: »

Lol you must be joking. I see people all over.
    Im still seeing many ppl in the lower end zones like glenumbra and the island before it, its freakinf amazing this game aint going nowhere and im talking about new ppl low levels
    EU Worst DK , Best DK Singapore and NA also known as 'Special Snowflake'

Jurra - V14 Dragonknight Rank 38 August Palatine
    Jurra Hex - V14 Sorcerer Rank 25 Colonel [SEMI-RETIRED until Zos fix this BS sorc nonsense]

LA DK Still OP :P

One of the Three Light Armor DK's

#200StandardOfMightFFS
    #RevertAshCloud
    #RevertNewAnimations
    #RevertUltiGain

#FixMoltenWhip

Grinding my way to August Palatine finally made it, still holding a torch for eso so now imma filthy casual
  • Kavid
    Kavid
    Reminds me of a Peacock, beautiful to look at and not much use for anything else.
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Video is beautiful and makes me feel sad. :(

Game isn't worth playing right now, but the world is so beautiful. The designers made a world so wonderful, but the actual gameplay is not so wonderful...

I am honestly sorry that you feel that way.

Primarily this is because I have been having a superb time in this game since the first hour of early access until I, again, played too late last night and ended up cutting back on sleep so I could play "just one more hour". It makes me sad to hear that other people aren't having as much fun as I, and many of my guildmates, are having.
  • drakevalianceub17_ESO
    drakevalianceub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    The people on the forums who are complaining "this game sucks", or "Go free to Play already"are the LOUD few whining about this and that and they are not the representatives of the entire community in any way. This game is awesome, its not Skyrim but if I wanted Skyrim id play Skyrim, i'm playing ESO because I want to play with tons of other people and have fun, adventure together and roleplay among other things.
  • DonKiller
    DonKiller
    ✭✭
    The people on the forums who are complaining "this game sucks", or "Go free to Play already"are the LOUD few whining about this and that and they are not the representatives of the entire community in any way. This game is awesome, its not Skyrim but if I wanted Skyrim id play Skyrim, i'm playing ESO because I want to play with tons of other people and have fun, adventure together and roleplay among other things.

Pay for Roleplay, is not the right way.

:smile:
  • CASP3R421
    CASP3R421
    ✭✭✭
    A wise man once told me that a good way to measure your success is to count your haters, the more you have the better you are doing.

Would like to see more gms hunting bots and goldspammers, but bots and spammers reflect the community, not the game. This game rocks, keep it up zeni!

My Alt is a Mer

Due to the excessive amount of bait that we had to remove, this thread will remain closed
  • LeElohmb14_ESO
    LeElohmb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Seems to me the only people hating at the moment are bots. Change to free to play? What? So the bot influx can start again?
    The only reason there was a problem working on content was because they had to kill the bot problem. The bot problem wouldn't be quite as bad had people on the forums talking about how the early island experience wasn't elder scrollsy enough.
    A starter zone is a natural buffer for bots and mass spammers. But you know... you had a company actually listen to people. Then they had to spend much more time dealing with the repercussions rather than, for instance, making the thieves guild.
  • cuz_mike200
    cuz_mike200
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know when the ESO presentation at E3 with be post on the website?
  • Breg_Magol
    Breg_Magol
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love ESO. I think the video is representative and despite what I read on the forums, I see a steady influx of players every-time I'm online.

ESO has been improving steadily since I started with it from the beginning .. and I've only now achieved V1. There is so much here .. thank you Zenimax!

Brechador, dunmer NB .. stamina based, dual wield and bow .. I have to work at it, choose my battles, do the recon .. but that alone makes it worth the experience.