Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Archer complaint

crowfl56
crowfl56
✭✭✭✭✭
sorry but have to vent. Why in heavens name did u make the archers (enemy) so strong ? Its completely out of balance. I am plate, with very high AC but no matter what if I go up against a archer and don't kill him right off, im dead, can't block its shots and now they have some kind of explosive shot that is insane dmg.
Come on dev's get off the coffee and adjust their arrow dmg to something less silly.
  • Whisper292
    Whisper292
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed this. The good news is if you're an archer, you can do that same AoE affect with the scorched ground. The bad news is that it's slow and doesn't work as well on them as it does when they do it. It's very annoying. My advice until/unless they nerf them is to work on your dodge roll and try to charge them.
    ---
    Love all, trust few, do wrong to no one. - William Shakespeare
    Options
  • shadowz081
    shadowz081
    ✭✭✭
    crowfl56 wrote: »
    sorry but have to vent. Why in heavens name did u make the archers (enemy) so strong ? Its completely out of balance. I am plate, with very high AC but no matter what if I go up against a archer and don't kill him right off, im dead, can't block its shots and now they have some kind of explosive shot that is insane dmg.
    Come on dev's get off the coffee and adjust their arrow dmg to something less silly.

What? Only their 'skills' does any significant damage, and they are easily avoidable while their auto attacks are just weak. Advice, do not stand in the giant red circle where arrow rain down on you and move out of the giant red cone before they arrow spray...Usually you see very obvious cues on when to do say...And if your having that much trouble, just AoE them with impulse or steel tornado, and IIRC, most other classes have their own personal AoE as well.

And finally enemies are so strong is because they are dumb...Very, very dumb, so to balance it out, you the player are forced to use your brain a bit when dealing with them...Also what level are you and how long have you been playing?
    Whisper292 wrote: »
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed this. The good news is if you're an archer, you can do that same AoE affect with the scorched ground. The bad news is that it's slow and doesn't work as well on them as it does when they do it. It's very annoying. My advice until/unless they nerf them is to work on your dodge roll and try to charge them.

Arrow spray+morphs are instant cast, compared to the short charge que you see on the enemy and scorched earth seems slow because you are a human compared to an AI who has high processing speeds and capable of casting said skill in a microsecond, but is really instant cast the moment you click a second time and finally, you can move after you cast it, unlike the AI stuck there shooting up and can be interrupted or kept temporarily occupied as you deal with the other adds. Also your advice is what most people do, dodge, move out the way, interrupt, charge and CC...Do you honestly just want to stand in one spot spamming skills and not die?

Also AIs are dumb and are easily exploitable one way or another with a very small skills combination and obvious ques and patterns.

There is no reason why you cant kill a group of 3 enemy your level...Most people of all classes from OP DK to underpowered NB do it all the time and very easily as well.
    Options