The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

This games pvp is epic

kronicbubonic
kronicbubonic
Soul Shriven
Sick of people crying about dead pvp. Ya they need to reduce servers, ya they took too long to nerf vamps and remove caltrops...

But guess what, no other mmo has ever come close to this scale or beauty. Cyrodiil is awesome and i can still say that after well over 200 hours logged in one pvp zone.
Go out there and enjoy it, they will fix stuff.
  • Some_Jerk
    Some_Jerk
    ✭✭✭
    People need to cry so that devs know what to fix. To some people it's irritating but it's a necessary evil. You also forgot to mention that mercenaries are a terrible part of pvp and need to be removed entirely :)
    But I enjoyed your positive outlook and you're right, PvP is great and I believe it will improve.
  • AryaWythers
    AryaWythers
    ✭✭✭
    The devs have screwed over the PvP players for so long they all quit! If you are a PvE player that can level to the V10 rank you will dominate in PvP over the people that play PvP every day. All the servers are DEAD now campared to where they where before launch...says it all!
  • Some_Jerk
    Some_Jerk
    ✭✭✭
    They also need to figure out a way to make it so that players have the option to level in PvP (In this lifetime) as they had advertised they would be able to do so.
    My suggestion for this is to be able to buy experience and veteran point "tickets" that you buy with alliance points and consume for a set amount of exp or vet exp.
  • Head.hunter
    Head.hunter
    ✭✭✭
    Wabba's never really dead, and it's still fun overall but the crashes and the lag. Ridiculous. I'm glad they're working on fixes.
    I'm just a banana from another dimension.
  • TheBucket
    TheBucket
    ✭✭✭✭
    The devs have screwed over the PvP players for so long they all quit! If you are a PvE player that can level to the V10 rank you will dominate in PvP over the people that play PvP every day. All the servers are DEAD now campared to where they where before launch...says it all!

Talk about a reaching Supposition.
    William Reignes
    Magic Nightblade - Rogue Bomber
    Creator of Thirsty Thief Build (Retired 1.5)
  • AryaWythers
    AryaWythers
    ✭✭✭
    Wabba's never really dead, and it's still fun overall but the crashes and the lag. Ridiculous. I'm glad they're working on fixes.

Well seems like Wabba was the only server to survive the PvP exodus, not worth it to try to transfer at this point....they ruined their own game
  • Oblongship
    Oblongship
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sick of people crying about dead pvp. Ya they need to reduce servers, ya they took too long to nerf vamps and remove caltrops...

But guess what, no other mmo has ever come close to this scale or beauty. Cyrodiil is awesome and i can still say that after well over 200 hours logged in one pvp zone.

What is funny is this type of post is far more detrimental to the games health than the guy who screams "OMFG YOU GUYZ FAIL FIX CALTDROPS ALRDY FAIL FAIL FAIL"

Why? Because this guy kisses their butts and makes it look like everything is ok when it is not, and the devs don't know what to fix.

Also "Awesome" is subjective to your opinion....the caltdrop, merc, broke pvp bags, lag, delayed weapon swap, passive bugs, skill bugs and the rest of the issues in pvp are not "Awesome" for most people...
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wabba has still seen attrition (although I cant tell it via AD zergs) but on the DC end it looks as if their numbers have indeed dropped.
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oblongship wrote: »

What is funny is this type of post is far more detrimental to the games health than the guy who screams "OMFG YOU GUYZ FAIL FIX CALTDROPS ALRDY FAIL FAIL FAIL"

Why? Because this guy kisses their butts and makes it look like everything is ok when it is not, and the devs don't know what to fix.

Also "Awesome" is subjective to your opinion....the caltdrop, merc, broke pvp bags, lag, delayed weapon swap, passive bugs, skill bugs and the rest of the issues in pvp are not "Awesome" for most people...

Very subjective. With the bugs, yeah, not so great. Put those aside and ESO does have a pretty awesome PvP system. Really depends on if you're a glass half full or a "glass so empty there's a black hole at the bottom that just swallowed my house" kind of person.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in all seriousness the last three nights of server reboots...server rollbacks and loading screen WHILE IM FIGHTING are building a good case for me to try one more month..no more.
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You must be young :p there are at least a couple of MMOs of the same "scale".

But yes when its playable this game is a lot of fun.
    Edited by Gisgo on June 1, 2014 2:05AM
  • JosephChip
    JosephChip
    ✭✭✭
    Gisgo wrote: »

You must be young :p there are at least a couple of MMOs of the same "scale".

But yes when its playable this game is a lot of fun.

I hope one of them isn't GW2, because it isn't even close.

Anyway, they need to add XP and gold gains to PvP. Make it a viable way to level and sustain oneself. Rising it on par with PvE for crying out loud.
    Right now PvP is only a side activity that can suck up hours and give nothing back. We want it to be effectively an alternative play style to PvE. They promised this, even went as far as saying that PvP is the focus of this game. How about delivering? Because right now that isn't the case.
    I remember playing SWTOR. The pvp in it had something right. It rewarded players with XP, gold, pvp ranks and gear. It was a valid way to level up and generally experience the game. So much that my third char never saw the shadow of a quest or an npc. Why do we have to suffer this half assed state of things in ESO? Which is supposed to be a PvP heavy MMO?
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would enjoy it if I wasn't being kicked off/dc'd or treadmill/teleporting for pretty much the entire time I'm trying to play. I can't see how anyone could find that fun.

That rare, precious time when people are apparently asleep or the server gets its vents cleaned and I get none of the above, it is truly beautiful.
  • Ghenra
    Ghenra
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah! Nice post, maybe people should stop cry about Cyrodiil but at this time there is a serious problem, the lag.

I want to play in PvP, but it is impossible, no swap weapons, 5s or more to cast skills, unresponsive keep doors, etc.

ZOS need to fix this gap now because everyone will leave this game, we are paying to play, nothing more.
  • Wolfahm
    Wolfahm
    ✭✭✭
    If the lag in Wabba was fixed I would love this game even with all of its faults and other problems that are bound to happen in a new MMO. Tell then tho its getting hard to love. (I have not played since patch today so if the lag is gone great.)
    MAKE KHAJIITS CRIT AGAIN!!!

|Wolf Ahm the Unchained|
    - 4 Nightblades | 3 Stam/1 Mag -
    - 2 Templars | Stam/Healer -
    - 2 Sorc | Stam/Mag -
    - 2 Wardens | Stam/Mag -
    - 1 DK | Tank/Stam -
    || Aldmeri Dominion ||

• Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfahm wrote: »
    If the lag in Wabba was fixed I would love this game even with all of its faults and other problems that are bound to happen in a new MMO. Tell then tho its getting hard to love. (I have not played since patch today so if the lag is gone great.)

It is not :(

between 6-11pm EST every siege was a slideshow at times.
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, its EPIC on the lag scale.
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wolfahm wrote: »

It is not :(

between 6-11pm EST every siege was a slideshow at times.

It was managable lag when i got on about 8pm EST time, but then DC took a scroll from EP. I went up and headed off the scroll keeper and got the flag. Everyone of course on the map started to converge on us. When the fighting escalted, i died scroll dropped again then i crash.

When i get back in i kept getting FPS lag spikes bringing me down to 0. Other people in zone reported the same thing. It remained this way for about a half an hour before i couldnt take ti and left. Once i got back outside of Cyrodil, game ran fine. I even tried to come back with no addons, turned down my graphics and still got these FPS drops.

I do not understand why they cant figure this out. The lag has gotten progressively worse with each new patch. Cyrodil ran 4 times better at launch.
  • kronicbubonic
    kronicbubonic
    Soul Shriven
    WTB More AvA lovers to fill up servers...
    Paying with glorious battle
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you hate pvp, make a DK or a sorc they say, and you will love it :D
    Edited by Kypho on June 5, 2014 1:59PM