Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

NB bow/DW dagger + medium needs help

SWEtree
SWEtree
im VT3 and im single target specced both in DW and BOW. And im vamp but not using any of the skills atm (still having the passive ones) My DW bar is
Blinding Flurry-Funnel health-surprise attack-Shadowy Disguise and Fire Rune from mage guild (need to lvl it up for volcanic)
my BOW bar is poison arrow-Impale-Magnum shot--Lethal arrow and Piercing mark.
HP 1400 ish magicka 1670 and stamina 1400ish (very high stamina reg)
I can defeat most mobs 1v1 if i dont screw up,then i go down faster than very fast.
2 mobs is a 50/50.
The question is: Should i remove the medium armor (all those badass crits) and focus on mixing it with heavy armor or thats not the problem? How are the rest of you bow/dw NBs doing it?
No need to point out my bad spelling because i know that :blush:
Edited by SWEtree on June 6, 2014 2:38PM
Balance ftw
  • GeeYouWhy
    GeeYouWhy
    ✭✭✭
    You need Siphoning Attacks to restore your resources. Buff you HP and used Veil of Blades as your Ultimate (this made a huge difference for me and I was able to pull fights and recover where as before I would die).
    Konrandir, Vampire Sorcerer
    Options
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what my DW bar looks like for soloing quests and what not:

Dark Cloak (or shadowy disguise, I like the dot removal)
    Concealed Weapon (Surprise attack better, but I pvp a lot)
    Assassins Blade or Impale
    Blood craze/Rapid Strikes/Flying Blade
    Siphoning Strikes

GeeYouWhy had it right, you really need Siphoning Strikes. I usually toggle it when I see packs of three or even two sometimes. You can toggle off mid-fight if you are good on resources.

Veil of Blades is the best ultimate we have. If you aren't adverse to using it, the vampire ultimate is pretty amazing as well.

Don't use Fire Rune, wait until you get the morph. Just put that skill on your bar when you turn in quests. If you want some AoE, you can use Steel Tornado and Sap Essence. Sap Essence heals you and builds crazy ultimate.

I stopping using Bow for pve. I usually have a resto staff as my second weapon for any oh crap moments.

Medium armor is fine, but I would wear two pieces of light if you have the skill points. Light armor just makes things easier.
    Edited by Worstluck on June 6, 2014 8:09PM
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
    Options
  • Arreyanne
    Arreyanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a vr5 DW/Bow siphon strikes on both bars volcanic rune on the range bar

Cant help much more than that stopped playing her 30 days ago

Oh ya the vampire drain on the dw bar and the siphon heal on the bow bar

Works good but just one hell of a tedious grind

Worse than trying to grind PvP gear in Pre F2P Tera
    Options
  • SWEtree
    SWEtree
    Thanks for the help:)
    Balance ftw
    Options
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More tips if you want:
    1. put 49 points into health, better return on points spent
    2. make/put together two sets of armor, light/medium, mix and match on situation (heavy will not let you survive longer solo)
    3. enchant armor with magicka and health
    4. magicka is king, just the way it is
    5. eat stam, stam/magicka food
    6. get health pots from gstore or zone that restore health/stamina/magicka - you will need them B)
    7. if you don't have already, get at least 1000 fire resist because of vamp weakness; i bought a purple ring at level 50 with 1000 fire resist, for 2k gold from gstore, cheap. if you can afford, get 1350 resist, even if dunmer - those imps wont hurt so much

Magicka buffs all your Nightblade skills damage (but don't forget about physical crit). Unfortunately magicka is king right now, whether that is good or bad, just the way it is. I believe there are good stamina damage builds, I just don't know any sorry. I've always played magicka-based Nightblade/mage style. In Oblivion, Nightblades specialized in magic and came with good blade, acrobatics, restoration, destruction, light armor skills, etc and I've always played them that way since.
    Edited by Worstluck on June 7, 2014 3:40PM
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
    Options
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what i like to run is marked target + killers blade on my DW bar. Basically when i see someone near 25% health i mark and then hit + killers blade = 55-58% heal. Its very good for healing yourself.
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
    Options
  • Tripp3r
    Tripp3r
    ✭✭✭
    NB - DW Swords + Bow
    Assassination
    Shadow
    Vamp
    Medium (full set)
    VR3

it's all about managing your abilities i know how it feels but recently i did a day of theory crafting on my character and now i mow down mobs.
    Options
  • Drachdhar
    Drachdhar
    ✭✭✭
    This works, even if it is not terribly great, for me...

DW Bar:
    1: Heated Blades, negates a mob for 4 secs
    2: Dark Cloak, removes conditions... Good stuff, especially when they get it working properly.
    3: Surprise Attack, do I need say more?
    4: Ambush or Mark Target or Killers Blade... something assassination for the extra crit.
    5: Invigorating Drain
    Ulti: Veil of Blades or Soul Tether

Bow Bar
    1: Venom Arrow
    2: Soul Siphon
    3: Cripple or Volcanic Rune
    4: Magnum Shot
    5: Mark Target
    Ulti: Same as above

Armor: 5 Medium and 2 Light
    49 into health with magicka and stamina enchants on gear and magicka/stamina food. 2k health, almost 1900 magicka and a little over 1700 stamina at v2.

It could be better... But in part I think that is mostly due to NB being "slightly" crappy when compared to the other classes. Barely play my NB anymore anyway, or my other veteran char... Veteran Ranks suck...
    Options
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblades as useless whatever weapon/ability combination you will use,thats what i face at least.
    We have a good class as i said before...for killing 2k2 mobs ultra fast.Just for that. I totally agree with your post.

But as i said again,i am not going to level up a DK or whatever to play the game.I have another 60 payied days on my account when they come to an end if nightblades are not fixed in their DPS ability...
    I will uninstall to save my hard disk drive space.

I think if we all do the same they will do something.
    Options
  • LariahHunding
    LariahHunding
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a weird build based around siphoning and 2-handed sword.

I can crouch up to the first target, and heavy attack 1400 dmg right off the go, drain power, light attack, impale for 600-700 on normal trash mobs. On a 2-pack, this lets me take the first one in a hurry, the initial heavy attacks stuns the other for a few seconds (splash damage), then its blocking, siphoning, waiting for a heavy attack I can stun or a skill attack I can interrupt, then knock'em down and stomp on them.

It ain't pretty and it ain't fast, but it gets the job done.

3-packs are more of an adventure. However, I can take out the ranged/healer/caster first (sometimes I can one shot them off the crouch), I can survive usually with siphoning and pots with this method.

However, I usually take out the first, blocking while spamming siphoning/drain power, pop soul tether ult (which stuns everyone) to recharge health, impale, impale.

This usually works for 4-pack too.

5-pack, bend over and spread them.

I know this is not the most efficient way to pay, but I love beating things into the ground with a 2-handed sword, and it ain't press this and this and this, I win.

Grouping - buy fire staff and a dress (my second skill line). Melee just don't work for me for needed dps in group. Well, this is the easy version.

EDIT: 2-pack easy version - Use maleficent wreath (12 secs root) on one mob, draw the other to you to avoid splash damage which would free the first. Siphon. block stun, knock down, beat down. Rest, repeat on the other.

Edited by LariahHunding on June 9, 2014 3:41PM
    "Give a man a sweet roll, he only has one to steal. Give him a sweet roll recipe, he have bunches to steal."

Options
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To take down groups of 3 I use.

SLOT 1: Strife/Swallow Soul - One shot early to get healing regen
    SLOT 2: Veiled Strike / Surprise Attack
    SLOT 3: Shadow Cloak/Dark Cloak
    SLOT 4: Scatter Shot/Magnum Shot
    SLOT 5: Poison Arrow/Venom Arrow

Sneak behind healer of the 3 if there is one. If not, archer/caster.

Que a heavy bow attack and hold. Open with veiled strike AND AT THE EXACT SAME TIME let go of your heavy attack. Plus 1 or 2 venom arrows and 1 target is dead.

Next I Magnum shot the remaining two to push me away and them away.

Then I unload on one with non-stop venom arrows and a Strife to get healing regen'ing. If it's taking a while, I'll Dark Cloak with a veiled strike #2, magnum shot #3 to put is ass back in place, then load up a heavy shot on #2 to drop him down...and finish him off.

Now to #3. Easy, if health is low, magnum shot him, Dark cloack, veiled strike...#3 or a 1 on 1, shouldn't even get an attack off on you if you're doing it right.

Recommend to boost Magic and Health through food.

Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
    Options
  • Frinkles
    Frinkles
    ✭✭
    for all those not using a siphon ability in their DW bar... you do know the 8%+ Magicka passive only triggers when you have a siphoning skill right?
    Options