The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Guides for Healer, DPS & Tank?

AngryWolf
AngryWolf
✭✭✭
I was watching the latest Bethesda video where they went through one of the new dungeons. At one point, the gal in the video mentioned what she was doing, and why. What AOE she was laying down and why. Wish she would have gone into more detail. Maybe the same video from each player perspective and going deeper in this data during the course of the grouping.

It really got me thinking, more or less because, for the the most part, I'm not an MMO game player and usually don't group unless I really need to, and part of that is I don't want to look like an *** cuz I may not always know what to do in extremely challenging situation.

I know all my toons abilities, though maybe not at a deep level and should investigate that more, but it would be REALLY great if there is was a good guide on what each type of a group(Healer/DPS/Tank) should be doing in a givin situation and why. What are the best AOE's to use per class, etc. I did a search for something like that but couldn't find it anything.

Would Bethesda/Zenimax or one of you amazing mmo players that know all this good stuff be able to write something up for this to help those of us that may just be playing the MMO because it's Elder Scrolls? I do OK when I group, but I'm sure there are things I could be doing and looking for while grouped I'm not that would make me more an effective group member to be a little more confident when I think of grouping.
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Healer is easy Keep the group alive. You need what some would call an emergency heal, then a standard heal to "slow the rate of death". As a healer DPS and Crowd Control/CC is also very important.

2. DPS you again need DPS and CC. Along with this you are also going to need extra survivability to assist in slowing the rate of death. As a DPS you are also going to need to be versatile in melee and ranged for pure DPS or at least ranged + another role Tank/Healer. Reason I don't overly recommend Melee is due to the fact some fights discourage Melee where as fights that discourage range the Range DPS can do in Melee range.

If your healer is built properly you can double as a DPS and healer and free up your other role for Melee DPS if wish to do so.

3. As a Tank resistance is the largest part Armor and Spell. After that again your going to want DPS and CC as well as a Taunt granted in S&S line. Survivability is also very important. For trash pulls your going to want a strong DPS build while still maintaining some survivability. In the DPS sense I would imagine ranged to be better as ranged can be played at any distance while Melee is penalized at ranged.

Mostly all this is learnt though playstyle and trial and error for what works for you and simply reading the forums taking in more information to assist you at being a better player.
  • AngryWolf
    AngryWolf
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Shaun98ca2! Good info. I'm trying to pull in the info I can from forums, youtube etc. I've been kinda kinda thinking that for my Templar, who is DPS. I've gone with the bow as my second weapon as I already went as a healer with my sorcerer. Though tempted to respec and use a healing staff as templars are natural healers. Tend to like to fight with him though.