The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Gamepads

Niastissa
Niastissa
✭✭✭
Please add support for game pads. I don't want to have to tinker with it. I want to be able to plug my controller in and have it work like it does with Skyrim on the PC. Please developers add game pad supper to the game.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not a Mac specific issue so maybe worth posting to Customer Support section to bring it to their attention. Currently ESO does not support gamepads as noted in the Support section. They say it is because the current clients are optimised for keyboard and mouse which makes sense as most will use those for the game. The console versions will have their own controller support.

There is an existing thread in this Mac section on how to get controllers to work in ESO with lots of useful advice.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I am using my xbox 360 controller. I am almost using it as I would be on Skyrim. Costed me $5 for the 3rd party software, about an hour to configure the control scheme I like.

This can really be done on your part with just a bit of work. So worth it for me. I use the controller and keyboard on my lap for the controls I can't have on the controller.

You can do it, you have the power. If you don't, they you are just robbing yourself the time and have nobody else to blame but yourself.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Niastissa
    Niastissa
    ✭✭✭
    What app are you using?

However an hour to setup stinks. I wish they would integrate the controller into the game.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Niastissa wrote: »
    What app are you using?

However an hour to setup stinks. I wish they would integrate the controller into the game.
    Cherk the thread linked above I posted previously for suggestions.

An hour to set up the game for the way you prefer to play is going to be a lot faster than waiting for ZOS to developer, test and integrate controller support ;)
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am using Joystick Mapper. Really easy to use. The reason it's so time consuming for me is because, I wanted to know do I want it here or do I want it there?

Make sure you use the mouse movement point of view on the right thumbstick and move forward/back/left/right on the left thumbstick. This way it will be played like Skyrim. Put the other controls where ever you want that suits your fancy.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • RWKT
    RWKT
    ✭✭
    I Agree. ESO Needs Official Integrated Controller Support. If They Can Do It For A Console They Can Do It For PC. It's No Fun With A Mouse.
    My poetry...if you like that sort of thing... http://rwkt.blogspot.ca/
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    RWKT wrote: »
    I Agree. ESO Needs Official Integrated Controller Support. If They Can Do It For A Console They Can Do It For PC. It's No Fun With A Mouse.
    Holy Capitalisation =! :) Very hard to read that.

Really, it's best to post general points to Customer Service as they will not read Mac Technical Support section anything like they will that one for such general requests.

Here, players have already offered good Mac specific advice on how to use controllers with the game if you want that.