The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Fishing needs some buffs

VanLein
VanLein
Soul Shriven
atm moment fishing is useless unless you want those achivements.

I suggest to make fishing usefull for provisioring and alchemy.

Fish shall be an ingredient for alchemy and provisioring.

For alchemy, the fish shall be used as booster for potions.
For example:
Water+ alch. Ingredient+ alch. Ingredient+ alch. Ingredient+ Fish

Longfin increases the duration of the potions.
Dhufish increases the stamina restoration of the potions.
Salmon increases the magicka restoration of the potions.
and so on.

The rare fish shall be used too and they may increase two or tree stats of the potions.

For provisioring, i suggest to make the recipes with fish more powerfull then common ones.
btw make more rare recipes with rare fish as an ingredient or maybe rare fish for legandary recipes
  • AreoHotah
    AreoHotah
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should change your title too "fishing needs purpose". what does it need a buff for. being more useless??

Anyway i agree.
    Hota'h, Dual-wield/bow full medium armor NB Khajiit from day 1.

https://imageshack.com/i/p2rF313Qj/b]
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that fishing needs to have more utility than just a hollow achievement. As has been suggested in many other threads before this one, there's lots of ways to use fish in foods and potions.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree that fishing needs to have more utility than just a hollow achievement. As has been suggested in many other threads before this one, there's lots of ways to use fish in foods and potions.
    Fish in foods, sure. Fish in potions? Not so much...
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well fish sell for more than food but quests are more efficient for making gold.
    Fish in foods, sure. Fish in potions? Not so much...

Why not? Omega3 Fatty Acids are taken from IRL Fish. Some neuro-toxins come from fish.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that fishing has no "purpose"... isn't that the point? I mean, other than the achievements. It's not for anything but itself, really. Just a moment to cool down, watch the water. I like the fact that there's something like this in the game that doesn't participate in all the relentless striving. It's clearly not for everyone.
  • Nidwin
    Nidwin
    ✭✭✭
    Fishing is mainly for the achievements. I would hate to have another bunch of bots screwing it up again because suddenly fishing becomes an important "craft".
    Nidwinqq Templar (healzzz) United Warhammer Vets
    Nidwinqq RR100 Magus till the end, R.I.P. Badlands
  • Jexie
    Jexie
    ✭✭
    I have some good news for you, taken from this post; elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2014/05/01/the-road-ahead---may-1st?ref=rss

On the list of future updates is..
    Improvements to fishing

So it's good to know something is in the works, and that fishing isn't being ignored. With our feedback we can help to develop this niche little activity to make it something viably awesome. ;)
    Edited by Jexie on June 2, 2014 4:02PM
    Guild Leader of The Knights Who Say NiRn - a UK players community. www.knightswhosaynirn.co.uk
    - "When you have found the shrubbery, you must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest... Wiiiiiithh.... A HERRING!"
    Twitchverse |Twitterverse
    My ESO Forum Guide
  • VanLein
    VanLein
    Soul Shriven
    btw fishing is still buggy, the rare fishes are continue to disappear
    Jexie wrote: »
    I have some good news for you, taken from this post; elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2014/05/01/the-road-ahead---may-1st?ref=rss

On the list of future updates is..
    Improvements to fishing

So it's good to know something is in the works, and that fishing isn't being ignored. With our feedback we can help to develop this niche little activity to make it something viably awesome. ;)

awesome
    Edited by VanLein on June 2, 2014 4:02PM
  • class101
    class101
    ✭✭✭
    Not counting all the fishing achievements bugged and reported since day 1, fishing is really useless yet and the development on it is null

I'm part of a 50 fishing guild members and I don't even bother recruiting for, there is no point in investing time in fishing when you know more than 50% of all the achievements are not achievable...
    Edited by class101 on June 2, 2014 4:07PM
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prove that 50% of all the achievements are not achievable. From where I'm standing I do not believe you. I have only heard that the single fish found in Khenarthi's Roost does not reward the achievement.

Every achievement fish I have caught has rewarded the achievement progress.
  • Nidwin
    Nidwin
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't get the achievement for the Blackrock Isle one this morning and I got thar blue inner fish.

No unlocks for Coldharbour.

I know one spot in Deshaan for foul water fish. Dropped 200+ Crawlers but never had a green or the blue one. I although had 15+ bugged reel ins.

This is post patch that should have fixed stuff.
    Nidwinqq Templar (healzzz) United Warhammer Vets
    Nidwinqq RR100 Magus till the end, R.I.P. Badlands
  • spaanplaat
    spaanplaat
    Soul Shriven
    Nidwin wrote: »
    Didn't get the achievement for the Blackrock Isle one this morning and I got thar blue inner fish.

No unlocks for Coldharbour.

I know one spot in Deshaan for foul water fish. Dropped 200+ Crawlers but never had a green or the blue one. I although had 15+ bugged reel ins.

This is post patch that should have fixed stuff.

I can confirm that you do not receive the achievement in Bleakrock Isle when the Inner Sea Scalyfin is caught. I've caught this bad boy more times than I can count but no achievement. Also all the rare fish I catch do not show up in my inventory. And to think fishing was supposed to be a recourse to earn a buck or two.

I would love to spend some more time fishing but at the moment it seems kinda pointless. Also in the new PTS patch notes there is no mentioning of fishing whatsoever.