The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

These PvP bonuses are killing pvp.

GhenghisRex
GhenghisRex
Soul Shriven
People care more about getting bonuses that apply in pve more than actually having a good player versus player fight. Servers are taken over and steamrolled by a single alliance purely for these bonuses, and then they go and either pve or guest in another server with these bonuses still applying. Auriel's Bow used to be the best server for pvp, until a huge Australian AD guild decided it wanted to take over the server every night, which eventually drove away huge chunks of DC and EP population. Now the EP and DC who still play are lucky to ever be able to take 1-2 keeps in a day because any time we get something happening, the AD stop guesting in all their various campaigns and come to zerg stomp us back to the gates. And as much as I hate the AD in Auriel's Bow for this, they aren't even the only faction guilty of this crap. EP and DC both have at least one server that they dominate, and my guild that ran away from AB decided they wanted to take over a server as well. I stayed in AB, but they went on and made sure Scourge was theirs. Amusingly Scourge was deleted, but it didn't solve the problem. They just switched to another empty server to go dominate for the bonuses. Currently, Wabbajack is the only campaign with any semblance of a balance between all 3 alliances, and it itself used to be another Pact dominated server before that big AD guild came and annoyed the majority of players out of Auriel's Bow. These bonuses need to stop being applied to guest campaigns minimum, and really there's way too many servers out there being dominated right now. I just want to play PvP where every faction has a chance, and where your actions actually feel like they matter. But some people don't give a damn about good PvP and just want easy AP farming or buffs for craglorn or for guesting in Wabbajack. Something really should be done about this, because not everyone just switches to Wabbajack when their server is killed by a faction looking for bonuses. Some people just quit for good.
-Leader of The Evil Tyrannos
  • Izatar
    Izatar
    ✭✭✭
    The bonuses are not the cause of this problem. The same thing happened in guild wars2.
    The root of the problem is the existence of fixed factions.

Factions have never worked in any MMO ever. In order to make it work in WoW, they had to make it so horde players played on the alliance side sometimes. In Neverwinter, some people can never play because the faction is filled. In star wars, Illum happened.

Edited by Izatar on May 30, 2014 10:50PM
  • Veakoth
    Veakoth
    ✭✭✭
    Auriel's Bow used to be the best server for pvp, until a huge Australian AD guild decided it wanted to take over the server every night

Since when has Australia's population been huge with anything?. Their time frame for coming online is a few hours after Australian prime time anyway.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Izatar wrote: »
    The bonuses are not the cause of this problem. The same thing happened in guild wars2.
    The root of the problem is the existence of fixed factions.

Factions have never worked in any MMO ever. In order to make it work in WoW, they had to make it so horde players played on the alliance side sometimes. In Neverwinter, some people can never play because the faction is filled. In star wars, Illum happened.

Except ya know..DAOC...

The game they were trying to Copy.

Factions work just fine....You just can't have AoE caps
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This wouldn't be that big of a problem if they had done the underdog bonus right.

I believe in WoW's open PvP areas, the underdog gets combat stat bonuses, (increased HP/mp, increase damage dealt, increased healing dealt, decrease damage received) which is FAR more assisting than silly increased alliance points when severely outnumbered. More alliance points per kill doesn't do you any good if you get facerolled by a zerg swarm.

ZoS should probably look into something like that, then single alliances would think twice before swarming to take advantage of underpopulated campaigns and alliance stacking.
    Edited by demonlkojipub19_ESO on May 31, 2014 1:45AM
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its true, these keep/scroll bonuses should only be for pvp. Even then why would you want to pvp on a server where the enemy faction has all the bonuses? Just put everyone on an even playing field.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • AryaWythers
    AryaWythers
    ✭✭✭
    The Game Devs killed PvP long ago and have started supporting the gold sellers since they are only getting stronger while PvP population has almost completely died out.
  • Izatar
    Izatar
    ✭✭✭
    DoaC was not a huge success; this is nostalgia. It maxed at 250k subs.