Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Craglorn is Here!"

• Avath
    Avath
    Starting off zones of this kind of level and only working through trash etc is a pretty common approach in an MMO. I used to see it a lot back in my WoW days. As players get more powerful they work their way through the content / bosses. If you make it so that people can defeat it on day one the only thing you get is people complaining that it was too easy and demanding more content immediately. Remember, if that's your issue, it takes a LOT longer to make content than it does to play it.

As to it being group only, I'm not in a position to play yet (lowly lvl 32 still), so my jury is out. In some ways I like the idea, in others I'm less keen.

At the end of the day, while the G doesn't stand for group, the MM does stand for "Massively Multiplayer".
  • Squishy
    Squishy
    ✭✭✭
    Avath wrote: »
    At the end of the day, while the G doesn't stand for group, the MM does stand for "Massively Multiplayer".

Yes it does, but it does not imply we should be forced to group with them to do anything in the game :). It only means there are a lot of players playing it at the sametime, but it nowhere implies you HAVE to do anything with them :).
    "In 2014, a possible bot was sent to coldharbour by a military GM for a crime she didn't commit. This argonian promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Ebonheart underground. Today, still wanted by the developers she survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a bot problem, if no one else can bite you, and if you can find her....maybe you can hire The SQUISHY."
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avath wrote: »
    This issue for me isn't that this is group content, that's fine as long as it's optional simply to level, Craglorn isn't optional as there's no other viable PVE way to progress beyond VR10.

I considered ESO to be like Diablo 2, a solo game with an optional on-line CO-OP mode, I was glad it wasn't a last-century 'MMO' where grouping was mandatory.

Craglorn changes everything.
    Edited by KerinKor on May 28, 2014 12:29PM
  • stungateb14_ESO
    stungateb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    teox76 wrote: »
    Maybe...but just imho, people that think that in a online multiplayer game the need to group with other people to overcome difficult NPC or quests is bad...they should rather redirect the attention to others games...i don,'t know...a single player offline game maybe ?

I personally love this design, and would like to see it more in lower levels too, not only in veteran high level zones.

Do you have a reading comphrension problem or you just plain old ignorant myself and a lot of others dont give a damn about grouping or not grouping for "optional" content but craplore is not optional its a leveling zone and forced grouping to level is just plain ole bad design. No where in massively multiplayer online roleplaying game does it even infer grouping so get off your high horse.
  • SpacedChef
    SpacedChef
    Soul Shriven
    I am also sad to cancel my sub. however this game is lacking lots, nothing to do , way to repetative , grouping sucks bad . Makeing a zone where u have to group when u cannot even get a good group for a vr dung . Very stupid . Combat system sucks bad . At first i love this game but really its only worth playing to do quests and that gets lame after a while. Good try though.
    However I played this new wildstar game and holy crap balls , So much more to do and i actually feel like i am doing somthing other then pressing buttons 1 2 3 4 5 over and over and over and voer and over and voer and over and over and over and over agian and not even really know wtf is going on cause the interface sucks balls to . I say take the game offline and call it skyrim 2 .
  • Lodge
    Lodge
    Soul Shriven
    Craglorn: the farming paradise...

i'm very disapponted from that but actually is the way how most player plaing this game.
    I hope bethesda/zenimax teams will do something about that 'cause the game have a big potential unexpressed. They need to incentivate people to play all the content properly, making more convenient play the game instead of savage farming.
    Once someone told me: "we make the game" and i take it seriously