The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Should players have access to a Hardcore server

• Jim_McMasterub17_ESO
    Yes
    That playstyle makes no sense in an MMO. Hardcore mode is a concept that was made popular by Diablo II, which was not an MMO.

And stop asking for new servers. The whole point of the megaserver is to avoid fragmenting the population into lots of little niche servers.

I fraking despise their megaserver concept, I WANT an RP server, ...so..um, NO, I'll NOT stop asking for additioinal servers, if ONLY to get me away from people like YOU.
  • stevenpotter321b14_ESO
    Honestly though, I would support this. I wouldnt play on it, but if they make a hardcore server, they might make other server types. Really, I just want them to kill the mega-server, then we wouldn't need to be in 5 guilds, we could have auction houses, and we might almost have a server community.
  • rfpalmerb16_ESO
    rfpalmerb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

So,
    This would be a SORC and DK only server then?
    Round peg? Square hole? Not a problem with a big enough hammer.
  • HandofBane
    HandofBane
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Alazarz wrote: »
    That playstyle makes no sense in an MMO. Hardcore mode is a concept that was made popular by Diablo II, which was not an MMO.

And stop asking for new servers. The whole point of the megaserver is to avoid fragmenting the population into lots of little niche servers.

It makes perfect sense in an MMO such as TES IMO! Not others, but TES for sure.

There is no MMO that is designed for "hardcore" mode. Half of the learning curve in this game is dying. Rules like the ones you've described have been great for the masochists in single-player Elder Scrolls games because in those games, you aren't expected to die over and over again. In those games, you don't have to worry about being killed by server lag or any kind of bug that forces you to use the /stuck command.

Hardcore mode is not for MMOs. Period.

Haven & Hearth would like to disagree with you, though it remains in perpetual alpha due to the work on Salem. Character dies? You get to make a new one. Earn all your skills up from scratch, hope you can find someplace safer to set down a homestead, and pray all your google-fu has taught you enough Russian to get out of being robbed, murdered, and your friends/alts campfires staked out for more death and dismemberment. Then posting on the forums or getting a hold of friendly folks hoping you can hire some bounty hunters/anti-PKs to track down and return the favor to those who murdered/robbed you.

Definitely not for the faint of heart, and also why I voted no on this poll. Some folks can handle this (I love that kind of relatively free-PvP world), but the vast majority would give up after their first or second death. There just wouldn't be a big enough population to support such a server, let alone fill out more than one PvP campaign attached to it.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, they should have access to something like that if they want. Although you might want to rethink the no deaths aspect.

Also I don't want to play on a hardcore server myself.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • isengrimb16_ESO
    isengrimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I fraking despise their megaserver concept, I WANT an RP server, ...so..um, NO, I'll NOT stop asking for additioinal servers, if ONLY to get me away from people like YOU.

Mm, personally I like the megaserver idea; it's better than signing onto one of 250 servers to find it dead a couple of years down the road, because all the population got concentrated on one or two servers, anyway.

Normally, I'd support choice, and I think there will be variety coming in future patches; but really, a hardcore mode is something anyone can choose to impose on themselves. You die, you delete the character and everything in his bank.
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Voted yes.

More player choice is good.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • Ajyn
    Ajyn
    ✭✭
    Yes to HC, but maybe you can still revive with soul gem.
    Ajyn Adventures (80's Graphic Styles) http://www.twitch.tv/ajynadventures/profile

3.5min Hiath Battlemaster Kill in Vet DSA http://www.twitch.tv/ajynadventures/c/5665297

No Split Method on Stage 10 http://www.twitch.tv/ajynadventures/c/6065266
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Would like to see a HC server, where the entirety of Tamriel is PvP, no place being safe.

Think you're safe in that big city? Here comes a 200-player raiding party to kill all NPCs and you on sight.

Lose, and you start over from scratch in the soul dungeon, having lost everything.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"