Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Video - Veteran Crypt of Hearts"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Video - Veteran Crypt of Hearts. We hope you enjoyed this peek into our newest Veteran dungeon, which will be available later this month!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • gtholouliseb17_ESO
    Great Video and thank you for the fast update. Looking forward to a nice future :)
    Edited by gtholouliseb17_ESO on June 5, 2014 4:25PM
  • Quaesivi
    Quaesivi
    ✭✭✭
    I just really, really have to add that besides tank, everyone is using a Staff, even the Dev Team, so I guess that is the reason why everything non-Staff related is ignored?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great video.

I just wanted to say though the ZOS members commenting on the video are the ones who we would love to see posting on the forums discussing their departments work and visions for the future.

It's nice hearing them come forward to tell us about great features in videos each update but otherwise they're silent which is a real shame for player developer relations and communication.

I would love to be able to post back and forth first hand with these members to talk about ideas and updates for features.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • elsom23
    elsom23
    ✭✭
    the game needs more done to it then crappy end game content do your job development team are we paying this subscription so you can put the money straight into your pockets or is the money going towards the game sick of tired of you trying your best to make us happy its not working some of us want our ideas to be heard stop turning your backs on the players you give us ideas of what's coming in the future and it's more rubbish ideas this is getting to the point where i think our money is going in to your pockets and not the game
  • Asherrion
    Asherrion
    Aenthel wrote: »
    I just really, really have to add that besides tank, everyone is using a Staff, even the Dev Team, so I guess that is the reason why everything non-Staff related is ignored?

Did you not see that bow user? obviously best DPS in game /sarcasm. the vet dungeon wont be hard for optimized groups... At least not in its current state. a part of me wonders if the dev team could even down AA whisp with their "play as you want to" builds. Would be interesting to see.
  • Asherrion
    Asherrion
    Turelus wrote: »
    Great video.

I just wanted to say though the ZOS members commenting on the video are the ones who we would love to see posting on the forums discussing their departments work and visions for the future.

It's nice hearing them come forward to tell us about great features in videos each update but otherwise they're silent which is a real shame for player developer relations and communication.

I would love to be able to post back and forth first hand with these members to talk about ideas and updates for features.

For this game to survive.. no, THRIVE.. this needs to happen. We need better forum interactivity.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am sure glad the ZOS team has been busy working on PR videos for content that likely won't be released for another month (based on the Craglorn delay) while they ignore and do not communicate about issues players are experiencing in the game today. That's definitely a good use of limited time and resources!
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My only concern, is that ZOS becomes a company that only makes new content for veteran rank players. I hope that does not happen. This looks cool, these kind of bosses remind me of bosses from games from the early 2000s. You have to actually use your brain, not just stand there and be endlessly healed the whole time. Cant wait to(if I ever even get to VR12:/) try this
    Edited by Cody on June 5, 2014 5:27PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @elsom23 for giving a great example of why the ZOS team will probably never want to engage with the community.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Ragefist
    Ragefist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Second boss looked fun, let us hope EU server will be ready by then, too much AoE around for lags
  • Cimos
    Cimos
    ✭✭✭
    Looks fun. And hard. The loot better be good.
  • thebigMuh
    thebigMuh
    ✭✭
    A few things I noted:

- No 2H weapon user.
    - No Templar abilities in any bars (no Templars I guess, but you never show your group constellation)
    - Staff for the win.
    - You killed that big Bonelord monster thingy and got... 8 gold, a few low level stamina potions, a soul gem and a white hat?
    - That glowy sword is the FRICKING EBONY BLADE. That's not just any glowy sword.
    - VR13 enemies? I hope that doesn't mean that the next update brings new veteran ranks...

Ciao, Muh!
  • SirPuppingtonVonHat
    SirPuppingtonVonHat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I very much want to test Vet. Crypt of Hearts. I just have to find out how to get there first. :P
    The Psijic Order
  • kdgeek
    kdgeek
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you for the video! I liked that we got a feel for what the dungeon would be like, but my favorite part was getting to see the last boss spawn and then the video faded to black. Can't wait to find out for myself what happens next!
  • Noshiz
    Noshiz
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the update! Keep them coming and don't mind the whiners.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    I very much want to test Vet. Crypt of Hearts. I just have to find out how to get there first. :P
    We're currently looking into the templates on PTS, but in the meantime you can go to the cart that takes you to Stormhaven, then navigate to Rivenspire which is where Veteran CoH is located.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • jenrey
    jenrey
    Soul Shriven
    That its ok, but I hope the next update include something else not just veteran dungeons. Remember a lot of people like me love the elders scrolls game but the open world game and explore and made different thing not only to spend hours inside a dungeons and the price you get its really ridiculous
  • elsom23
    elsom23
    ✭✭
    #lame
  • fyendiarb16_ESO
    fyendiarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Mordrana Lerusc is the kind of tank I want to play. Tanking up close as sorcerer with heavy armor and shield and when ranged tanking is required suddenly morphs into a nightblade with a bow. I mean that is just one awesome build! :D

Nice vid though, enjoyed watching it.
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asherrion wrote: »
    Aenthel wrote: »

Did you not see that bow user? obviously best DPS in game /sarcasm. the vet dungeon wont be hard for optimized groups... At least not in its current state. a part of me wonders if the dev team could even down AA whisp with their "play as you want to" builds. Would be interesting to see.

They are playing VR13 characters to handicap themselves.

Anyone not in an optimized group is going to get wrecked.
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    thebigMuh wrote: »
    A few things I noted:

- No 2H weapon user.
    - No Templar abilities in any bars (no Templars I guess, but you never show your group constellation)
    - Staff for the win.
    - You killed that big Bonelord monster thingy and got... 8 gold, a few low level stamina potions, a soul gem and a white hat?
    - That glowy sword is the FRICKING EBONY BLADE. That's not just any glowy sword.
    - VR13 enemies? I hope that doesn't mean that the next update brings new veteran ranks...

Ciao, Muh!

-yep melee weapons/stamina builds are UP
    - Could be coincidence
    - yep
    - you get your loot from boss chests mainly not the corpse itself
    - yeah, pretty HUGE deal lore wise
    - they said that Veteran CoH was VR12 content and they had no plans for higher VR ranks right now. They still have to release the "Serpent" trial and that's not coming until at least 1.4
  • lykan_spike
    lykan_spike
    ✭✭
    Who can I have a phone conversation with about how to save this game. You are losing subs, you clearly have no idea how to make an mmo... Don't claim you want to keep this as close to ES as possible, this is not a single player game! PvE End Game content is poor. Trials? Makes no sense. There is a reason every MMO fails and goes F2P and why wow is still so dominant.
  • Magetroll
    Magetroll
    Soul Shriven
    elsom23 wrote: »
    the game needs more done to it then crappy end game content do your job development team are we paying this subscription so you can put the money straight into your pockets or is the money going towards the game sick of tired of you trying your best to make us happy its not working some of us want our ideas to be heard stop turning your backs on the players you give us ideas of what's coming in the future and it's more rubbish ideas this is getting to the point where i think our money is going in to your pockets and not the game

WTB some punctutation, pst me.

• NakedSnake
    NakedSnake
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah why did you pick a vampire Rich? No tactical advantage, I just like the red eyes.
    Lold so hard
    Edited by NakedSnake on June 6, 2014 1:49AM
    "Brilliant! Why is it that the people with the most ridiculous ideas are always the ones who are most certain of them?"
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This looks like it will be amazing if you get to run it with a regular group that you know in and out. For those in a pug, it does not look remotely possible.

Why is all the content you are bring out aimed at hardcore players? There is only hard difficulty in end game. It seems that casual players are not welcome beyond 1-50.

I have been doing heroics in WoW and SWTOR for years now, so im happy enough healing just about anything, but I know for as fact that I take the game far more seriously (I theory craft and research), than any of my friends do.

I do like how 4 man groups is an effective end game option, I never really liked raids, partly because it looses a lot of the heroism part that I play these games for. I never read a book that had 40 heros taking on impossible odds, it was always a hand full, so much more like 4-6 man groups.

I do hope you will start to add regular difficulty for those that just enjoy playing rather than extreme challenges. Its going to get awful lonely round here if only the most dedicated players have anything to look forward to at end game.
  • williamburr2001b14_ESO
    0 Templar. The insults just keep coming. First, the horrible stealth nerf to jabs. Then, the non-apology that didn't even recognize it as a bad change, it says "sorry for not including it in the patch notes" even though every player affected knows exactly how bad and poorly-thought-out it was.

Now, a strong implication that nobody in the company can even be bothered to play 1 of the FOUR, count 'em only FOUR classes. FOUR people in the party, FOUR available classes, and 1 class is so bad you won't even play it for a promotional video. Holy cripes.

Is this some sort of weird joke? Guess the Templar class and get boned in the butt forever and ever and ever? Did a healer once sleep with a programmer's girlfriend? There is no rational way to explain how this company has been treating a whole class of its paying subscribers.
    Edited by williamburr2001b14_ESO on June 6, 2014 11:32AM
  • Kego
    Kego
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no rational way to explain how this company has been treating a whole class of its paying subscribers.
    There has never been a MMO with perfect balance. Every MMO had classes that has been totally crap and other classes totally OP. But these things change with time.
    Who does not remember the times where nearly all PvP Groups in Daoc only used Caster for month and after some patches changed to pure melee train groups?
    Who does not remember that Warlocks where the most under powered class in WoW during it's first year. Or Druids that could only play as Healer cause there Morph-Forms has been totally broken and didn't even got gear for it.
    Paladins only purpose in Raids: 5 Minute Buffs to 40 people and after buffing, starting again with the first, cause that 5 Minutes run off.

Classes in MMOs will always change. Now Nightblades and Templar are not so well balanced like Sorcs and Dragons. But that will change. Maybe NBs will be totally OP some day, maybe Templar or maybe Zenimax is the first Company that will give us well balanced charakters.

Time will tell...
    Edited by Kego on June 6, 2014 2:20PM
  • rayvn03b14_ESO
    rayvn03b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    NakedSnake wrote: »
    Yeah why did you pick a vampire Rich? No tactical advantage, I just like the red eyes.
    Lold so hard

It's just how he rolls :D

Have to say I'm impressed. Of course the Bot Zerg Rush will probably just faceroll these guys, but let's hope not.
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thebigMuh wrote: »
    A few things I noted:

- No 2H weapon user.
    - Staff for the win.

Ciao, Muh!

This^

Same tiresome problems and more content to further dilute the problems. Im going to assume that your prime revenue is from all the players at vr12 who are screaming for more content on reddit.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• williamburr2001b14_ESO
    Kego wrote: »
    There is no rational way to explain how this company has been treating a whole class of its paying subscribers.
    There has never been a MMO with perfect balance. Every MMO had classes that has been totally crap and other classes totally OP. But these things change with time.
    Who does not remember the times where nearly all PvP Groups in Daoc only used Caster for month and after some patches changed to pure melee train groups?
    Who does not remember that Warlocks where the most under powered class in WoW during it's first year. Or Druids that could only play as Healer cause there Morph-Forms has been totally broken and didn't even got gear for it.
    Paladins only purpose in Raids: 5 Minute Buffs to 40 people and after buffing, starting again with the first, cause that 5 Minutes run off.

Classes in MMOs will always change. Now Nightblades and Templar are not so well balanced like Sorcs and Dragons. But that will change. Maybe NBs will be totally OP some day, maybe Templar or maybe Zenimax is the first Company that will give us well balanced charakters.

Time will tell...

This isn't about "perfect balance." Things are so screwy that the developers won't even play a particular class in their promotional video, it's so un-fun. That's bad.

People have compared these issues to times in other MMOs, when certain classes fell behind the raid damage meters. This isn't that. We're not talking about gain or loss of epeen. We're talking some people can breeze through all of the content face-rolling, others spam their little fingers to the bone, theorycraft, spend tens of thousands of gold re-speccing, and 90% of the playerbase still dies to 3 mudcrabs most of the time if they actually use their class skills.

Time will tell, in that if these egregious, un-fun, broken mechanics continue, the game will continue to hemmorhage subscribers and go free-to-play within the year, console launch or not.

Also, there's not even any reason to think "time will tell" is even true. The biggest change to Templars in last patch was to nerf their #1 survival/dps skill, even though they were already the worst class. The biggest upcoming change to Templar in the next patch is a buff to their channeled heal. Did someone say "Gee, I am unhappy with how bad Templar heals are?" Fer crissakes no, healing is the one thing Temps are runaway good at.

If time is telling, it's telling a pretty grim story.