Motifs.

krapmyself
krapmyself
✭✭✭
So i've only found a single motif drop since I started playing Saturday. I loot every container I see but don't have much luck. Anybody have any tips for collecting more motifs without buying them from players?
  • Rytfield
    Rytfield
    ✭✭✭
    Check the following containers:
    - Dressers
    - Cabinets
    - Desks
    - Wardrobes
    - Backpacks
    - Nightstands
    - Trunks

You wont find them in barrels and crates afaik (I haven't).

Also, check every building in town and when you're in a building with a decent amount of containers it's worth relogging and recheck the containers. The bank in Wayrest is a good example.
    Options
  • BrotherBear
    BrotherBear
    ✭✭
    Also, don't just check a town's buildings once and think you've completed the cache run. Come back and do it all again after a while and it's all respawned, also switching layers can respawn the items. The larger towns and cities will give you a good haul and better chances at motifs, but don't pass those backpacks laying around in the wilds or the buildings in small villages.

"But you know the old saying: When life gives you lemons...
    Go murder a clown
    ."
    ―Festus Krex
    Options
  • krapmyself
    krapmyself
    ✭✭✭
    alright, I'll give it a go. thanks!
    Options
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think, if you relog - that resets containers. So you can check all the containers in a building, relog - check them again... rinse and repeat.
    Options
  • Zallnessa_ESO
    Zallnessa_ESO
    ✭✭
    I have found a single motif since 5 day early access but I swear all I get are hundreds of recipes / race style gems and lock picks (ok maybe not hundreds but it's all I get lol). I check EVERY dresser, desk, nightstand, trunk, etc i see and all I get is recipes, race gems and lock picks. >.<
    Options
  • KiroElmarok
    KiroElmarok
    ✭✭✭
    So far... I've got 2 motifs as mob drops and 3 from barrels/nightstand/desk
    Daggerfall Covenant - Dunmer - Dragon Knight

Options
  • HaphazardAllure
    I've been playing since Tuesday and haven't gotten any, but that's just bad RNG luck. :P I remember getting a few in beta, so I have hope, lol.
    Options
  • robacooperb16_ESO
    robacooperb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    As a rule from the old Elder Scrolls games: LOOT EVERYTHING.

Containers in towns (cabinets, nightstands, trunks, desks, etc) seem to produce the most motifs and racial crafting items. Keep in mind they reset to searchable again after a few zone-changes/relogs/or time.
    The only negative experience in ESO is those that make it negative.
    Options
  • Myrdreth
    Myrdreth
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't aware that we could get motifs through rummaging containers o_o I always open everything! Seems like I've bad luck too*lol*
    ~ ♥ ~
    Options
  • Pang
    Pang
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah RNG is a cruel mistress sometimes indeed. I played in Betas and the PTS and now in live and I can count on one hand the number of motifs I have found. I haven't found any in live yet.
    Edited by Pang on April 4, 2014 4:04PM
    Options
  • krapmyself
    krapmyself
    ✭✭✭
    well, anyway, thanks for the tip. I now have all the motifs except the non racial ones plus a few extras

RADICAL! :)
    Edited by krapmyself on April 4, 2014 5:32PM
    Options
  • Hartross
    Hartross
    Soul Shriven
    Rytfield wrote: »
    Check the following containers:
    - Dressers
    - Cabinets
    - Desks
    - Wardrobes
    - Backpacks
    - Nightstands
    - Trunks

You wont find them in barrels and crates afaik (I haven't).

Also, check every building in town and when you're in a building with a decent amount of containers it's worth relogging and recheck the containers. The bank in Wayrest is a good example.

I second Wayrest bank. Was just in there and got both High Elves and Redguard motifs from 2 different desks
    Options
  • mlstevens42_ESO
    mlstevens42_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Make sure you also look in things in cold harbor when you end up there for the prophet also. I am lacking high elves, nords and imperial.....as well as the four rare ones. Have obtained the rest from where the others have said or cold harbor containers.
    Options
  • mark2472
    mark2472
    ✭✭✭
    I check every container I come across... in towns, in dungeons, in the world, even in coldharbour. Desks, barrels, nightstands, backpacks, trunks, everything. I've been playing since the first day of early access. I have yet to find a single motif... so I guess I have bad luck too.
    Edited by mark2472 on April 8, 2014 12:39PM
    Options
  • timborggrenlarsenb16_ESO
    how long is the respawn timer - ingame with no re-log ?
    FFFRRREEEDDDOOOMMM!!!
    - Be Anyone.
    - Do Anything.
    - Go Anywhere.
    Options
  • Shiaxi
    Shiaxi
    ✭✭✭
    Got all the standard motifs at least once; before the nerf I got all of them spread over a few days from the bank building in vulkhel guard (or however it's spelled)

since the nerf I occasionally pick one up.. though I don't really go out hunting for the motifs
    Options