Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should i throw away all my quest trinkets?

Thechemicals
Thechemicals
✭✭✭✭✭
Yokuden statue that summons useless undead for 3 seconds, A bear trap, a fake Ayleid crown,an orb that traps me in inside it , and other very low or no benefit trinkets i have acquired in the game. At first it was cool to collect this stuff and have it but now that im stretched for space im thinking i should throw it all away.
Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
Goddick
Daggerfall Covenant

• Sorpaijen_ESO
    Sorpaijen_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    As SOON as you delete them? That's when they'll put a separate non-inventory-consuming Trophies tab into the game. At least that's MY luck. That said, I likely will be deleting many of them when space gets to a premium. Ditto for costumes and vanity pets. Waste of programming when they have to compete with "real" things of value like crafting components and research-able items and alt-gear and so on.
  • Phantorang
    Phantorang
    ✭✭✭✭
    I made an alt character that has all that useless but hard earned stuff.
    Fimbulwinter Recruiting true Vikings | Campaigns score | EU PC
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep them, but I have been selling my duplicates obviously from other characters, as they can be used on any character. I just have a mule alt keep them all.
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phantorang wrote: »
    That ^^^

Just make an alt character, get him/her/it to 80 bagspace and use them as a special item storage mule ...
    ;-)
    Edited by SirAndy on May 30, 2014 7:41PM
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, ill do that. I was just hoping someone would mention a trinket that is actually good and doesnt entrap me inside a magical globe or summons my ancestors then watch them turn to dust 3 seconds later....

That last one was a real disappointment first time i activated it. These 3 undead warriors showed up all wicked looking and im like "dayummm! They going to help me wreck my enemies" then quickly turned to dust....i actually waited 30 seconds wondering wth that was all about.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only one I've thought was really cool was the Razzak's Opus pet from Alik'r (or is it Bangkorai?). Beyond that, yeah most are just little flavor things that I used once and put away.
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
  • AngryWolf
    AngryWolf
    ✭✭✭
    Ya...dump them in an alt...I trashed the bear trap...tried it on a bear...didn't phase him.
  • AngryWolf
    AngryWolf
    ✭✭✭
    It's kinda like fishing...I don't get the point of that either. They DO say eventually you will be able to have your own home or whatever. Maybe you will be able to display them there.
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This. I toss most of those items on an alt.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Sallakat
    Sallakat
    ✭✭✭
    I destroyed them. I don't care for few second lasting useless things like those trophies. Waste of even bank alt's bag space.
    Rebuilt - Aldmeri Dominion

Kaia Linnea - templar
    Ruusu - sorcerer
    Aino - nightblade
  • Food4Thought
    Food4Thought
    ✭✭✭
    I only have a couple so space isn't an issue ... yet. But I have to question whether they would be of use even as decoration in some future player home intorduced in the game. This isn't like SWG where you could take practically any item in game and dump it in your home. Use it as decoration and you will be using the same silly bear trap as everybody else and laying it in the corner of your home (like everybody else).

If anything, there should be a trophy case that comes with this future player home or have another tab in your journal to list the trophies you get.

Treat the trophies like the bobble heads in Fallout. As you gain a new bobblehead it would magically appear on the bobblehead trophy case in your home. If player homes ever show up in the game, we should be able to display them in the same way. In that way, the people who don't want to see ghosts disappear after three seconds or see a bear trap disable nothing but thin air, can have the freedom to destroy these inventory filling items.
  • Ulvich
    Ulvich
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same. In face I use this character to run around and show off all the costumes and goofy I've collected.

Hit Hard. Hit Fast. Hit Often - BETA Group: 85 b 9
  • Mephos
    Mephos
    ✭✭✭
    there are "trinkets" which somehow seem to be broken (no real item name, no discription and can´t be used)

should I keep those in hope they get fixed? ..
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    Mephos wrote: »
    there are "trinkets" which somehow seem to be broken (no real item name, no discription and can´t be used)

should I keep those in hope they get fixed? ..

2 got removed, I would use ctrl+F on the patch notes to find out which ones... they just had the question marks instead of item pictures
  • Bloodsip
    Bloodsip
    ✭✭

This