Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fixing Stamina/Magicka Balance

rob_aspinneb18_ESO
Just a few ideas to improve the balance between stamina and magicka, stamina being a very poor relative currently.

*Stop sprint from draining stamina and instead have a sprint bar, just like with a horse, that doesn't reduce your stamina resource. Passives can still make you sprint faster, and items can still reduce how fast the bar goes down but you no longer invest in it. Maybe it increases a little as you level.

*Improve stamina abilities to be comparable with magicka abilities.

*Add weapon skill line ultimates so there are a lot more stamina based ultimates to choose from.

*Change CC breaking significantly. Keep block, and dodge and some cc breaks using stamina as the resource but change others to use magicka instead. Some cc breaks would be more about mental willpower than physical strength, make those ones use magicka to break them (fear, silence even stun could all break using magicka). Try and ensure there is an even amount of ccs in the game that break off each resource. Seek balance.

Some might say having magicka break some ccs makes it more useful, but it would be balanced if stamina skills were made comparable to magicka ones. Others might not want to take a magicka hit to break cc, welcome to the world of a player trying to play a stamina build currently. Its so unbalanced its not even funny.

That currently stamina skills are worse, and stamina also carries the drain of being used for block, dodge and all cc seems like a massive oversight and is gimping stamina builds.

I think this would shake things up a bit and certainly make for more hard choices and a genuine variety in builds. At the moment you are a caster or you are underpowered it seems.
Edited by rob_aspinneb18_ESO on June 6, 2014 9:49AM
  • catpower
    catpower
    ✭✭✭
    Having some cc break using magicka seems like a great idea to me and dare I say, more realistic (always ironic given the context)?
    Options