The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

its like this bot is not afraid at all.

manyrabidrats
manyrabidrats
✭✭✭
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1JLvsSEHnlWOFdnZlhDZl9fcDQ/edit

its like the bots aren't afraid at all.. i mean come on.. this bot i followed around town for a while.. it just killed one thing after another over and over. seemed to just go in a circle. the bot in front of that one, in green prison clothes still, went along the same path.

i wonder though, what they could be farming these mobs for.
  • Millionaires
    Millionaires
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, not clicking that link. ;)

Regardless don't name and shame.
    Edited by Millionaires on May 31, 2014 8:59PM
  • Rofaka
    Rofaka
    ✭✭✭
    I cried a little because the bot is level 45... They've let him get THAT far? This seriously devalues characters when there's bots around that are almost capped... there's probs bots that are...
  • Noctisse
    Noctisse
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm I'm not sure I agree with the naming & shaming policy when it comes to bots...I mean it's not like they're actual players who are being suspected for using hacks etc...They are shamelessly violating the game ToS, and I think gold selling is illegal and prosecuted anyway? So why shelter them?
  • manyrabidrats
    manyrabidrats
    ✭✭✭
    i know right! he's higher level than me :(
    the name is obviously bottish :P its a shame he made it so far
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noctisse wrote: »
    Hmm I'm not sure I agree with the naming & shaming policy when it comes to bots...I mean it's not like they're actual players who are being suspected for using hacks etc...They are shamelessly violating the game ToS, and I think gold selling is illegal and prosecuted anyway? So why shelter them?

Because you don't actually know that a player is a bot. Yes, you may be able to tell that they're behaving strangely, but you don't have the tools the developers can use to determine if a person is actually botting. Which is why we don't name and shame: because we can't know for sure.

And please, no one reply with an "it's common sense," line. I'm sure it's very obvious to you, but without actually being able to verify it, you have no way of knowing if you're watching an automated program or a very, very bored child who got on daddy's computer by mistake.
    ----
    Murray?
  • manyrabidrats
    manyrabidrats
    ✭✭✭
    it wasnt intended as a name and shame, though with that name, he shames himself. it was more a pointed note that folks are able to bot to lvl 45 and get near the end zones, this shoudlnt happen.. by then, they should have been flagged. especially with no attempt to hide that it is a bot
  • Covyn
    Covyn
    ✭✭✭
    Eso's stance on BOT's is incredibly weak. I had high hopes when I saw the GM's state they were in an area....then frowned when they left 15 minutes later. ZoS needs to hire people to be inside their game 24/7 banning these little *** on a moments notice.

It's my belief that they don't want to ban them due to them being tied to paying customers.....which they are getting shorter on.
    Gyxx (VR1) Templar
    Quidd (VR5) Nightblade
    Kadzien (15) Sorc
    Covyn (VR12) DragonKnight (now spends his days crafting)
  • manyrabidrats
    manyrabidrats
    ✭✭✭
    ... note the person in front.. prison rags.. in a lvl 40 zone... lawl
  • Ragekniv
    Ragekniv
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, not clicking that link. ;)

Regardless don't name and shame.

Name them, shame them, stop ninja nerfing class abilities like Templar biting jabs rather than deal with the plague of subscription paying bots.

Zenimax is punishing the player base for their incompetence!

Enjoy racing herds of underground bots to timed resource nodes.

Enjoy Zenimax breaking class abilities that are abused by bots.

I'd go on but the forums are saturated with constructive feedback on all these issues.

Zenimax does not care, will likely never read or take action in a timely or effective manner to its customer base concerns.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Covyn wrote: »
    Eso's stance on BOT's is incredibly weak. I had high hopes when I saw the GM's state they were in an area....then frowned when they left 15 minutes later. ZoS needs to hire people to be inside their game 24/7 banning these little *** on a moments notice.

It's my belief that they don't want to ban them due to them being tied to paying customers.....which they are getting shorter on.

Please learn how gold-sellers operate.

They don't pay with their own cards. They compromise accounts or use stolen cards. No money for ZO.

And bots can be banned 24/7 if you like, but they'll keep coming back until the developers break the bot and roll out a security fix to keep it broken. Then the bot programmers come up with a new way around the security fix, and we start over again. If you really want to stop botting, get players to stop buying gold.
    ----
    Murray?
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought bots were programs that automatically ran your character for you? Why would it be afraid? It is a program.
  • Noctisse
    Noctisse
    ✭✭✭

Because you don't actually know that a player is a bot. Yes, you may be able to tell that they're behaving strangely, but you don't have the tools the developers can use to determine if a person is actually botting. Which is why we don't name and shame: because we can't know for sure.

And please, no one reply with an "it's common sense," line. I'm sure it's very obvious to you, but without actually being able to verify it, you have no way of knowing if you're watching an automated program or a very, very bored child who got on daddy's computer by mistake.

I'm not going to use the common sense bit.
    But when you see a group of people using the exact same attack with supernaturally perfect timing on a mob that has appeared fractions of a second ago, it's either a bot group or a group of mutant psychics with super reflexes.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But when you see a group of people using the exact same attack with supernaturally perfect timing on a mob that has appeared fractions of a second ago, it's either a bot group or a group of mutant psychics with super reflexes.

Or a multiboxer.

You still don't know for sure what is causing that behavior, which is why someone with the tools to know that needs to look at the situation after you report it.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Noctisse
    Noctisse
    ✭✭✭

Or a multiboxer.

You still don't know for sure what is causing that behavior, which is why someone with the tools to know that needs to look at the situation after you report it.

I've met multiboxers, and none, regardless how awesome and experienced they were, could keep their characters moving and attacking in such perfect unison. Unless these ones have multiple brains and pairs of hands? I must admit I hadn't thought of that possibility yet.

• nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or a multiboxer.

I've met multiboxers, and none, regardless how awesome and experienced they were, could keep their characters moving and attacking in such perfect unison. Unless these ones have multiple brains and pairs of hands? I must admit I hadn't thought of that possibility yet.

You and I must have different definitions of multiboxing, but regardless, you don't have the tools to know if that action is automated or not. Odds are, it is. But you don't know. Which is why we don't name and shame on the forums. Report it, and let the GMs sort it out.
    ----
    Murray?
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are ways to tell if it is a bot or not and I have no problem listing bot names on the forums. I just want them ban ASAP!

I still think that any one who is acting bot like should be put in their own instance. 1) To keep out of real player way 2) Make step on their own feet and toes. Make the different bot "companies" fight over the same resources, thus denieding them nodes. The gold farmer themselves have to reduce the number of bots because of nodes 3) A way to keep closer eye on them for data mine how to beat them before banning them.
  • manyrabidrats
    manyrabidrats
    ✭✭✭
    im wandering around hallin's stand (while imperials have it) and there are about 5 all doing this with ridiculous random-generated names. consider this not as naming but something like "hey gms, here, check these guys out"
  • Noctisse
    Noctisse
    ✭✭✭

Or a multiboxer.

You and I must have different definitions of multiboxing, but regardless, you don't have the tools to know if that action is automated or not. Odds are, it is. But you don't know. Which is why we don't name and shame on the forums. Report it, and let the GMs sort it out.

With all due respect, there are not that many different definitions of multiboxing.
    Multiboxing actions are partially automated anyway.
    I believe this covers it pretty much:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-boxing
    Yes, I obviously don't have the tools to tell, otherwise I would be guilty of hacking myself. However, even if we assumed a character's actions are not automated, their public advertising of third party gold selling companies is still an action legally prosecuted. Making the public aware of something that is actually criminal activity should not be prohibited.
    And naming & shaming might be the only option left for someone, after seeing the same characters one has reported several days ago still roam around freely. Because I can not believe the specific high lvl bot is so elusive that it has never been seen and reported before.
  • Aaklor
    Aaklor
    ✭✭✭
    well for now atleast, they cant get into vet zones. since they kinda fail at questing.
  • manyrabidrats
    manyrabidrats
    ✭✭✭
    Aaklor wrote: »
    well for now atleast, they cant get into vet zones. since they kinda fail at questing.

that, at least, is something to be thankful for
  • Noctisse
    Noctisse
    ✭✭✭
    ''For now'' seems to be the keyword here...
  • kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ive seen vet level bots. :(
  • Ragekniv
    Ragekniv
    ✭✭✭
    Covyn wrote: »

They don't pay with their own cards. They compromise accounts or use stolen cards. No money for ZO.

And bots can be banned 24/7 if you like, but they'll keep coming back until the developers break the bot and roll out a security fix to keep it broken. Then the bot programmers come up with a new way around the security fix, and we start over again. If you really want to stop botting, get players to stop buying gold.

I don't believe the majority of forum contributing players are ignorant to how Gold-Sellers operate.

What offends the community base is that Zenimax's legitimate subscription player base is suffering needlessly due to the inept response to the plague of bots.

When you ninja nerf class skills as a precedent the collective community should be alarmed.

Doing this in apparent direct relation to bots using a given class ability is unspeakable.

But please, continue to abstain from contributing to a community solidarity driven pressure resolution by Zenimax.

I hope you have fun racing the herds of underground bots to timer nerfed resource nodes.
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭

its like the bots aren't afraid at all.. i mean come on.. this bot i followed around town for a while.. it just killed one thing after another over and over. seemed to just go in a circle. the bot in front of that one, in green prison clothes still, went along the same path.

Kyle Reese: Listen. Understand. That Terminator is out there. It can't be reasoned with, it can't be bargained with. It doesn't feel pity of remorse or fear and it absolutely will not stop. Ever. Until you are dead.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • AngryWolf
    AngryWolf
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen a lot of bots just crouched in a busy area. Go back and hour later and they are in the same exact spot. Do you get points toward stealth if you do that? With tons of others running past you all the time, maybe so.
  • Ragekniv
    Ragekniv
    ✭✭✭
    twev wrote: »

Kyle Reese: Listen. Understand. That Terminator is out there. It can't be reasoned with, it can't be bargained with. It doesn't feel pity of remorse or fear and it absolutely will not stop. Ever. Until you are dead.

Made me laugh! Sadly true and prophetic. Forum related posts of bots in slaughter mode in PvP have been made.
  • Thorntongue
    Thorntongue
    ✭✭✭

So where is your proof? You like to defend the bots, maybe business is good for you? These clowns can use pre-paid game time cards too. They probably make so much money that it's just a drop in the bucket. People like you, that INSIST that the scumbags only use stolen credit cards should broaden your view and realize that there are other means to pay for a subscription.
  • Thorntongue
    Thorntongue
    ✭✭✭
    AngryWolf wrote: »
    I've seen a lot of bots just crouched in a busy area. Go back and hour later and they are in the same exact spot. Do you get points toward stealth if you do that? With tons of others running past you all the time, maybe so.

They are probably a mule for the boss.

• Thorntongue
    Thorntongue
    ✭✭✭
    Aaklor wrote: »
    They're there and advertising their ill gotten gains in /zone chat.