Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any1 else regret he picked Khajit race to roll NB ?

killedbyping
killedbyping
✭✭✭✭
Question stated in topic.
Me personaly regret it much after i found out what Siphoning strike is and how much Stamina and Magicka ammount improve your damage.

Literaly, there is only 1 valuable bonus in Khajit passive which is weapon crit. Me personaly think that crit damage is insulting and not worth of attention expect the fact it generate Ultimate points.
With Siphoning strikes your Magicka and Stamina will never end.
I even use Siege shield in Trials non stop even thou it cost me around 900 magicka.
Robust bonus In combat health regen is a joke for someone who suppose to be burster.
Stealth bonus is also a joke. You get enought of stealth reduction bonus from Medium armor. Also this bonus only work once. You cant go into stealth again while in combat.
Using Shadowy disguise also doesnt count as beeing stealthed so you dont recieve stealth attack bonuses.

At the same time Dark Elves recieve total of 9% Magicka and 6% Stamina which give much more damage buff and it work all the time, not only while stealthed.

Imperials get 12% Health (also nice so you can invest more into Magicka with stats or enchants) and 10% Stamina.
+ Life stealing passive.

I really like NB even with all their bugs but i'm really disapointed in Khajit race.

Can any1 prove me wrong and talk me out of all that leveling pain while re roll NB as Imperial or Dark Elve ?

• Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only regret it because helmets for light/medium and heavy armor look ridiculous on them. As for stat wise, I built my NB to be a stealthy bow user and the khajiit racials fit the style. However, I am disappointed that by the time I hit veteran rank 1, I'm only using one bow skill, sometimes 2 when facing casters because stamina skills are terrible and stamina regen is terrible compared to magicka skills and regen.

Also, the bonuses to stamina and magicka do not give a damage buff. Only hard points put into stamina or magicka give damage buffs so that's a non issue.

Also, siphoning strikes ruins your damage potential. Not worth the trade off.
    Robust health has saved my ass more than a hundred times.
    Edited by Arsenic_Touch on June 3, 2014 7:16AM
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
    Options
  • Elidas
    Elidas
    Health regen is a joke, weapon crit is a joke, NB is a joke. Khajit NB should be renamed to "Jester class"
    Options
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only regret it because helmets for light/medium and heavy armor look ridiculous on them. As for stat wise, I built my NB to be a stealthy bow user and the khajiit racials fit the style. However, I am disappointed that by the time I hit veteran rank 1, I'm only using one bow skill, sometimes 2 when facing casters because stamina skills are terrible and stamina regen is terrible compared to magicka skills and regen.

Also, the bonuses to stamina and magicka do not give a damage buff. Only hard points put into stamina or magicka give damage buffs so that's a non issue.

Also, siphoning strikes ruins your damage potential. Not worth the trade off.
    Robust health has saved my ass more than a hundred times.

Actualy stats do not improve anything expect of Magicka or Stamina pools. Max pool size improve damage -.-
    Therefore having bonuses which buff your Pools improve your Skills damage (not weapon or spell, only the skill).
    Yes, siphoning strikes reduce your weapon damage alot, but in return you get infinite Magicka and Stamina which lets you spam your abilitys non stop. This lead to much bigger DPS then if you rely on regens.
    Options
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actualy stats do not improve anything expect of Magicka or Stamina pools. Max pool size improve damage -.-
    Therefore having bonuses which buff your Pools improve your Skills damage (not weapon or spell, only the skill).
    Yes, siphoning strikes reduce your weapon damage alot, but in return you get infinite Magicka and Stamina which lets you spam your abilitys non stop. This lead to much bigger DPS then if you rely on regens.

Incorrect. Hard points spent in magicka or stamina improves damage of those perspective abilities. Stamina increases light and heavy damage and magicka improves magicka based spells, read the description.

A higher pool size doesn't improve your damage, just gives you more resources. Those bonuses are irrelevant because you can pretty much reach the cap on all three stats with food. So again, not an issue.

Anything else you'd like to bring up that isn't really an issue?
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
    Options
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Play the race you want ;)

I chose khajiit because I always do, the passives are a bonus.

My khajiit performs outlandishly good, vr areas no problem.

If you do not like your char start a new one or train it to be something else.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
    Options
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭

Incorrect. Hard points spent in magicka or stamina improves damage of those perspective abilities. Stamina increases light and heavy damage and magicka improves magicka based spells, read the description.

A higher pool size doesn't improve your damage, just gives you more resources. Those bonuses are irrelevant because you can pretty much reach the cap on all three stats with food. So again, not an issue.

Anything else you'd like to bring up that isn't really an issue?
    I am talking about ability damage, not weapon. Who cares about light and heavy attacks when you can spam spells and abilitys non stop ?
    There is no increase in ability damage with stats...(well, increasing stat increasing pool size, so stats increase damage in that manner. but the source of damage is the pool, not the stat itself).
    This was claryfied million times. Ability damage rely on the max size of the pool it use.

Edited by killedbyping on June 3, 2014 9:09AM
    Options
  • RangerChad
    RangerChad
    ✭✭✭
    I chose Khajit for a Templar.... Talk about the worst possible match up.
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My NB is a redguard and i wouldn't want it any different :)

Min-maxing is overrated.
    Options
  • smokes
    smokes
    ✭✭✭
    nope, because i'm not a nightblade

at the moment i kinda regret rolling a khajit templar and aiming for a 2H stamina build

totally should've rolled high elf destro/resto - now i have to wait for puncturing strikes to be fixed. or respec costs to be adjusted/redesigned.
    Options
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭
    I don't regret having a Khajiit for my sologank character.
    "I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!"
    Options
  • golem75eb17_ESO
    I am with the OP. I wish the crit bonus would be a little bit lower but also a bonus to spell crit. At least I would not feel gimped (race wise) playing a caster NB, because any weapon (read stamina) skill line just sucks in comparsion to magica based skills.
    And bow as the only stamina based ranged weapon... well bow just sucks even more (only magnum shot is it worth).

I stopped playing my VR2 Khajiit NB because I realised that magica based playstyles are just superiour. I wanted to play bow (I like ranged), but bow sucks even more than the other weapon skill lines (magnum shot seems to be the only good skill).

Right now I am playing a sorceror and think of rerolling a new NB choosing a different race. Racials simply should not have such an impact.
    Edited by golem75eb17_ESO on June 6, 2014 9:47AM
    Options
  • Tobiz
    Tobiz
    ✭✭✭
    With alot of the action revolves around magicka and spells, having stats that increase stamina or weapon skills is less attractive. Surely the devs will realize that physical damage scale poorly and fix this.
    Then it will not be such a bad choice. Whenever that can be.
    Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.
    Options
  • Vuron
    Vuron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Khajit racial passive used to increase Crit Damage instead of Crit Chance. I would love to have that put back in place.
    Options
  • Mephos
    Mephos
    ✭✭✭
    RangerChad wrote: »
    I chose Khajit for a Templar.... Talk about the worst possible match up.

hahahahaha.. xD ahhh.. crying tears xD
    welcome to herb managment

Options
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tobiz wrote: »
    With alot of the action revolves around magicka and spells, having stats that increase stamina or weapon skills is less attractive. Surely the devs will realize that physical damage scale poorly and fix this.
    Then it will not be such a bad choice. Whenever that can be.

I dont get it, you still have no Stamina or Magicka boost a Khajit, this will not change anything at all.
    Edited by killedbyping on June 7, 2014 11:08AM
    Options