The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should There Be Less Campaigns?

JaJaLuka
JaJaLuka
✭✭✭✭
Just putting it out there. To try to funnel more people into the active campaigns and make it livelier, should there be less campaigns? It just seems that the PVP population is far too spread out across the various existing ones to make for consistent play. I understand that people are calling for an arena mode and that's fine, I agree with that simply for the sake of a balanced PVP experience (and it would be heaps of fun to have gladiatorial ranks), but that's not the issue. If people were able to experience consistent PVP they would stick around longer in Cyrodiil which would lead to an eventual larger population in PVP and perhaps in the future more Cyrodiil zones to choose from again. I just think at this stage when populations are low, concentrating them is a better way to go.
Krojick, DC Sorc PC NA
Milámber, EP Sorc PC NA
Brunack, EP DK PC NA
General Mark Shephard, EP Temp PC NA (Worst temp NA XD )
Krojick Nightblade, DC NB PC NA
Others...
  • Eris
    Eris
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think that the number should stay the same but the system should be revised to rotate 3 active campaigns at a time (changing weekly) so that there is a variation in content. They could even add campaigns but keep 3 active and rotating so the regions would not get stagnate.

Just the thoughts of a uninvolved carebear.
    Side effects of reading messages on forums can cause nausea, head aches, spontaneous fits of rage, urination due to intense laughter, and sometimes the death of your monitor or other object in throwing range. If you find that you are reading forums more than 24 hours a day, please consult your nearest temporal physicist.
  • JaJaLuka
    JaJaLuka
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess whatever the solution, there needs to be some way of raising the population. But fair enough response :)
    Krojick, DC Sorc PC NA
    Milámber, EP Sorc PC NA
    Brunack, EP DK PC NA
    Others...
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the population count in cryodiil in all campaigns is constant changing. making more or deleting campaigns wont have alot of effect in long term. the effect is generated by peoples choice. open world pvp server and pve servers is the answer. if there was only one campaign in cryodiil it would definately help alot, but since we can only have about 100 - 200 people onscreen at one time it creates mass lagg if over packed.
    - i believe the correct fix would be to have is overflow and underflow. once you reach 100 people your campaign is locked and the next 100 people will be placed into the next campaign. if you reach less then 100 people then all people will remain on the same campaign. constant changing according to the amount of people trying to logg into or out of cryodiil.
  • JaJaLuka
    JaJaLuka
    ✭✭✭✭
    sounds like a good idea, but they need to nerf the campaign system in that case. it's entirely based on the individual instances of cyrodiil which makes some of the fixes possible extremely hard. not really sure what the fix is really, but they need to work on something to make it a fun experience.
    Krojick, DC Sorc PC NA
    Milámber, EP Sorc PC NA
    Brunack, EP DK PC NA
    Others...
  • JaJaLuka
    JaJaLuka
    ✭✭✭✭
    oh and on that point, has anyone else noticed that they don't cover all of the aspects of cyrodiil in the tutorial? a lot of people have no idea that mercenaries are even in existence for example.
    Krojick, DC Sorc PC NA
    Milámber, EP Sorc PC NA
    Brunack, EP DK PC NA
    Others...