The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

"Imperial Order" as a fourth neutral alliance?

Runaan
Runaan
✭✭✭✭
Hello Fellow Adventurers,

I will not waste your undoubtedly precious time that you could spend doing something far more productive so I'll move straight to my idea.

What would you think of fourth alliance that would work just the same as any other alliance except...

- You would need to be an Imperial to join this alliance
- You would start in Couldharbour as usual but get awaken in some of Cyrodiil's Imperial camp tents or one of the bridge to fight the spawns of Dark Anchors. As in any of the three alliances, where they "fish you up" from the water, here you would be unconscious after being knocked out during a fight or something.
- Obviously this would be Imperial only alliance even though that the Empire has been recruiting every race to their legion... up until now, when Cyrodiil is in danger and they need to rebuild it to its full glory and drive out the creatures of Molag Bal so only Imperials can take care of this.
- The name of this alliance could be "Imperial Order" or "Imperial Unity".
- Since you start in Cyrodiil as 3. - 4. lvl you would be immune to other alliance's players and therefore be able to do your quests.
- Because of the (former 50lvl creatures) VR5 mobs you would do quests based of a scouting and delivering - aiding other Imperial camps.
- The immunity to PvP would last until you would do a special quest that would assign you to join the war therefore losing the immunity and neutrality. You would not be able to siege keeps and buy catapults and stuff until you sign yourself up for the war.
- This and only this alliance would later on be able to teleport into the City of Cyrodiil to fight the evil at its source so no other alliance could get it - only Imperials after reaching a certain level and doing certain quest that would make you go to the City of Cyrodiil (much like teleports that Shalidor or Sees-All-Colors used or any other NPC).
- We know that some Imperials in Cyrodiil are agressive (the ones in their camps) and some are not (the ones guarding the bridges) so we would be able to get to know more about this and what's really going on in their heads and how it works.
- But since Cyrodiil would not be enough as a single map for new alliance (as others have at least 4 more zones) Imperials would have access to every alliance zones from the very start, instead of leveling up to 50. They would do the normal EP, AD, DC quests with some additions for Imperial Order members only, such as helping other Imperials that are scattered around the Tamriel.

--

I could talk about my ideas for hours but you got the basic though. As I imagine there would be really a lot of work and complex mechanism behind putting the alliance in the actual, existing game it would in my opinion really make a lot of players happy and make the game more interesting so to speak.

I had this thing in my head for quite some time and I wanted to share it to hear someone's opinion about it.

Poll: goo.gl/AcxI6c
Runaan Fortis
Altmer Sorcerer

Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines.

- A Dominion of peace. The fair and just rule of Tamriel
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So for those with the Imperial version only, so limited appeal.

Plus it would have limited scope for quests/missions, since the Imperials are in Cyrodil. Also would probably get ganked a lot when starting.

All in all it would be maximum work for minimum return for ZOS.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • Runaan
    Runaan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it would be a lot of hard work probably not worth the time that could be spent better on improving the game. About the other thing, every member of this alliance would be granted War Immunity, therefore he would be like an NPC so no player could hit or kill him. It would last until player would "sign" up for the war, as you do normally at 10th level when you choose a campaign.
    Well, let's keep this idea at bay for now 8)
    Runaan Fortis
    Altmer Sorcerer

Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines.

- A Dominion of peace. The fair and just rule of Tamriel
    Options
  • Anvos
    Anvos
    ✭✭✭
    My answer is no as the imperials aren't a valid continental power again for another few hundred years, and even then it took 2/3 alliances falling apart and a dragonborn nord.

In this time imperial loyalty is either to a weak puppet queen/empress, a purely survival battle for any who don't bow to the deadric pawn, or choosing which of the 3 main alliances are the best for you and/or the imperial people.
    Edited by Anvos on June 9, 2014 7:19AM
    Options