Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Softcap

Mumyo
Mumyo
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi guys. simple question before i waste my gold to reset my attributes.

Does the dmg softcap widen by putting points into stamina?

allready reached the limit but did not spend a single point in it.
  • cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    The softcap is a little odd at lower levels and honestly you shouldn't really worry about it until the endgame as even small changes in armor enchantments and passives as you level up can have you hitting various softcaps.
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am V12 :)

It seems that u can not widen the weapondmg softcap through spending points in it.
    so you can easily avoid spending points into stamina by wearing the hundings rage set as an example and going for stamina enchants.
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im pretty certain soft cap only changes with certain levels.

The last I heard armor soft cap gave 33% damage reduction and hard cap gave 50% which is a nice incentive to hit that hard cap for a tank.

But I could be wrong about those #s but a 20% difference from soft cap to hard cap would almost make it worth it.
  • Aballister
    Aballister
    ✭✭✭
    Never understood the need for a softcap, a play as you want game which then effectively forces you to balance out stats doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Then again I'm a min/maxer, so slight biased :wink:
    Dark Elf Sorc(AD)
  • Talmet
    Talmet
    ✭✭✭
    Never understood the need for a softcap, a play as you want game which then effectively forces you to balance out stats doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Then again I'm a min/maxer, so slight biased :wink:

You realize that virtually all games have soft/hard caps right?

Skyrim had a hard cap on armor.
    dark souls has caps on just about every stat
    Kotor had soft caps at character generation (higher stats cost more points).
    etc etc etc...

The only thing that ESO did different, is to tell the player in game if they reached the cap. Most other games never tell the player (i.e. in skyrim, you could keep getting more and more armor rating, and it would show a higher and higher number...but your damage reduction was capped at 80%, which occurs between 450-660 depending on whether you are wearing armor/shield.)

if you actually are a min/maxer...then you should be well aware of how stat caps work already, and do research online about how games actually work & be familiar with how many games have some form of soft/hard caps...
    Edited by Talmet on June 2, 2014 3:27PM
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mumyo‌
    Putting points in stamina does not give weapon damage, it give more dmg for you stamina using skills, same with magicka.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mumyo wrote: »
    I am V12 :)
    Surprised you reached that level and still not know basic mechanics, I can see why you got the reply you did.

• DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only way to get more Weapon Damage is via set bonuses or Rage type Glyphs (add X weapon power) which work on Jewelry and Weapon.

For Spell Damage (effects healing as well) you only have Jewelry Glyphs until Zos fixes the Rage Weapon Glyph to effect Spell damage also, and I don't recall there being any set bonuses either.

Adding Stamina will effect how much damage Melee based abilities do (and all Bow abilities), even if it's a morph for range. ZoS is aware and unhappy with the concept that Magicka costing-melee abilities shouldn't scale off Stamina and is working on a fix. Higher Stamina also effects white damage for ALL weapons, including Staves, which is simply light and heavy attacks.

Hope that helps.
  • Talmet
    Talmet
    ✭✭✭
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    @Mumyo‌
    Putting points in stamina does not give weapon damage, it give more dmg for you stamina using skills, same with magicka.

Not sure what you mean...

If you mean that it does not increase the "weapon damage" stat on your character page, then you are correct.

If you mean that it does not increase the damage your weapons actually do when attacking an enemy, then you are wrong. Stamina increases light/heavy attacks with all weapons (including staves). You can test this for yourself if you want, get FTC or recount or something to show how much damage you deal & then go buy some +max stamina food. Attack an enemy, see your damage. Eat the food, attack the same type of enemy again, see your damage.
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its true its a well known fact and has been for a long time that Stamina increases ALL Light/Heavy attacks including Staffs.