The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Lycanthropy

Drachdhar
Drachdhar
✭✭✭
I seriously wonder of there is anyone who actually considers lycanthropy to be worthwhile aside from the cool factor or for roleplay, this is generally enough for me but it is slightly disheartening to know that there are 15 or SPs spent which does not do much for me... Especially since timing access to werewolf form for RP events can be slightly tricky and not very long lasting.

An ultimate skill which requires alot of skill points to even be decent, and even then it does not last for very long and your tactical options are very limited.
Compared to vampirism, lycanthropy is rather "meh". Vampirism abilities mix well with your class skills and weapon skills, the passives are always on. On the downside you take quite a bit more dmg from fire attacks, and players and have a slower health regen.

Werewolves on the other hand take more dmg from poison which is not that common at the moment, except from most bow users. And like the vampire they tend to take more dmg from players. Unlike the vampire, lycanthropy in no real way compensates you for those somewhat lesser weaknesses since everything in the tree is linked to a very costly ultimate skill.

An idea would be to make Werewolf Transform a toggle ability instead of an Ultimate,
when toggled it disables your magicka pool, ie lessens it by 100%.
There would be a need for additional skills as well, to increase tactical options, and a new ultimate possibly if one wouldnt allow class ultis.

Example
Heightened Senses - Toggle skill - Like Magelight(and morphs) only increase weapon crit instead of spell crit. And lower stamina pool instead maybe.

Rend - Active skill - Does X dmg and lowers targets armor by 40% for x seconds(could probably make some interesting morphs of this as well.
----

These coupled with the already existing skills and having werewolf transform as a toggle ability would make for 5 active skills on the skill bar = increased tactical options.

Werewolves would also need access to Block... Well, noticed that we can block, but nothing else as far as ive noticed... No CC break and possibly not even interrupts.

//Maybe also the much snazzier animation sets of the NPC werewolves, including quadroped movement. Should be possible to implement...

///Hmm.. moved. Cool... Last time I was in skill forums I couldnt even see any topics... Apparently quite a few people who have similiar thoughts.
Edited by Drachdhar on June 6, 2014 1:41PM
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drachdhar wrote: »
    I seriously wonder of there is anyone who actually considers lycanthropy to be worthwhile aside from the cool factor or for roleplay, this is generally enough for me but it is slightly disheartening to know that there are 15 or SPs spent which does not do much for me... Especially since timing access to werewolf form for RP events can be slightly tricky and not very long lasting.

An ultimate skill which requires alot of skill points to even be decent, and even then it does not last for very long and your tactical options are very limited.
    Compared to vampirism, lycanthropy is rather "meh". Vampirism abilities mix well with your class skills and weapon skills, the passives are always on. On the downside you take quite a bit more dmg from fire attacks, and players and have a slower health regen.

Werewolves on the other hand take more dmg from poison which is not that common at the moment, except from most bow users. And like the vampire they tend to take more dmg from players. Unlike the vampire, lycanthropy in no real way compensates you for those somewhat lesser weaknesses since everything in the tree is linked to a very costly ultimate skill.

An idea would be to make Werewolf Transform a toggle ability instead of an Ultimate,
    when toggled it disables your magicka pool, ie lessens it by 100%.
    There would be a need for additional skills as well, to increase tactical options, and a new ultimate possibly if one wouldnt allow class ultis.

Example
    Heightened Senses - Toggle skill - Like Magelight(and morphs) only increase weapon crit instead of spell crit. And lower stamina pool instead maybe.

Rend - Active skill - Does X dmg and lowers targets armor by 40% for x seconds(could probably make some interesting morphs of this as well.
    ----

These coupled with the already existing skills and having werewolf transform as a toggle ability would make for 5 active skills on the skill bar = increased tactical options.

Werewolves would also need access to Block...

//Maybe also the much snazzier animation sets of the NPC werewolves, including quadroped movement. Should be possible to implement...

///Hmm.. moved. Cool... Last time I was in skill forums I couldnt even see any topics... Apparently quite a few people who have similiar thoughts.

I agree with you 100% the only reason I haven't sured being a werewolf is I like playing Khajiit WW because then Im a cat dog
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• Clutch
    Clutch
    ✭✭✭
    Drachdhar wrote: »
    ... aside from the cool factor...

That's all I need really.

But joking aside, yes there are some grueling balance issues that could be addressed and easily implemented with updates.
  • Drachdhar
    Drachdhar
    ✭✭✭
    Would not hurt if the Fear from the Transform actually had a slightly larger radius. Atm it only fears stuff that is already stabbing you with sharp implements, meaning those that are about to stab you will be stabbing you shortly instead of running away screaming at the top of their lungs.
  • shinkicker444rwb17_ESO
    I agree with you 100% the only reason I haven't sured being a werewolf is I like playing Khajiit WW because then Im a cat dog

Khajiit WW form update...

Nickelodeons-CatDog-to-DVD-in-CatDog-Season-One-from-Shout-Factory.jpg

:wink:

• Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only problem with adding more abilities etc is that it'll make the tree even more bloated than it already is, and it's based off the Vampire line's format.

If they wanted to do it properly, they'd tie everything Vamps get into a Vampire Lord form and let them suffer, too.

Maybe if the multitudes of Vampires started complaining Werewolves would get fixed.

I have no problems with the current format. Two abilities, the transform with the ultimate. The passives should have *some* effect outside form. Maybe not the full effect(except the ultimate gain one..that's there because the ult cost is stupid high), but at least some.

Problems with Werewolves right now:

Transform time is low and ways to extend it either have stupid cds or a huge stamina cost. On top of it, Devour doesn't really give a whole lot of time.

I can see why they wouldn't want you to do permawolf, and that's fine, but really...

Dropping transform mid combat stunning you while it wears off. Bad idea. Gets you killed quick. My 2 WWs in VR don't use it because of that.

Survivability sucks. No dodge roll still, or did they fix that? No CC break. I feel squishy as hell.

DPS sucks, even with statting for it. It suffers the same problem that melee weapons do, and that's stamina based damage scales incredibly poorly. It needs to be viable for both melee and casters. Stamina and magicka builds.

I should be a gorram beast. I should rip things to shreds. I should be a friggin threat. I'm not. I'm a flea bitten mangy animal that chronically smells like wet dog(NPCs should totally comment about wet dog smell when a WW walks by like they do in Skyrim), even out of form. I hit like a girl of 5 years, and I take beatings like I'm a glass figuring wearing toilet paper. It's pathetic.

Oh, and ZOS... remember that floaty combat thing that you fixed with melee based characters? Think you can do that with Werewolves? Because dear sweet Lord of Hate it feels floaty in combat. Slightest mouse wiggle and I'm moving all over the place. It just feels ... "loose". It's annoying.

/rant off
    /see sig
    /needs to get Lissana bit
    /bleh