The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Most of items are looking same

HayvanSevici
HayvanSevici
Soul Shriven
Hi guys ;

Dont you think most of items ,weapons and armors look same ? or similar ?
I think this game needs variety about items,armor,weapon etc...
I know there will be dye system but it wont enough i guess.
They should put more textures and graphics.

What do you think ?
  • Noctisse
    Noctisse
    ✭✭✭
    With all due respect, this subject has been brought up numerous times in the forums.
  • MrDenimChicken
    MrDenimChicken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And most of the mobs look the same.
  • Tadhg_Longhouse
    Tadhg_Longhouse
    ✭✭✭
    Most items in the same style look the same yes. But you can chose from 13 different styles once your have the motifs. If you choose to only craft one style of gear then it will always look pretty much the same, but you are allowed to mix styles as much as you like.

I am happy to have more styles added to the game but I don't have any issue with the current designs. Most of the styles look nothing like each other in my view.
    Tadhg Longhouse
    Reachman Sorcerer
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • HayvanSevici
    HayvanSevici
    Soul Shriven
    Noctisse wrote: »
    With all due respect, this subject has been brought up numerous times in the forums.

You are right , i am sorry but we need attention to this issue.
    Most items in the same style look the same yes. But you can chose from 13 different styles once your have the motifs. If you choose to only craft one style of gear then it will always look pretty much the same, but you are allowed to mix styles as much as you like.

I am happy to have more styles added to the game but I don't have any issue with the current designs. Most of the styles look nothing like each other in my view.

Yes but what about dungeon drops ? All same or similar
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noctisse wrote: »

You are right , i am sorry but we need attention to this issue.

Yes but what about dungeon drops ? All same or similar

No. Different dungeon drops are in different styles.
    ----
    Murray?
  • HayvanSevici
    HayvanSevici
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah different styles which are also similar =)
    This is my point...
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Similar in what way? How would you want them to look?

I don't have a problem with the styles. There's a world of difference between say, Argonian and Breton armors.
  • HayvanSevici
    HayvanSevici
    Soul Shriven
    Most of drop items from instances,mobs etc... are similar my friend
  • Kayira
    Kayira
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you craft one style only of course it will look similar throughout the levels. However I have to disagree, armors and weapons in different style look different.

Look here for example, you can clearly see that light armor looks different and as you level up becomes more epic in design:

eso-fashion.com/clothing-by-armor-weight/

I am personally happy with the armor and weapon design (although I want jerkins so I can see my legs)
    EU PC
    In Game Tag: @Silthoras

Raid Mains: Warden and Templar Heals
    DDs: Mag Sorc and Mag Necro
  • HayvanSevici
    HayvanSevici
    Soul Shriven
    Crafting and styling or mix styles are fine but can improve ....Also my point is about drop items...They are different yes but very very similar models.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafting and styling or mix styles are fine but can improve ....Also my point is about drop items...They are different yes but very very similar models.

Dropped items come in all the same styles that crafted items do. I literally have no idea how you haven't noticed this.
    ----
    Murray?
  • darkopale
    darkopale
    ✭✭
    Weapons design in TESO is really bad ... games like tera, lineage 2, aion have amazing weapons skins.

Armors are not that bad in TESO but have to be more impressive
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    darkopale wrote: »
    Weapons design in TESO is really bad ... games like tera, lineage 2, aion have amazing weapons skins.

All the games you listed have armor/weapon designs which look utterly ridiculous and cartoonish. The Elder Scrolls series may be a fantasy series, but the games have always had a more grounded, realistic aesthetic than games with flaming skull pauldrons and swords twice as big as the character.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    darkopale wrote: »

The day ESO starts taking pointers from TERA's aesthetic style will be the day I quit.
  • HayvanSevici
    HayvanSevici
    Soul Shriven
    I dont want wow or cartoonish styles but there must be variety.
    Models and textures are soo simple for me.
    Aion tera or lineage ? LoL i hate them.