Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVP Latency

Mumyo
Mumyo
✭✭✭✭✭
I really like the way u planned pvp to be.
The problem ist that at least 50% of the time we suffer from tremendous lags and cant enjoy anything and that happens at low population.

U made the keeps harder to conquer so u need bigger numbers but that is just provoking the lags more.

Is there anything in future that can seriously improve the latency????
Pls dont tell me shi*
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least the time not beeing laggy is very awesome and a lot of fun!
  • cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    On Monday (6/2) during the regular maintenance period, we’ll be pushing an incremental patch to the live megaservers. The patch includes a handful of important fixes and improvements. We’re still working on finalizing the complete patch notes, but we wanted to share some of the highlights with you now:

We do have more skill line fixes and improvements on the way, and are looking at which ones we can get out next week. We’ll keep you updated.

Alliance War
    • Implemented some memory fixes which will improve performance (decrease latency) in Cyrodiil.
    • Caltrops: Fixed an issue with Caltrops – you will no longer be immune to siege damage.
    • Fixed an issue where some container rewards received through mail by non-veteran rank player characters contained items with no level or icon.
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    golden+dog+poop.jpg
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    On Monday (6/2) during the regular maintenance period, we’ll be pushing an incremental patch to the live megaservers. The patch includes a handful of important fixes and improvements. We’re still working on finalizing the complete patch notes, but we wanted to share some of the highlights with you now:

We do have more skill line fixes and improvements on the way, and are looking at which ones we can get out next week. We’ll keep you updated.

Alliance War
    • Implemented some memory fixes which will improve performance (decrease latency) in Cyrodiil.
    • Caltrops: Fixed an issue with Caltrops – you will no longer be immune to siege damage.
    • Fixed an issue where some container rewards received through mail by non-veteran rank player characters contained items with no level or icon.
    yall are fixin caltrops? then there IS hope.
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now..if they can address guest players over filling campaigns allowing for certain alliances(which will go un named) to run with 200 ppl across the map we may see a true reduction in lag. ;)
  • ErykGrimm
    ErykGrimm
    ✭✭✭
    Why is this even a thread? There are dozens of threads complaining about lag in cyrodil. Devs have released statements that it is being worked on. There are patch notes that state that they are improving latency. Yes lag in pvp is a big deal and needs to be addressed, but at least check the upcoming patch notes before making another uninformed complaint thread.
  • Bunku
    Bunku
    Soul Shriven
    ErykGrimm wrote: »
    Why is this even a thread? There are dozens of threads complaining about lag in cyrodil. Devs have released statements that it is being worked on. There are patch notes that state that they are improving latency. Yes lag in pvp is a big deal and needs to be addressed, but at least check the upcoming patch notes before making another uninformed complaint thread.

Well tbh, empty promises dont fix problems. It is good that its noted thou.

When the lag disappears, then its all good and flowery. I am all for pushing the issue until then.
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted specific answers.

I often heard "we are working on it" and thats propably not a solution at all.
    Age of Conan was also "working on it" and years passed without any changes.

Answers like " we are moving the european megaserver to europa" would be concrete and giving me facts i can deal with.

"We are working on it" sounds like "spend some more money pls and keep hoping forever" to me. I'm sry but thats what experience tells me.

Thats simply why i ask like this.
  • cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    So a direct quote of the patch notes from the patch coming in 24 hours of a fix addressing lag (latency) isn't a specific enough answer for you?
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i bet with you that nothing will change regarding this.